Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2022, 09:14   #1381
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

As per an article, the toll on NCE road is to be hiked from tomorrow; i.e., July 01, 2022.

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20220630-9.10.49-am.jpeg
Old 30th June 2022, 10:12   #1382
Distinguished - BHPian

Name:  Screenshot 20220630 100820.jpg
Views: 3094
Size:  60.3 KB
Above is the table with all the changes of toll fees on NICE road for a private car.
So toll charges for all the segments have increased by ₹5/-. Exceptions are Magadi road to Mysuru road segment and Mysuru road to Clover Leaf junction/Sompura segment (not sure what is the reason for this).
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 10:15   #1383
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea when was the last toll increase done? Was it in 2019? Can they keep increasing the toll like this forever?

I remember paying Rs.120 from Link road to Hosur road. Later it was increased to Rs.135 which was in force till now.
Old 30th June 2022, 12:17   #1384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Any idea when was the last toll increase done? Was it in 2019? Can they keep increasing the toll like this forever?

I remember paying Rs.120 from Link road to Hosur road. Later it was increased to Rs.135 which was in force till now.
They claim it was done 5 years ago and also as a data point they claim the toll per km is lower than BETL (Hosur Road) Elevated tollway.
Details here: NICE Road toll hiked after a gap of five years - Link

Quote:
Further, the per-kilometre toll on NICE Road will be lower than that on the Electronics City elevated expressway, it added
Old 30th June 2022, 13:16   #1385
Senior - BHPian

The toll hike has to be approved by GOK, still the core issue of not providing a freeway as agreed on the PES link road to decongest city traffic and a complete stretch concrete road is pending.
Old 30th June 2022, 14:13   #1386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The toll hike has to be approved by GOK, still the core issue of not providing a freeway as agreed on the PES link road to decongest city traffic and a complete stretch concrete road is pending.
Where is this freeway supposed to come? I mean which two points in the city is this supposed to connect?
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 19:38   #1387
Senior - BHPian

The original agreement was to provide a freeway for vehicles going towards PES College exit point from any entry point along the NICE Road as it connected the Outer Ring Road. The toll too was supposed to be levied after concretising the complete stretch of NICE Road.

Last edited by deehunk : 30th June 2022 at 19:39.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 11:58   #1388
BHPian

As you already know Fasttag is enabled in all NICE road toll booths, however rightmost lane in Hosur road entry seems to be cash only (even though fasttag infra exists). Don't know if it happened that day only or it’s designed to inconvenience the Fasttag users (typically during evening, knowing people are returning to home would comply). I had to take ticket by paying cash. Fun part is there is also fasttag deduction at Bannerghata exit. Problem is I don't get ICICI message immediately. I knew there was deduction as, NICE road exists has LED sign says deduction of Rs. 40, even before ticket was scanned.

First I ask booth operator to money back. He refuses and ask me to call number which is on ticket. Now when you call number which is NICE road ticket, person tells you to go to fasttag tag provider to get money back rather than doing simple charge back. I have ICICI fasttag, which has option to upload receipt, but had 25 days turnaround time.

What worked faster for me was raising complaint in PG Portal. I raised a complaint against NHAI (I know NICE doesn't come under NHAI and a private operator), under "User Free/Toll Related". I got fasttag deduction charge back 2 days of raising fasttag deduction. Plus email from NICE road stating the same, along with apology for inconvenience (they have put cc to NHAI officials). I just thought members here can also benefit from this info. So if you in a situation like mine or toll mismatch in NICE road, simply rise a complaint in PG portal, mention nearest NH number near exit. NH officials are fast in resolving issue! My ICICI complaint still pending (more than 30days).
RaguHolla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 09:20   #1389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Attachment 2327217
Above is the table with all the changes of toll fees on NICE road for a private car.
So toll charges for all the segments have increased by ₹5/-. Exceptions are Magadi road to Mysuru road segment and Mysuru road to Clover Leaf junction/Sompura segment (not sure what is the reason for this).
Update 1: The above toll rates has been effected from this Monday, 01-Aug-2022. Please be aware

Update 2: After two days of rain over the weekend, NICE road gives it's users the experience of driving on Moon or Mars on Earth itself. Please be careful!

Update 3: The speed displays were always showing 199kph since they were installed. But since a week or so, they display correct speeds. Not sure when the police might start using that data to levy fines. Please be informed
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 09:36   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update 2: After two days of rain over the weekend, NICE road gives it's users the experience of driving on Moon or Mars on Earth itself. Please be careful!
This is after paying the highest toll cost per km in the entire country. Shows how indispensable the road is and how the authorities are milking the customers knowing their helplessness
Old 3rd August 2022, 09:51   #1391
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is after paying the highest toll cost per km in the entire country. Shows how indispensable the road is and how the authorities are milking the customers knowing their helplessness
@Sagar, regarding the larger problem - it is the contract. There is a running contract, and both - the state govt and Kheni know that the contract will not be extended. Since it will not be extended, Kheni has no plans to expand the road. Same goes for Hubli-Dharwad by-pass.

However, I do agree that the condition of at least the existing lanes must be maintained.
Old 3rd August 2022, 09:55   #1392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Sagar, regarding the larger problem - it is the contract. There is a running contract, and both - the state govt and Kheni know that the contract will not be extended. Since it will not be extended, Kheni has no plans to expand the road. Same goes for Hubli-Dharwad by-pass.

However, I do agree that the condition of at least the existing lanes must be maintained.
Till when is this contract? Who will own/maintain the road network after the contract?

No need to expand the road. They should maintain the road surface so that it is smooth and safe for all category of vehicles plying on it.

The Hubli-Dharward bypass is a different ballgame.
Old 3rd August 2022, 10:15   #1393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now the toll is ₹5.15 per km from Electronic city to Nelamangala
The Hosakerehalli to Sompura section is ₹6.15

I'm starting to wonder if the time and fuel savings is really worth it
Old 3rd August 2022, 15:54   #1394
BHPian

Quote:

I'm starting to wonder if the time and fuel savings is really worth it
I find it not worth. I totally avoid NICE road from Hosakerehalli and use the ring road - Tumkur road flyover if travelling towards Nelamangala; especially non office time/peak hours exit/entry from/to Bangalore. Apart from the high toll fees, the road quality too is not good.
kiran_aithal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 12:13   #1395
BHPian

Fellow BHPians, need help with fasttag and NICE road.

From past 3 months, my tag is shown as blacklisted in every NICE road entry. I have sufficient balance (in excess of Rs 300), thus its not low balance issue. At exit however barrier opens, even when tag is shown Blacklist. Taking ticket is problem as tag is always read at exit gate, and NICE road won't refund amount unless, you need to show SMS immediately. There is always lag in receiving SMS, and I think this is what NICE road wants to take advantage.

I have contacted NICE road helpline (99000 49013) multiple times. Half the time they ask toll operator to open barrier. Half the time they simply won't help. It depends on who is on the line.

Tag works as expected in any-other toll (maintained by NHAI). Issue always happens (irrespective of time of the day) only in NICE road entry (Tumkur/Bannergatta, Hosur road). E.g. It would have shown blacklist at Bannerghatta entry, however Tumkur exit its open barrier even when shows blacklist followed by Thank you message. All further tolls in Tumkur roard, Hassan road have no issue. This is how I know this is not issue with tag, but something with NICE road fasttag implementation itself.

Tag in question is from ICICI. I have raised multiple grievances with ICICI, and they always closed issue stating Tag was never blacklisted. Which is also correct, tag works as expected in all other toll on same day. Only other option is some way cover the tag, and only go with cash option. This is cumbersome, thus want to avoid as much as possible.

I have now raised a PG Portal complaint, and consumer helpline complaint. I would like to know, what could be done to solve the problem?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks