Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2020, 13:34   #1201
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

On the NECE road, while coming from Bhannerughatta road toward Electronic city, soon after we pass SNN Raj serenity, the median is filled up such that vehicles can join the other side of the road (but blocked by bags filled by debris). 3Kms later similar thing is done so that the vehicles can join back. I expect some construction work to start soon and this is a deviation to accommodate that. Any has any more details of what it is?
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 12:11   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
On the NECE road, while coming from Bhannerughatta road toward Electronic city, soon after we pass SNN Raj serenity, the median is filled up such that vehicles can join the other side of the road (but blocked by bags filled by debris).
I could see 4 such sections between Bannerughatta and ECity gates, unable to make a guess on the purpose.

Are they making similar areas in the other NICE stretches?
Old 10th March 2020, 06:40   #1203
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday evening more construction material and more reflector poles for barricading have been put up on the entire stretch from Electronic city till Bhannerughatta road. Also I saw many road rollers at EC gate. So some road construction/repair is on the cards. The 4 places where there were land fillings at median are to facilitate vehicle movement from one side to other. This means there will be work in between two of those. Like this Below image
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-screenshot_20200310063806_s-note.jpg

But what they're doing in between...i don't know. I'm guessing and hoping that they make it a 6 lane road with an additional lane on each side.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 12:24   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday evening more construction material and more reflector poles for barricading have been put up on the entire stretch from Electronic city till Bhannerughatta road. Also I saw many road rollers at EC gate. So some road construction/repair is on the cards. The 4 places where there were land fillings at median are to facilitate vehicle movement from one side to other. This means there will be work in between two of those. But what they're doing in between...i don't know. I'm guessing and hoping that they make it a 6 lane road with an additional lane on each side.
Your inference after connecting all the dots should be right, the purpose is to deviate traffic from one side to other. It might be the white topping of this stretch that might be on cards? Whatever be it, I hope they complete it quickly with minimum trouble to commuters
Old 10th March 2020, 18:57   #1205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Your inference after connecting all the dots should be right, the purpose is to deviate traffic from one side to other. It might be the white topping of this stretch that might be on cards? Whatever be it, I hope they complete it quickly with minimum trouble to commuters
When I returned home today, I saw that the last section towards the Hosuru road gate has already been barricaded. For people coming towards EC, only one lane and the unofficial lane (shoulder) is available

I received the below message on WhatsApp which is supposedly an email sent from NICE limited to Electronics City Industrial Township Authority (ELCITA) regarding this upcoming work.

3 months (and an additional 1 month buffer) will be bad traffic. The first few days will be the most difficult IMO.

Quote:
Sent: 10 March 2020 15:36
To: Lt Col T Siva Kumar (Retd) <cso@elcita.in>
Subject: Resurfacing of NICE Peripheral Road

Dear Sir,

We would like to bring it to your notice that, we will be resurfacing the NICE Peripheral Road between Hosur Road Toll to Tumkur Road Toll, the traffic would be disturbed for about 3 months as we will be diverting the traffic, the stretches of 2 km on one side would be fully cordoned off and traffic diverted onto opposite lane making temporary provision for two way traffic.

The work will commence from tomorrow morning,ie 11 March 2020, a trail run will be done today 10 March 2020 at 4:30pm between Hosur Road Toll and Banarghatta Toll.

Regards,

Mayukha Devangi. M
General Manager – Toll Operations

Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise Limited
#1, Midford House | Off. MG Road | Bangalore – 560 001
+91 80 2555 9819 | +91 96860 18826 | mayukha@nicelimited.com

Last edited by Sheel : 10th March 2020 at 19:55. Reason: Back to back posts.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 08:48   #1206
BHPian

UPDATE : Today's morning ride already started giving me the pain in the butt. As it is we know how safe NICE was to bikers it's just become a worse nightmare. With the toll operators taking their sweet time, to issue the tickets, to the exit! where operators open just one Gate most of the Times the wait time and blood boils have gone up! Not sure why and how can none of us can do anything about these goons.
PS : What a time to be in this part of the city where all sides are choked. From BTM to Bannerghatta and the super expensive toll road too.
Old 11th March 2020, 09:09   #1207
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on the asphalting work:
The first 2 kms of the road from Hosuru road direction has been blocked and vehicles are deviated onto the other side of the road. They move in a single lane while traffic coming towards Hosuru road get one lane (almost) and the shoulder lane.
Two cars can go side by side (one car's one wheel will slightly go off road). With a truck/bus things get slow and difficult. but since it's only around 2kms, it was still manageable. Things have got a bit more worse for two-wheelers. Some two wheelers were dangerously riding off-road. They've to stay in the middle of the lane to be safe. Otherwise cars will try to push them off the road.

For Day1, it was ok. I had expected bigger jams. Situation may still get worse later in the day (I drive on that section at around 07:45-08:00). Real situation will be known once people who drive around 09:00 come out with their experiences. More importantly in the evening, when the entire outgoing traffic has to merge into one single lane on the other side, we will come to know the real impact. I will update in the evening.
Old 11th March 2020, 09:21   #1208
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder why they are re-surfacing the stretch from hosur road towards bannerghata road. That stretch is in good shape without any potholes.

I hope they start fastag soon. Would ease some pain of waiting
Old 11th March 2020, 11:00   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Situation may still get worse later in the day (I drive on that section at around 07:45-08:00). Real situation will be known once people who drive around 09:00 come out with their experiences. More importantly in the evening, when the entire outgoing traffic has to merge into one single lane on the other side, we will come to know the real impact. I will update in the evening.
I drove through this around 9 am, vehicles were moving slowly in a queue, it was nothing to complain about.

Evening peak hours will be the real test, I am thinking about using alternate route
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 11:00   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I wonder why they are re-surfacing the stretch from hosur road towards bannerghata road. That stretch is in good shape without any potholes.

I hope they start fastag soon. Would ease some pain of waiting
They have started fixing equipment for fastag. Yesterday evening, I had a casual chat with the person giving tickets and he mentioned that they have plans of getting to fastag before the beginning of April.
deepakhon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 18:58   #1211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update on the asphalting work:
More importantly in the evening, when the entire outgoing traffic has to merge into one single lane on the other side, we will come to know the real impact. I will update in the evening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Evening peak hours will be the real test, I am thinking about using alternate route
Drove there around 17:45. It was quite ok. The funnel point where traffic was merging into a single lane was slow but steady. Traffic flow in those 2kms was also at a steady speed. After 2 kms, it was business as usual. I just hope they don't leave everyone free from the entry side (like they've done some days recently) because that'll cause more traffic and the funnel entry point and jams. The toll gate is like a dam and the outlet from that dam is steady and manageable.

As regards to the other side already around 500mts is freshly asphalted (looked flat and thick too) at this pace, the 2kms should be complete by this weekend.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 11th March 2020 at 18:59.
Old 12th March 2020, 19:59   #1212
Distinguished - BHPian

1km of asphalting completed as of today evening. The deviation for a second piece of 2km was being finished. Looking at the things...in two days, this newly asphalted section will be open to traffic and work on the second stretch will start IMO.

On the not so good side, I observed today morning that some of the poles kept as a lane dividers has fallen down and protruding and not easily visible during morning hours. Drivers have to be careful especially when there are two cars moving in parallel.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th March 2020 at 20:45. Reason: asphalsting > asphalting.
Old 13th March 2020, 09:07   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the not so good side, I observed today morning that some of the poles kept as a lane dividers has fallen down and protruding and not easily visible during morning hours. Drivers have to be careful especially when there are two cars moving in parallel.
Thanks for the updates. So, from what I understand, the work is being done for 2 kms-stretches at a time. Once this is finished, they are progressing to the next stretch of 2 kms. Is that correct?

Also, as regards other sections of Nice Road, e.g. if one is entering from Bannerghatta entry and exiting at, say, Mysore Road, are these sections as they were before? No construction on these stretches?
Old 13th March 2020, 09:17   #1214
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope they paint the lane separator before they throw open the newly asphalted stretch to traffic. Driving on fresh tarmac without the white lane demarcation is nightmare during night .
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 10:28   #1215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Thanks for the updates. So, from what I understand, the work is being done for 2 kms-stretches at a time. Once this is finished, they are progressing to the next stretch of 2 kms. Is that correct?
yes That's correct, at any point in time there will be one such section undergoing asphalting

Quote:
Also, as regards other sections of Nice Road, e.g. if one is entering from Bannerghatta entry and exiting at, say, Mysore Road, are these sections as they were before? No construction on these stretches?
As of today morning, No such sections seen beyond Bhannerughatta road towards Tumakuru road.

However one change I saw today was at Kanakapura road toll gate. There was tall fencing put up near the toll gate so that people don't enter the NICE road. All these junctions had become a pickup-drop point for cabs, car pooling, BMTC buses. It was a risky thing This is probably to avoid it. But at the same time it will be a big inconvenience too. IMO, NICE doesn't make alternate arrangements for a safe pickup-drop point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I hope they paint the lane separator before they throw open the newly asphalted stretch to traffic. Driving on fresh tarmac without the white lane demarcation is nightmare during night .
True. Since they've blocked the road entirely they'll do it I assume. Previously when they used to patch up without blocking the entire thing, they used to open up before painting and that used to be a big issue at night.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks