Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2011, 15:21   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Thanks Amp, I wouldn't go through the city given the fact that I don't know about the city roads past MG Road (have lived in South Bangalore and explored the South and East most, not much of the North and West) and it going to be on a Saturday. So dont mind paying the premium for NICE and getting back on Tumkur road towards Yeshwantpur if it saves me some traffic hassles. The only source of concern i had was the NICE connectivity at BG Road i enquired about.
Old 28th March 2011, 15:49   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
The only source of concern i had was the NICE connectivity at BG Road i enquired about.
There is nothing to worry. It is all done up and well regulated.
Old 15th May 2011, 22:55   #693
BHPian

Was coming back from Davangere to Bangalore today. I missed the Nice road deviation from the Nelmangala Express way

I was used to seeing the Nice road all lit up with striking blue and green lights previously and that's how i used to recognize it from a far off distance and slow down for the deviation. They have turned off the lights now. I never bothered looking out for the deviation since i used to just look out for the lights after i enter the nelmangala express way.

I overshot the deviation by 50 meters and i had no way back. Had to drive through the city to reach Jayanagar!

OT : Those 7 lanes on the toll booths after Tumkur towards bangalore (totally 3 including the nelmangala express way toll)are just aint sufficient to handle Sunday night traffic! They have to make more lanes or make the process of giving the ticket faster. Was struck in one of the toll booths for close to 20 mins. Irritating.
Old 15th May 2011, 23:02   #694
Team-BHP Support

A GPS can help at such places. If the locations are spot on the map, then one can hope to find the right exits at the right places.
Old 15th May 2011, 23:14   #695
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Was coming back from Davangere to Bangalore today. I missed the Nice road deviation from the Nelmangala Express way

I was used to seeing the Nice road all lit up with striking blue and green lights previously and that's how i used to recognize it from a far off distance and slow down for the deviation. They have turned off the lights now. I never bothered looking out for the deviation since i used to just look out for the lights after i enter the nelmangala express way.

I overshot the deviation by 50 meters and i had no way back. Had to drive through the city to reach Jayanagar!
I guess this has been the case for quite some time.

I missed the NICE road entry in April; and ended up coming thru' the city.

Luckily it was 2330 on a weekday so there was not much of traffic in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
A GPS can help at such places. If the locations are spot on the map, then one can hope to find the right exits at the right places.
Your GPS may not always be right - Times Of India

Was just glancing thru' this when I read your post.
Old 16th May 2011, 00:49   #696
Team-BHP Support

Issue is when folks who dont perform the basic homework for the route details/high level summary of the place. One can be a complete slave to what machine says.

I guess the IBM Pollyanna principle aptly summarises it all!

Machine should work and people should think!

Sorry for that OT.
Old 16th May 2011, 15:05   #697
Senior - BHPian

Why isnt the NICE road being connected to Hosur Road froM Bannerghatta road?It is such a mess out there,driving through those residential colonies.:(.Any reasons for the holdup?Its been like that for more than a year now.
Old 16th May 2011, 15:16   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Why isnt the NICE road being connected to Hosur Road froM Bannerghatta road?It is such a mess out there,driving through those residential colonies.:(.Any reasons for the holdup?Its been like that for more than a year now.
Ranjit, though the NICE road isn't connected using an overbridge over Bannerghatta Road but the deviation one takes to join back the NICE corridor isnt that bad that one needs to travel through the residential colonies. Not sure what you are mentioning here. See previous posts and you'll know that its way better now.

Time taken to get out of NICE from one section (Whether BG Road side or Hosur Road side) and back to NICE again takes a mere 2 minutes or even lesser when the traffic is sparse.
Old 16th May 2011, 15:20   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Ranjit, though the NICE road isn't connected using an overbridge over Bannerghatta Road but the deviation one takes to join back the NICE corridor isnt that bad that one needs to travel through the residential colonies. Not sure what you are mentioning here. See previous posts and you'll know that its way better now.

Time taken to get out of NICE from one section (Whether BG Road side or Hosur Road side) and back to NICE again takes a mere 2 minutes or even lesser when the traffic is sparse.
Thanx Parag.I just did the route last Saturday and it was a mess(ofcourse peak hour traffic must be the reason as I was there around 5pm)and plus once you are inside the colony,there are just no signs available.You are true on the case during times of sparse traffic,problem was there was a long line of traffic and an equal amount of oncoming traffic.Not sure if there is a different route,but this is the one going behind Podar school etc.
Old 16th May 2011, 15:41   #700
Team-BHP Support

Its very well done. Every thing sorted out. Just the time being taken is over bridge to get constructed over Bannerghatta road.
Old 16th May 2011, 16:36   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Thanx Parag.I just did the route last Saturday and it was a mess(ofcourse peak hour traffic must be the reason as I was there around 5pm)and plus once you are inside the colony,there are just no signs available.You are true on the case during times of sparse traffic,problem was there was a long line of traffic and an equal amount of oncoming traffic.Not sure if there is a different route,but this is the one going behind Podar school etc.
Sorry but I still dont get it when you refer to 'Colony' here. May be you took a different route since the present route has proper signboard indicating various destinations.

I am reposting the sketch what I had put long back on this same thread.
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-gottigere.jpg

Hope you took the same deviation as above.
Old 16th May 2011, 16:44   #702
Senior - BHPian

Thanx Parag for the sketch,but your sketch looks different from the way the traffic was diverted the other day(infact last year around the same time too I took the same route I took last week),the left from BG road is as per the sketch,but after that traffic was diverted onto the bylanes of a colony and the traffic rejoined from the left side and not from the right as shown.Anywys thanks for the sketch.Cheers
Old 16th May 2011, 18:29   #703
Team-BHP Support

Ranjit,

That is how, it has been for quite some time now. No issues at all for crossing.
Old 16th May 2011, 20:31   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Ranjit,

That is how, it has been for quite some time now. No issues at all for crossing.
Right. Had taken this route many times too. But, also heard that at times, they block the ramp from Bannerghatta road to the NICE road (towards Hosur road) to allow parking of the big vehicles that carry construction materials for the overbridge above Bannerghatta road. And for some reason, the slope/curve on this ramp is causing some big vehicles to have some break-down which also cause blocking of this entry for quite sometime. Had also seen/heard this issue a few times.
Old 18th May 2011, 10:17   #705
Team-BHP Support

Here's some bad news folks. Just read an article in Bangalore Mirror; the Govt. has approved a 10% hike in the toll.

Hosur rd - Banerghetta rd : Rs. 30
Banerghetta rd - Kanakpura rd : Rs. 23
Magadi rd - Mysore rd : Rs. 33
Magadi rd - Tumkur rd : Rs. 25

How's that for a "NICE" road?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks