Team-BHP - All Roads to Kerala
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   All Roads to Kerala (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27690-all-roads-kerala-168.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2424160)
Beyond Pattambi, did you go via Kunnamkulam or Wadakancherry/Trichur?
Perinthalmanna is pretty crowded.

Took Pattambi-Kulappully-Shornur-Wadakkanchery-Trichur. We crossed Perinthalmanna ~11:45pm, so not much traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajithbr (Post 2425632)
What route you took between Nilambur and Perinthalmanna? What is the condition like and how long it took for this stretch? For overall trip, where did you stop for food-breaks?

Nilambur-Melattor-Pattikad-Perinthalmanna, roads are good but there are lots of narrow curves in Nilambur-Melattor stretch. Almost 1hr we took for this ~55km.

Timing was something like:
5pm: Start from Nice Road end after Kengery( on Mysore Road)
7pm: Mysore
~8.00pm: Reached First checkpost on KA side
9:10pm: Gudallur
Took break for Fuelling and Food at Indian Coffee House, Gudallur.. food(Ghee Roast) was good, but otherwise we had to adjust as there were no other options
9:40pm:Gudallur
11:45pm: Perinthalmanna
12:30am: Kulappully
2:10am: Thiruvankulam(EKM)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiny (Post 2425734)
Timing was something like:
5pm: Start from Nice Road end after Kengery( on Mysore Road)
7pm: Mysore
~8.00pm: Reached First checkpost on KA side
9:10pm: Gudallur

Wow that was quite a touch and go with timings!
How is the Melatoor route status today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2425865)
Wow that was quite a touch and go with timings!
How is the Melatoor route status today?

Melattor route was good as before.. I have taken this route after 1.5years gap, and what surprised me was the Mysore-Nanjangud, which has got very good retarring.

I am planning a Kochi - Coorg trip during the coming weekend. The route we are planning to take is Cochin-Thrissur-Calicut-Kalpetta-Mananthavady-Kutta-Virajpet-Madikeri.
Can anyone throw some light on the current road conditions on this route?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselLover (Post 2427614)
I am planning a Kochi - Coorg trip during the coming weekend. The route we are planning to take is Cochin-Thrissur-Calicut-Kalpetta-Mananthavady-Kutta-Virajpet-Madikeri.

Take the NH47 to thrissur and then onto the guruvayur road from thrissur.At Kecheri,divert off the guruvayur road and join the nh17 at perumpilavu.Road is good.

Kozhikode-Batheri is just about ok,it might have broken up as well during the rains.Thamarasserry is in bad conditions at certain hair pin curves.Traffic is dense between kozhikode & batheri.Dont know of conditions beyond.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselLover (Post 2427614)

Well, unless you specifically want to touch 'Kalpetta-Mananthavady' short route for Virajpet from Kochi is: Kochi-calicut-Thalassery- Kuthuparambu-Iritty- Virajpet.
Roads must be good except the toll of monsoon...

Thanks Ranjit & Sunney. I am aware of the shortcut from Kecheri and will be taking it. We wanted to drive through Wayanad as we are planning a short stay at Mananthavady. What is the approximate total time required for the drive on this route? We wanted to get back at Ernakulam by 7 PM on Sunday. Can we make it if we start at around 9 AM from Coorg on Sunday morning?

NH17 between Uppala and Kumbla is in very bad shape for about 10+kms. Also Alleppy-Changanacherry AC Road is damaged as per a friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 2428154)
Also Alleppy-Changanacherry AC Road is damaged as per a friend.

Alleppy-Changanacherry is a bit damaged. Here's what it looked like 3 weeks back when I took this route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 2427643)
Take the NH47 to thrissur and then onto the guruvayur road from thrissur.At Kecheri,divert off the guruvayur road and join the nh17 at perumpilavu.Road is good.

Kozhikode-Batheri is just about ok,it might have broken up as well during the rains.Thamarasserry is in bad conditions at certain hair pin curves.Traffic is dense between kozhikode & batheri.Dont know of conditions beyond.

vythiri to bathery is in very bad condition at many places. Lot of pot holes are there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2428253)
Alleppy-Changanacherry is a bit damaged. Here's what it looked like 3 weeks back when I took this route.

Aleppy- Changanacherry road is fine now. Did that last weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpksuhas (Post 2428655)
Aleppy- Changanacherry road is fine now. Did that last weekend.

Are you sure? Now I am watching a news in TV about the bad condition of this newly done road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 2428659)
Are you sure? Now I am watching a news in TV about the bad condition of this newly done road.

Yes, I wont say it was great, however nothing to worry about. Apart from bridges where you should be careful since for some reason they have kept the span/ slab of bridges at a diffrent allignment compared to approach road. If you dont notice the same you may end up loosing your bumper :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselLover (Post 2428115)
Thanks Ranjit & Sunney. I am aware of the shortcut from Kecheri and will be taking it. We wanted to drive through Wayanad as we are planning a short stay at Mananthavady. What is the approximate total time required for the drive on this route? We wanted to get back at Ernakulam by 7 PM on Sunday. Can we make it if we start at around 9 AM from Coorg on Sunday morning?

You should be able to make it to Kochi by 7pm with a 9am start from coorg.If coming via nh212,then Batheri to thrissur would take around 5hours.1hour from there to ernakulam.if you are intending to come via koothaparamba-mahe,even then you should be able to make it to ekm by 7pm.Just pray that it doesnt rain:thumbs up

I drove from Bangalore to Guruvayur and back. Details in the below page.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2435728