Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 12:50   #2446
BHPian

re: All Roads to Kerala

Thanks to all.

Do i need to travel inside Bangalore city ie.., I stay in Hebbal, should i first reach Vijayanagar-raja rajeshwari Nagar and keep going straight so that i can get the link to Mysore road. Or is there any Ring road or something from Hebbal itself.

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th June 2011, 13:37   #2447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Thanks to all.

Do i need to travel inside Bangalore city ie.., I stay in Hebbal, should i first reach Vijayanagar-raja rajeshwari Nagar and keep going straight so that i can get the link to Mysore road. Or is there any Ring road or something from Hebbal itself.

Thanks in advance.
If you are leaving Hebbal early in the morning,then go through the city and reach Mysore road flyover at KR Market and from thereon it is one straight road.

Hebbal-Mekhri Circle-Sankey Road-Infantry Road-Right Turn-Vidhana Soundha-Cubbon Park-Corporation-Town Hall Signal-Right Turn-KR Market flyover-Mysore Road

If you are leaving during the day then take the outer ring road till the under construction Movenpick Hotel.Take a right at the junction followed by a left and continue on the ORR.

The third option is the NICE road,but you would have to travel further to get onto the NICE Road and getting onto the NICE road is a tricky affair.

If you are comfortable with the Vijaya Nagar-Basaveshwar Nagar route,then stick to that,it ends up on Mysore Road.
Old 28th June 2011, 13:49   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If you are leaving Hebbal early in the morning,then go through the city and reach Mysore road flyover at KR Market and from thereon it is one straight road.

Hebbal-Mekhri Circle-Sankey Road-Infantry Road-Right Turn-Vidhana Soundha-Cubbon Park-Corporation-Town Hall Signal-Right Turn-KR Market flyover-Mysore Road

If you are leaving during the day then take the outer ring road till the under construction Movenpick Hotel.Take a right at the junction followed by a left and continue on the ORR.

The third option is the NICE road,but you would have to travel further to get onto the NICE Road and getting onto the NICE road is a tricky affair.

If you are comfortable with the Vijaya Nagar-Basaveshwar Nagar route,then stick to that,it ends up on Mysore Road.

Thanks Ranjit- Yes i am very familiar with the KR Market flyover route and vijayanagar- raja rajeshwari nagar route which leads to Mysore road. I think i will try that only.
Old 28th June 2011, 13:50   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I guess the simplest route would be to come on Nh17 via Mangalore, Kasargod, Kannur, Kozhikode and turn off NH17 at Valancherry or Edappal.

A hard day's full-day drive, you have to navigate heavy traffic in Udupi-Mangalore-Kasargod and Kannur-Kozhikode sectors.
Thank you sir for that detail. how is the physical condition of the road consdiering the heavy rains in that part?

if trafic is the issue but roads are good, may be starting early, say by 3/4 am, might help cross some of the sections. your views pl
Old 28th June 2011, 14:38   #2450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
Thank you sir for that detail. how is the physical condition of the road consdiering the heavy rains in that part?

if trafic is the issue but roads are good, may be starting early, say by 3/4 am, might help cross some of the sections. your views pl
Too early to say, currently roads are good, but once the rains do their part, roads get affected in Mangalore-Kasargod sector and Edappal-Pattambi sector.
Old 28th June 2011, 15:40   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Too early to say, currently roads are good, but once the rains do their part, roads get affected in Mangalore-Kasargod sector and Edappal-Pattambi sector.
Just recently took this and hence can say that Thalipparamba-Valanchery is in good condition and mostly will remain so.

Instead of Edappal-Pattambi, I guess it is better to take Valanchery-Koppam-Pattambi route. Coming from north, instead of taking the right turn (of NH-17) at Valanchery junction, you need to go straight. I am assuming that you are not going to take the relatively new Valanchery bye-pass that helps you avoid the ghat-section just before the town.
Also, just FYI, the left turn at Valanchery junction here takes you to Perinthalmanna, I think right next to Thirumanthankunnu temple (Angadippuram) to be exact joining point with NH-213.
Old 29th June 2011, 07:39   #2452
BHPian

I am aware of the route to Ernakulam . I have travelled once in this below mentioned route.

Blr- Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri- Salem-Avinashi-CBE-Palakkad-Trissur-Ernakulam.

The above route is really excellent. Toll amount of approx 225/- attracts in this stretch.The distance is approx 600 kms.

I am aware of the alternative route but i do not know the exact route from Gudalur. Please some help me out in this regard.

Bangalore-Mysore-Nanjangud-Gundlupet-Gudalur-Nadukani
Old 29th June 2011, 09:05   #2453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am aware of the route to Ernakulam . I have travelled once in this below mentioned route.

Blr- Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri- Salem-Avinashi-CBE-Palakkad-Trissur-Ernakulam.

The above route is really excellent. Toll amount of approx 225/- attracts in this stretch.The distance is approx 600 kms.

I am aware of the alternative route but i do not know the exact route from Gudalur. Please some help me out in this regard.

From Gudalur, you can go to Nilambur & Palakkad or Pattambi/Trissur.
Old 29th June 2011, 09:29   #2454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Gudalur-Nadugani-Nilambur-Melattoor-Perinthalmanna-Pattambi-Shoranur-Wadakancherry-Trichur-Bypass-Enrnakulam

Gudalur, Tamil Nadu to Ernakulam, Kerala - Google Maps
Old 29th June 2011, 09:54   #2455
BHPian

Quote:

The above route is really excellent. Toll amount of approx 225/- attracts in this stretch.
Krishnagiri Toll revised to 50 now.. the total toll for the stretch is (barring E-city elevated toll) ~300/-
Old 29th June 2011, 10:42   #2456
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Gudalur-Nadugani-Nilambur-Melattoor-Perinthalmanna-Pattambi-Shoranur-Wadakancherry-Trichur-Bypass-Enrnakulam

A small correct to the route:

Gudalur-Nadugani-Nilambur-Kallikavu-Melattoor-Perinthalmanna-Pattambi-Shoranur-Wadakancherry-Trichur-Bypass-Enrnakulam

Sorry for the slip.

Old 29th June 2011, 11:17   #2457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
A small correct to the route:

Gudalur-Nadugani-Nilambur-Kallikavu-Melattoor-Perinthalmanna-Pattambi-Shoranur-Wadakancherry-Trichur-Bypass-Enrnakulam

Sorry for the slip.

Ampere,small corrections to your route map,it has taken the interior routes to thrissur.I have attached the correct route from Wadakancheri to Aluva below.

Quote:
From Gudalur, you can go to Nilambur & Palakkad or Pattambi/Trissur.
Quote:

Please bear in mind,this route has ghat sections till Nilambur.Also you bypass Thrissur town completely and join the NH47 at Kuttanelloor under the flyover just before the NH47 new toll gate.

Wadakanchery, Kerala to NH47, Aluva, Kerala - Google Maps
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 15:56   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Ampere,small corrections to your route map,it has taken the interior routes to thrissur.I have attached the correct route from Wadakancheri to Aluva below.

Please bear in mind,this route has ghat sections till Nilambur.Also you bypass Thrissur town completely and join the NH47 at Kuttanelloor under the flyover just before the NH47 new toll gate.

Wadakanchery, Kerala to NH47, Aluva, Kerala - Google Maps
Hi Ranjit

When coming from aluva, to take this route i dont have to take the flyover right?
Old 29th June 2011, 16:24   #2459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Hi Ranjit

When coming from aluva, to take this route i dont have to take the flyover right?
Thats right,as soon as you cross the non-operational toll(EKM-Palakkad direction) gate keep to your left and the flyover would come up in a short while.Go by the side of the flyover and take the only road that you see to your left.If lost,ask anybody for the Kutanelloor Road or the road to Jubilee Mission Medical College
Old 29th June 2011, 19:40   #2460
Distinguished - BHPian

Came back from Eranakulam to Sulthan Bathery two days before.

Took the left turn from Akkikavu till Keecheri, which bypassed Kunnamkulam. Saves ~6-7kms and a truck load of time. Highly recommended. Road is decent, though not of highway quality, no potholes.

Also, the road from kuttipuram to kunnamkulam is a big relief and time saver.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks