Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 06:18   #1021
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

I was told that along with the form, we are required to submit RC copy. That's what I was told when I collected the form. I plan to do it this weekend
Old 8th February 2018, 20:51   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I was told that along with the form, we are required to submit RC copy. That's what I was told when I collected the form. I plan to do it this weekend
i re-verified this RC copy thing in 2 places: BG road entry and Hosur road exit. Both places they asked me to email only the completed form and no need of RC copy or any other document. Can't personally vouch on that info. though. Just yesterday i have emailed them only completed application form without any supporting document(s). Lets see what it comes up with. One of toll operator also told me once they receive the form i emailed i will receive confirmation/status message on my mobile. Fingers crossed!
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 09:34   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Submitted the form yesterday evening at Hoskerehalli toll. They did not ask for RC copy or any other document. Said that I would be intimated upon registration through SMS/Call.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 14:34   #1024
BHPian

Hello Guys - Any more updates on e-pay? Did anyone get confirmation SMS after submitting the completed form? I emailed them the form around a week back and I am yet to get any confirmation.
Today morning i checked with a toll operator at BG road entry and he asked me to call their customer support to follow up
Old 14th February 2018, 22:02   #1025
BHPian

Firstly, the all the money I'd loaded in my MoMo wallet was refunded to a bank account of my choice.

Nowadays, gathering exact change before starting for office and back has turned into a pain. I don't know why they cannot enable FasTag?!

It's a shame we need to go fill up forms, furnish documents and what not!!
Old 15th February 2018, 06:27   #1026
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Hello Guys - Any more updates on e-pay? Did anyone get confirmation SMS after submitting the completed form? I emailed them the form around a week back and I am yet to get any confirmation.
Today morning i checked with a toll operator at BG road entry and he asked me to call their customer support to follow up
Same case. Mailed them the online form with RC copy (it was in the instructions) on Saturday. Toll guy has no info.
Till further developments it's cash or card for me.
Old 15th February 2018, 11:38   #1027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Same case. Mailed them the online form with RC copy (it was in the instructions) on Saturday. Toll guy has no info.
Till further developments it's cash or card for me.
And we are talking about NICE here .

So I will wait for your folks to update on the developments now. Its been almost 3 weeks I haven't been that side as I am working from home but the last few times I drove, even though paying by cash was not unusual (since we paid cash earlier anyway), the instant realization that how Momoe wallet was do useful, fast & efficient added to the frustration.

Usually not a cash person that these days before leaving back, I check my wallet for the cash to pay at NICE like good old days.
Old 15th February 2018, 14:53   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Hello Guys - Any more updates on e-pay? Did anyone get confirmation SMS after submitting the completed form?
No updates in my case too. No SMS, No email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post

Nowadays, gathering exact change before starting for office and back has turned into a pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
A
Usually not a cash person that these days before leaving back, I check my wallet for the cash to pay at NICE like good old days.
The toll amount not being a full round figure doesn't help either. As in my case, it is Rs. 65 one way and there is always an issue for Rs. 5 change.
I am making an assortment of the chocolates that I have been getting in lieu of the 2/1 Rs coins change. Planning to pay the entire toll one day with chocolates
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 15:05   #1029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The toll amount not being a full round figure doesn't help either. As in my case, it is Rs. 65 one way and there is always an issue for Rs. 5 change.
Oh yes. Same with me as well. Its 135/-.

But then, I haven't had to drive more than 5-6 times ever since Momoe was stopped and I recollect 2-3 occasions I was handed over toffees that I merrily accepted since that would give me company till the next 20 minutes anyway .

Quote:
I am making an assortment of the chocolates that I have been getting in lieu of the 2/1 Rs coins change. Planning to pay the entire toll one day with chocolates
LOL, All the best with that and the day you do this, please record it so that it goes viral like one guy in Kerala did by paying the entire toll with 50Ps and 1Re coins.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 17:08   #1030
Distinguished - BHPian

I've not used Momoe. So this delay is not so frustrating. But, I'm not a cash guy . with NFC pay options in the phone, I recently reduced the number of credit cards too in the wallet.

For NICE however, After the toll amount was rounded in the last revision, Since my toll is 70Rs, I went to a bank and brought home bundles of 50s and 20s and using that since. It was the fastest mode of payment. However last week, the boy giving the ticket using the handheld machine at EC toll gate pulled a quick one on me. He took 70 from me and gave a ticket for 40. I should've been careful but wasn't because it's a daily affair. At the exit, they stopped and asked to pay the difference amount. I had lots of time that day. So without any worry about time, I argued with them for a good 15 minutes and finally come out. After this episode, I'm really careful with these buggers.

With this experience, want to move to the Tonetag option.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 17:58   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
with NFC pay options in the phone, I recently reduced the number of credit cards too in the wallet.
What NFC pay options are usable and working in India? Please let me know (perhaps appropriate for another or dedicated thread).
Old 15th February 2018, 18:16   #1032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since my toll is 70Rs, I went to a bank and brought home bundles of 50s and 20s and using that since.

This is indeed nice Hemant! Makes it so easy to hand over just 50+20 and say give me the receipt and even not confuse the toll guy on what exit you are ideally looking for!
Quote:
It was the fastest mode of payment.
Momoe too was because It used to take less than 5 seconds for the guy to take the print and have over the receipt whenever I said "Link Road, Momoe".
Quote:
With this experience, want to move to the Tonetag option.
Looking forward to it. I am sure with my commute drastically reducing to EC (rather office), I will get to hear from one of you folks on this ToneTag experience and then take the plunge.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 19:20   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Do not consume/give this chocolates to kids. Once I had it, and the crown on one of my teeth broke!

If they give me these chocs, I usually hide them in driver's door and give them the same next time. Have done this a lot and they accept it without any hesitation.

Last edited by autospeaker : 15th February 2018 at 19:22.
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 21:11   #1034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

This is indeed nice Hemant! Makes it so easy to hand over just 50+20 and say give me the receipt and even not confuse the toll guy on what exit you are ideally looking for!
i actually don't even speak. Hand over 2 notes, take receipt and move.
Let me see how Tonetag operates will update here.
The best is he accepts Fasttag but I'm sure that's the last thing to expect from NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
What NFC pay options are usable and working in India? Please let me know (perhaps appropriate for another or dedicated thread).
Almost all card swiping machines are NFC enabled. Where there is No NFC, MST Will definitely work. So basically, i don't have to take my cards with me. I have used only my phone with Samsung Pay since 6 months. And now with my Recent Gear S3, I use my watch to pay on any card swiping machine. Initially the phone payment itself got some eyeballs to pop. But now it's more common. Watch gets more people excited now. Some shopkeepers have also got scared like I'm some hi-fi hacker
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 07:45   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Almost all card swiping machines are NFC enabled. Where there is No NFC, MST Will definitely work. So basically, i don't have to take my cards with me. I have used only my phone with Samsung Pay since 6 months. And now with my Recent Gear S3, I use my watch to pay on any card swiping machine.
This is all news to me. I too recently got an LG Watch Sport which came with Android Pay pre-installed, but when I tried to install it on my phone Play Store told me that India is not supported yet for Android Pay. How exactly did you get it all to work?

Also among the list of banks (https://www.android.com/pay/participating-banks/) I couldn't find any Indian ones - though my card issuer - Citibank - is present. Which bank are you using with Android Pay?

If you are using NFC payments but not Android Pay, please let me know about that too. [Edit: Is Samsung Pay the app for NFC payments without going through Android Pay?]

Last edited by binand : 16th February 2018 at 07:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks