Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2024, 19:46   #1291
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries

Thanks ampere & krrisdrive. I will give Anekal - Kelamangalam - Rayakottai a shot then.
So the breakfast option here is at Thoppur? Any recommendations for a veg place?
Old 10th August 2024, 20:17   #1292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Thanks ampere & krrisdrive. I will give Anekal - Kelamangalam - Rayakottai a shot then.
So the breakfast option here is at Thoppur? Any recommendations for a veg place?
Yes. Thoppur A2B or Sai Sangeeth. Both are on the other side. In case you want to clear all hurdles and then break, look at options in Salem. Radisson, Asai Dosai, Estantia, Pallazio etc are few places.

Also note: Thally road from Hosur is also being widened. So you may see some diversions. But it's still worth taking this option to beat Atibele toll and Hosur highway.

Trivia: You will see the in-progress 844 work cutting through Thally road.

Last edited by ampere : 10th August 2024 at 20:22.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2024, 00:28   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
May be Anand Bhavan Delight near Omalur. Pl do double check.
krrisdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 10:52   #1294
BHPian

I will be taking this route tomorrow via Anekal - Rayakottai and see how it goes.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/KfAvvhwGRrhiy2VA7
Saisangeeth at Thoppur seems to be at least 3 hours from home, will be a good test of sustenance .
Old 15th August 2024, 14:48   #1295
BHPian

The restaurant is very good. Saisangeeth is one of my go to spots on this route.

Cheers
Old 18th August 2024, 20:36   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
I will be taking this route tomorrow via Anekal - Rayakottai and see how it goes.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/KfAvvhwGRrhiy2VA7
I did this route in reverse while coming back from CBE today. Roads are great till the Karnataka border, where it becomes clear why we pay the highest road tax . But I would still take this route again if expecting crazy crowds at Hosur and Attibele toll gates.
The biggest grouse today was a massive 40 minute jam at Thoppur due to a container lorry capsizing on the other side (towards Salem). The entire road on that side was blocked for clean up efforts, and all traffic had to share lanes on the side going to Dharmapuri. Maps did warn me of this pile up when I was still in Mettur, but there seems to be no other escape route from the horrible trap that part of the highway is.
Old 18th August 2024, 22:06   #1297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I did this route in reverse while coming back from CBE today. Roads are great till the Karnataka border, where it becomes clear why we pay the highest road tax . But I would still take this route again if expecting crazy crowds at Hosur and Attibele toll gates.
Where was the KA section bad? Usually I have seen TN border to Anekal is good. Anekal-Jigani-Bannergatta is good but for road around the lake which is single lane.

Only hitch here is the road condition within Anekal town.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks