Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2022, 15:41   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I thought NICE road is a privately owned road? I have never seen any traffic police or interceptor on it in the last 10 years. How come now they are collecting challan on this private road?
I think even though its private road, BTP will have jurisdiction on the road as registered vehicles ply on that road. Its similar to gated communities where in the roads are open for public. I maybe wrong though and others in the know how more than me might add/correct me. But I do like them monitoring and hope they do it regularly and not to complete their monthly quota.
Old 25th February 2022, 15:46   #1367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Traffic cops collect Rs 1.3 lakh penalty on NICE Road

Read it here: https://www.deccanherald.com/city/to...d-1084561.html

I thought NICE road is a privately owned road? I have never seen any traffic police or interceptor on it in the last 10 years. How come now they are collecting challan on this private road?
I remember seeing a interceptor just after the bridge on Kanakapura road next to where the toll booth towards Bannerghata and Ecity is present, around 7 years ago. They were present in the morning during office hours for a week or so and were catching a good number of over speeding vehciles. After a week they vanished and never saw them again.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 21:24   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Used the NICE FASTag toll on 23rd. During the onward journey, the tag reader didn't read the tag at the entry. The operator had to manually scan it. The toll cost Rs. 65 and was deducted from the balance. For the return journey on the same day, no amount was deducted. Today I got a message that Rs. 15 is deducted. Has NICE started a discount for the return journey? Except for the 1st time, the rest of the time the tag reader read the tag without any problem.

FASTag has speeded up the toll collection. The only drawback I see is this was only place in Bangalore which accepted Re. 10 coins without question .

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th February 2022 at 21:33. Reason: typos
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 09:28   #1369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Has NICE started a discount for the return journey? .
Definitely no. I take NICE every day to and fro between Hoskerehalli entrance and Kanakapura road. Rs 65 is deducted each way.

Quote:
FASTag has speeded up the toll collection. The only drawback I see is this was only place in Bangalore which accepted Re. 10 coins without question .
Very true. We save average 5-8 minutes total every day now thanks to fastag now.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 09:28   #1370
Senior - BHPian

New Speed limit boards have come up on most of the stretch after Bannerghatta Junction. Interestingly you see speed difference of 20kmph within 100-300m at couple of junctions. The boards look fake and seems to have been installed for money making. I enquired at PES junction this morning, the guy said that it was for 2 wheelers. But yesterday morning even cars were stopped by Police.
Old 19th April 2022, 07:58   #1371
BHPian

When we exit Nice road towards Tumkur, i remember a toll plaza for nelmangala express way. Google maps shows this as closed now, is it?
W@SIM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 10:15   #1372
Senior - BHPian

The toll gate is literally not closed, it is now open without hurdles.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 10:24   #1373
BHPian

The interceptor was located just before Kanakapura Road junction (heading from Bannerghatta Road), last week. This resulted in previously speeding vehicles just slowing down and trying to hide between trucks to evade the cops.

Also, noticed 60kmph speed limit boards on perfectly clear downslopes on the NICE road; possible opening up locations for fund raising.

The speed limits should be kept uniform on the highway and not fluctuating, without any rhyme or reason.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 11:43   #1374
Senior - BHPian

The interceptors will soon lead to some serious accidents and cause the loss of innocent lives on NICE Road, wonder why the police cannot penalize the trucks occupying high-speed lanes on NICE Road.
Old 19th April 2022, 15:21   #1375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
The interceptor was located just before Kanakapura Road junction (heading from Bannerghatta Road), last week. This resulted in previously speeding vehicles just slowing down and trying to hide between trucks to evade the cops.
Noticed this two weekends back. While coming from Hosur road side, this is just at start of the exit of Kanakapura road. The interceptor was infact parked just at the start of the exit lane.

As mentioned by you, it was causing sudden slowing down of vehicles and also causing difficulty in changing lane to exit to Kanakapura road.
Old 19th April 2022, 15:53   #1376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The only drawback I see is this was only place in Bangalore which accepted Re. 10 coins without question .
And they used to give out 10 Re coins too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
The interceptor was located just before Kanakapura Road junction (heading from Bannerghatta Road), last week.
The interceptor has been there for at least a month now, from what I have heard. But 60kmph is not done. Are these clearly visible, at least ?
Uniform 80 at least, would still be fine.
Old 19th April 2022, 16:58   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
And they used to give out 10 Re coins too

The interceptor has been there for at least a month now, from what I have heard. But 60kmph is not done. Are these clearly visible, at least ?
Uniform 80 at least, would still be fine.
They are alternating between Kanakapura-Bannerghata and Kanakapura-Cloverleaf exits every other day now. There is a 60kmph speed limit signboard few hundred meters after Kakanapura entrance towards clover leaf and beyond this is where they are usually stationed. The stretch is a slight downhill so it is very very difficult to maintain 60kpmh there unless you are expecting them.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 23:14   #1378
Senior - BHPian

What is with NICE road all of a sudden. Several of my friends have said they have been fined in the past few days ranging a fine of 1000 to 2000 Rs. Has the authorities ran out of all the options for raising money and NICE road is the last resort or are they really concerned about the safety. Travelling on NICE road at 60-80kmph and interceptors on the way is equally dangerous looks like.
Old 23rd April 2022, 19:37   #1379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
They are alternating between Kanakapura-Bannerghata and Kanakapura-Cloverleaf exits every other day now. There is a 60kmph speed limit signboard few hundred meters after Kakanapura entrance towards clover leaf and beyond this is where they are usually stationed. The stretch is a slight downhill so it is very very difficult to maintain 60kpmh there unless you are expecting them.
Because I read this and the other posts, I was watchfull on the stretch when I drove today. They were stationed exactly at the point you mentioned.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 22:15   #1380
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^Additionally i counted that there are exactly TWO 60kmph speed limit boards on the Kanakapura-EC stretch and exactly ONE 60kmph on the EC-Kanakapura stretch. Our police are so good!!! I wish they use all this intelligence elsewhere also.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks