Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2019, 11:36   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I was happy when i read this message, unfortunately when i tried to recharge the toll using Paytm it still shows a convenience fee. The Debit card is the lowest at 0.35%

Attachment 1841099
I verified my NICE account and Paytm accounts, there is no additional amount adjusted anywhere in the form of a convenience fee. Only INR 500 is taken from the Paytm wallet and and INR 500 is added to the NICE Balance.

I did recharge from the Laptop browser and not through the Mobile App, that might be making the difference is what I'm thinking no. Both the Apps might not be in Sync, it might become no charge in both the places OR charged at both the places once it gets synced up.
Old 31st January 2019, 08:59   #1127
Distinguished - BHPian

A truck has crashed into the barrier on the loop of nice road exit on Hosur Road just after the where the BETL crosses overhead. Jam has already extended to beyond the toll plaza exit. Avoid ECity Exit today
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 10:27   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Stray Dog(s) damage a Renault Kwid's front bumper (that part isnt captured on cam).

I had a close shave yesterday evening, a bunch of strays decided to play around on a stretch of Nice Road, 3 had crossed my car's path before I could come to a stop, sadly the 4th dog which was left behind a few feet from the first pack went under a Renault kwid (may be it died I dont know, but the bumper took a bad hit).
Old 16th May 2019, 18:21   #1129
Senior - BHPian

If I hit nice road at electronic city at 3:00 pm on saturday, how long will it take for me to reach T.Dasarahalli Metro train station on Tumkur road? I would be commuting in a Nexon.

Also - is there speed check guns/radar on NICE road?
Old 16th May 2019, 18:55   #1130
Senior - BHPian

There are no speed checks but there will be normal traffic at this time on NICE Road. It will take you roughly one hour to reach the Metro station.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 17:34   #1131
BHPian

Hi Folks,

A little different query, friend is traveling from Mumbai to Bangalore on bus and have to reach electronic city. Do you know if any BMTC bus or private transport available from NICE road, Tumkur junction to electronic city nice toll? Any other better way to travel from these two points through NICE road?

Regards
SE
Old 28th May 2019, 17:36   #1132
BHPian

Don't think government buses take NICE road. Best option would be to take Ola/Uber.
Old 28th May 2019, 17:39   #1133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_edge View Post
Hi Folks,

A little different query, friend is traveling from Mumbai to Bangalore on bus and have to reach electronic city. Do you know if any BMTC bus or private transport available from NICE road, Tumkur junction to electronic city nice toll? Any other better way to travel from these two points through NICE road?

Regards
SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
Don't think government buses take NICE road. Best option would be to take Ola/Uber.
BMTC has regular services, especially mornings and evenings via NICE Road from many part of the city. A lot of my colleagues use this to reach EC on everyday basis.

There is one service that starts from Vidyaranyapura and another from Yeshwantpura. I am not sure if these take NICE right from Tumkur road or enter NICE at PESIT/Link Road. However, rest of the BMTC Services (Special services via NICE) enter from PESIT and these also include Volvos.

Ask your friend to take a cab from Goreguntepalya till PESIT Junction (NICE Road is right below here) and then get into any of these buses to reach EC. This will enable him to board a bus with more frequency at this place than Tumkur road.

This advise is strictly on the basis of the requirement that he has to travel by Bus. Or else, Uber or OLA will also take NICE road to reach EC if boarded from anywhere on Tumkur Road as that is the fastest route.

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th May 2019 at 17:46.
Old 29th May 2019, 10:20   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This advise is strictly on the basis of the requirement that he has to travel by Bus. Or else, Uber or OLA will also take NICE road to reach EC if boarded from anywhere on Tumkur Road as that is the fastest route.
Thanks! Was looking for direct options only. Seems there are few but frequency is sparse. Also, to travel to other bus stop to catch BMTC is not worth the pain. For now Ola, Uber

However, BMTC should add buses with good frequency as I always see people at the entry of NICE waiting for lift. Bus can definitely add to the convenience of the people on these very important connecting roads. Mysore road <-> EC and Tumkur<->EC route can definitely find multiple takers if frequency is guaranteed.

Regards
SE
Old 29th May 2019, 11:22   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_edge View Post
Thanks! Was looking for direct options only. Seems there are few but frequency is sparse.
SE
3 Volvo buses reach PESIT entrance of NICE at 8.45, 9.00 and 9.10 AM everyday. All 3 reach Electronic City in 35 mins.
And, I would still say that the option of taking a bus from PESIT to EC is cheaper than taking a cab.
Volvo bus costs ~120 INR whereas Ola/Uber would cost around ~400 + 135 INR of NICE toll fee.

Last edited by autospeaker : 29th May 2019 at 11:25. Reason: Typo correction
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 11:39   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
3 Volvo buses reach PESIT entrance of NICE at 8.45, 9.00 and 9.10 AM everyday. All 3 reach Electronic City in 35 mins.
And, I would still say that the option of taking a bus from PESIT to EC is cheaper than taking a cab.
Volvo bus costs ~120 INR whereas Ola/Uber would cost around ~400 + 135 INR of NICE toll fee.
Thanks autospeaker! Definitely this is better for those traveling from PESIT side and can align their timings. I was more looking from Tumkur nice road junction to EC.

Regards
SE
Old 29th May 2019, 12:25   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
There is one service that starts from Vidyaranyapura and another from Yeshwantpura. I am not sure if these take NICE right from Tumkur road or enter NICE at PESIT/Link Road. However, rest of the BMTC Services (Special services via NICE) enter from PESIT and these also include Volvos.
Yes sir, both of these take the NICE right from Tumkur Road.

NICE 7 starts from Vidyaranyapura and ends at Wipro Gate
NICE 7A starts from MS Palya and ends at Wipro Gate.

Both these run only on weekdays and have a pickup at Madavara (NICE Tumkur Road toll).
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 17:47   #1138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
a bunch of strays decided to play around on a stretch of Nice Road, 3 had crossed my car's path
During last weekend noticed few cows near cloverleaf interchange, similarly there was another herd towards Hoskarahalli toll booth.

Today saw a herd near Hosur road toll too, hope it does not turn in to another accident.
Old 15th November 2019, 07:43   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Had been to NICE PES toll office yesterday morning to get an additional e-pay card. The official suggested not to get one as they are implementing fastag across all toll gates soon. He said they are expecting to implement by December 1st week.
sandsun7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 08:10   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Had been to NICE PES toll office yesterday morning to get an additional e-pay card. The official suggested not to get one as they are implementing fastag across all toll gates soon. He said they are expecting to implement by December 1st week.
This is a welcome move. I had got the e-pay card but it was becoming a pain to maintain balance in multiple places. Making Fastag universal makes a lot of sense - lets hope they do it soon.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks