Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2019, 18:58   #1156
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I really doubt if there is any plan to implement Fasttag in NICE since NICE is a private entity.

I remember they mentioning dedicated lane and Tap&Go facility while I was purchasing the Nice EPay, wondering if these changes are related to that implementation
See this below post from sandsun7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Had been to NICE PES toll office yesterday morning to get an additional e-pay card. The official suggested not to get one as they are implementing fastag across all toll gates soon. He said they are expecting to implement by December 1st week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Yes, that's what I thought; but since this implementation is not straightforward compared to other NHAI toll booths, I am expecting some delays and initial hiccups during implementation of FASTag in NICE.
Hyderabad ORR has Fastag and hence this setup is not entirely new. But glitches will surely be there.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 11:37   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to a gentleman overseeing a NICE toll booth yesterday. He mentioned fasttag infra is being readied and will be running by Dec 1st.

Toll will be calculated and deducted at the exit gate
As per the new rule, cars that do not have fastag should pay double the charge.
What if a vehicle without fastag enters NICE toll booth?
Does that vehicle have to pay double the charge?
As it is, NICE toll charges are higher than NH tolls.
Old 26th November 2019, 11:46   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Came across below report in Bangalore Mirror dated 30th Sep, 2019. It has statement from NICE spokesperson on unconfirmed plans to implement Fastag. Rest of the report is about the potholes and other "Not so nice" part of NICE road.

The spokesperson also added,“With respect to exit and entry points at NICE junction, we are working on a solution which will allow commuters to move faster. We are working on the roads as well. We are coming up with technology-based systems like FASTags (electronic toll collection system) and Smartcard facilities. We are yet to make an official statement on that,” he added.

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/71365177.cms

Last edited by gadadhar : 26th November 2019 at 11:47.
Old 2nd December 2019, 09:00   #1159
Distinguished - BHPian

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/72314466.cms

Link to this report was being shared on Whatsapp over the weekend. But nothing so far on ground today morning. The toll booth operator told that it's Coming Soon! I'm guessing by Dec 15.
Old 2nd December 2019, 09:07   #1160

When asked yesterday, the toll- operator said that the FASTAG system will be functional by the 10th of this month.
Old 2nd December 2019, 09:56   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera006 View Post
When asked yesterday, the toll- operator said that the FASTAG system will be functional by the 10th of this month.
Oh that's a great news, it works seamlessly in Hyderabad ORR, Just that Fastag is read at entry and exit and deduct the toll. Will be huge relief for people traveling to electronic city through Nice road, see huge Q with 15-30 mins wait time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav V View Post
What if a vehicle without fastag enters NICE toll booth?
Does that vehicle have to pay double the charge?
As it is, NICE toll charges are higher than NH tolls.
Thats a good thing actually, so people will fear entering fastag lanes in Nice road, and go to single cash toll lane. Why would you want to enter fastag lane and fined double the amount? As there will be single Cash lane in any Toll for now.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd December 2019 at 10:47. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 2nd December 2019, 10:34   #1162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As per the new rule, cars .
Double payment, single lane for cash payment and all are NHAI guidelines. NICE need not follow that.
Old 3rd December 2019, 07:52   #1163
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

According to this news item, FasTag will also be supported by NICE in addition to other payment channels.
Source:Indian Express, Bangalore (City Express), Dec 3 2019

NICE introduces Digital Transaction Platform
Quote:
the NICE e-TMS allows for payment through FasTag, Tap Debit card or Credit Card and a prepaid RFID NICE Tap Card.
Old 3rd December 2019, 10:38   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
According to this news item, FasTag will also be supported by NICE in addition to other payment channels.
Source:Indian Express, Bangalore (City Express), Dec 3 2019
The only thing new is the mention of fastag support. The other modes of e-payment were already in place since a few months - NICE Epay and 'tap and pay' with contact less credit/debit cards. But for these methods, one has to still stop at the booth, take out cards, give it to the operator who then scans it, print and hand over the receipt. All this will take almost same amount of time as that of a cash transaction. Only advantage is there is no need to carry loose currency/change.
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:47   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Tap and pay was there earlier, but cash was deducted at the entry depending on the users choice of the exit gate. From the news report, new system seems to calculate and deduct the toll at the exit depending on which exit you swipe out. This I feel will make the process faster at entry and more time taking at the exit gates?

I was using my friends car yesterday that doesn't have the EPay. It seems the new system of scanning to the car make and registration is already in place. Process was very quick and the receipt had the complete registration details (they generally don't enter full details for cash payments)

Even for Epay, they used to enter the registration details manual till few months back. For last couple of months, it seems to have a process to pull the details online after the card is placed on the reader.

After enabling the Fastag, hope there is way to surrender the Epay cards (have 2 of them) and get a refund of the balance including the deposit (remember as INR 100 per card).

Last edited by gadadhar : 3rd December 2019 at 11:58.
Old 3rd December 2019, 12:36   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
I think this rule is misinterpreted - vehicles without fastag will have a separate queue and there is no excess fee charged if that's followed. However a vehicle if enters a fastag lane (which most of them would be converted to by Dec 15th) without a fastag, then there is a double fee charged. That actually makes sense. I read about this in some papers and came across some online content.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...036495830.html
Old 6th December 2019, 20:02   #1167
Distinguished - BHPian

Got scammed at Link road toll plaza :(

Today morning had a unfortunate incident at the PES toll. I was talking on phone when my turn came to pay the toll and i handed over my debit card. The toll operator asked me to enter the pin. I did so and he took back the POS machine. After a few moments said that the card is declined. All this while i was talking on the phone. So, i paid the amount by cash. Later , once i reached work, i checked my phone message and saw that i have the toll amount debited from my card! And the time stamp of the message matched with the time i passed the toll plaza. The toll guy pocketed my toll amount. I think since i was busy on phone he targeted me.

On the return , I paid by card once again and this time i held the POS machine in my hand till the transaction went through. Once the machine started printing , i handed it back to the toll operator. I suggest everyone follow this approach if paying by debit or credit card.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 6th December 2019 at 20:04.
sagarpadaki is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 22:03   #1168
BHPian

Re: Got scammed at Link road toll plaza :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Today morning had a unfortunate incident at the PES toll. I was talking on phone when my turn came to pay the toll and i handed over my debit card. The toll operator asked me to enter the pin. I did so and he took back the POS machine. After a few moments said that the card is declined. All this while i was talking on the phone. So, i paid the amount by cash. Later , once i reached work, i checked my phone message and saw that i have the toll amount debited from my card! And the time stamp of the message matched with the time i passed the toll plaza. The toll guy pocketed my toll amount. I think since i was busy on phone .
Thanks for the heads up.

If you still have the cash paid receipt( does it have vehicle reg number?), try complaining with the proofs. It is because people dont complain that these crooks get emboldened.

Why does it feel like people try to scam at a slightest opportunity in Bangalore (could be true for other metros also)?
Old 6th December 2019, 22:11   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Thanks for the heads up.

If you still have the cash paid receipt( does it have vehicle reg number?), try complaining with the proofs. It is because people dont complain that these crooks get emboldened.

Why does it feel like people try to scam at a slightest opportunity in Bangalore (could be true for other metros also)?
Yes, you can complain about the transaction, I have managed to get the refund through fastag. You should have the original receipt to raise a complaint.

Given that NICE itself is a scam, can't be optimistic about the kind of people they employ.
Old 7th December 2019, 15:11   #1170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Thanks for the heads up.

I do have the receipt but i have no way to prove that i have also paid by card since the SMS does not state the point of sale.

I called the helpline number and they had a very laid back attitude and blamed me of not complaining to them immediately . Will be careful from henceforth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks