Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2013, 11:40   #556
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Coimbatore round trip - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
http://www.nijagunaresidency.com

at Chamarajanagar. Thanks to Karthik for finding this.
My 2 cents on this place -

It is pretty decent as a family dining option with sprawling space, children play area, etc. But the food and service were a let down.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2013, 11:06   #557
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
My 2 cents on this place -

It is pretty decent as a family dining option with sprawling space, children play area, etc. But the food and service were a let down.
Thanks for that feedback.As you say, a place with decent parking, good rest rooms is the first priority. At least there is no a decent hotel on this highway.

But what I wonder is why they have chosen Chamarajanagar for this place?
Is it more like a city hotel which is used by highway folks?
Old 26th January 2013, 14:43   #558
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that feedback.As you say, a place with decent parking, good rest rooms is the first priority. At least there is no a decent hotel on this highway.

As others have mentioned, the food is just ok, nothing great, we stopped for breakfast once. But the place is big, good ambience, clean rest rooms and has a good play area for kids (the only one to offer all these on this route).
From what the folks at the reception told me, they cater mainly to tourists who wish to visit Bandipur, BR Hills, K Gudi, etc since this place is quite nicely located for visits. Also, the tariffs were not very high from what I remember, and rooms were good too (did a quick survey ).

Last edited by NPV : 26th January 2013 at 14:44. Reason: fixed typos
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 09:34   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
From what the folks at the reception told me, they cater mainly to tourists who wish to visit Bandipur, BR Hills, K Gudi, etc.
Tourism is one thing, the other is that Chamarajnagar and Kollegal are one of the important rice market hubs for South India. Wholesalers from all over come here to buy. Nijaguna also tries to capitalize on that potential as there has not been a single decent hotel in the area till date.
luvurride is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 12:58   #560
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to take NH209 from B'lore to CBE this weekend.

Can some one throw lights whether any Bharat Petroleum (BP) COCO pumps are available in NH209?

Thanks
-Ravi
Old 31st January 2013, 13:16   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I am planning to take NH209 from B'lore to CBE this weekend.

Can some one throw lights whether any Bharat Petroleum (BP) COCO pumps are available in NH209?
Can't recall seeing any COCO outlets on that route - not only that of BP but of any other company either.
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 13:29   #562
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Can't recall seeing any COCO outlets on that route - not only that of BP but of any other company either.

Are'nt there any decent ones even in Chamarajanagar? I though the town should have something decent. I remember we filled at Kollegal once. Dont remember which bunk was that. However it was decent.
Old 31st January 2013, 18:06   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are'nt there any decent ones even in Chamarajanagar? I though the town should have something decent. I remember we filled at Kollegal once. Dont remember which bunk was that. However it was decent.
Almost all towns (and many bigger villages) do have petrol bunks - but it's just that I don't recall seeing any Company owned/operated outlets. I have used some of these in the past, but generally fill up only small quantities since it is cheaper to tank up in Kerala - so don't know much about the reliability of any of these.
Old 1st February 2013, 07:48   #564
BHPian

Anyone took the Sathy-Anthiyur-Athaani-Mettur-Thoppur route recently?
How are the road conditions?
Old 1st February 2013, 08:37   #565
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Dont know about the Sathy-Mettur route status, but if you need to take this route, I would suggest : Sathy-Athani-Bhavani-Salem-Thoppur.
You get lots of 4-lane drive.

Mettur-Mecheri-Thoppur road is good, but expect lots of truck traffic.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:51   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I remember we filled at Kollegal once. Dont remember which bunk was that. However it was decent.
Was it a HP bunk just at the road junction where you take a right to CH Nagar?

Fuel quality was good there, but they tried the short fueling trick on me there.
Old 1st February 2013, 15:04   #567
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Was it a HP bunk just at the road junction where you take a right to CH Nagar?

Fuel quality was good there, but they tried the short fueling trick on me there.
I think it was a BP bunk. The location was very close to where the SH to Mettur exits. (Location)
Old 4th February 2013, 00:09   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
The route is actually Sathy-Athani-Anthiyur-Ammapettai-Mettur-Thoppur. I have traveled in this route almost 6 months back, but it was pretty neatly tarred. I do not expect much damages would've happened in the interim. So it should be good to try.
Old 5th February 2013, 09:51   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
The route is actually Sathy-Athani-Anthiyur-Ammapettai-Mettur-Thoppur. I have traveled in this route almost 6 months back, but it was pretty neatly tarred. I do not expect much damages would've happened in the interim. So it should be good to try.
Thanks - used to do this route almost every week for Coimbatore Chennai travel until I relocated 3 years back.

This time did the Annur- Avinashi route.Started from home in Gandhipuram coimbatore at 10:30 and reached HSR layout at 16:30.The roadwork beyond krishnagiri was such a pain.Hope they complete the work soon
Old 7th February 2013, 18:12   #570
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend did a trip to BLR-Coimbatore-Marudhamalai-Isha Dhyanalingam-Pollachi-TopSlip-Valparai-BLR.

Took NH209 from BLR-CBE. Was at Silkboard at 9 am in the morning and reached CBE Ganapathy Annapoorna restaurant at 2:45 pm, which included about 1 hour break for kid. Roads are good throughout and was surprised to see i got more mileage (2 kmpl) than what i usually get in 4L, mainly due to driving between 80 to 100 all throughout i guess. I actually expected lesser mileage due to ghat road driving, 2L and villages, but it was the other way.

Nijaguna residency in chamrajnagar is a good breakpoint with clean rest rooms.

In Pollachi, stayed in Sakthi Hotels (in Pollachi-Kovai main road itself) which had neat rooms with clean toilets, for a decent price that is affordable & not very expensive.
For veg food, tried Hotel Amutha surabi which is about 100 meters from Sakthi hotels and is very good. Also tried Hotel Gokul Krishna which is again another 100 meters from Amutha surabi ( where you take left towards palladam road) which is also decent enough.

Road condition from Pollachi-Sethumadai is good, but from sethu madai to TopSlip, roads are in very bad condition. Elephant safari in top slip is a very good experience, but it makes sense to go to top slip for night stay to see animals rather than in day time. May not be ideal for a family trip to stay overnight for few, due to lack of facilities, but in a forest, it is unreasonable to expect when you venture out to view wild life. Basic facilities are there, which is good enough.

Also visited masani amman temple in Anaimalai in return journey from top slip. They have renovated the temple well now.

Pollachi-Valparai are discussed in detail in Valparai thread, so i am not mentioning anything about it here in this thread.

-Ravi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks