Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2011, 11:49   #661
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

I dont prefer NICE road anymore (For travelling from JP Nagar - Kanakpura - Mysore Road).

1) Its not worth paying for it. (Toll is too much for such a small stretch).
2) 'NO' thanks to 'Namma Metro' work, due to which whole Kanakpura Road / signal is dugged up.
Old 10th January 2011, 12:19   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Back to the more fundamental question: What about the actual Bangalore-Mysore NICE road status?

Over coffee-table discussions, with friends and folks I heard that the actual road is about 80-90% complete. Where they are getting stuck is the entry point to Mysore.
But I have not read anything about this. Has any one heard/read anything about this?
I don't think they have even started it. All they have done is the peripheral roads around Bengaluru. They expect it to be done within a year and half if lands were given.
Old 10th January 2011, 13:58   #663
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
I dont prefer NICE road anymore (For travelling from JP Nagar - Kanakpura - Mysore Road).

2) 'NO' thanks to 'Namma Metro' work, due to which whole Kanakpura Road / signal is dugged up.
You could take the Banerghetta road entry; it is still better.
Of course, during peak hours, the traffic builds up.

But yes, the toll is unnecessarily high.
Old 11th January 2011, 11:09   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Actually typing in the forum won't be of any use imporve the quality. I suggest visit NICE office and give your feedback.
You are right. I have been writing to them through email & ofcourse without any response from them.

The idea of visiting NICE office is good, but a visit with a group with make an impact instead of only one person visiting. i have many friends using NICE everyday. Let me see what i can do about this.
Old 11th January 2011, 22:17   #665

Hi: I am travelling to Chikmagalur from Chennai next week, I propose to take NICE Road at Electronics City (while coming in from Hosur), and exiting out at Magadi Road, as suggested by several others on this forum. However I had done this route (Electronics City to Mysore Rd) on NICE Rd last year, but had a horrible experience at the Gottigere detour, got stuck for over an hour in an traffic jam, on that horrible stretch. So now, as I understand, the picture is that the long bumpy detour is now only a small diversion, am I correct? Will be grateful for any advise on this. Thanks.
Old 11th January 2011, 22:54   #666
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekharr View Post
Hi: I am travelling to Chikmagalur from Chennai next week, I propose to take NICE Road at Electronics City (while coming in from Hosur), and exiting out at Magadi Road, as suggested by several others on this forum. However I had done this route (Electronics City to Mysore Rd) on NICE Rd last year, but had a horrible experience at the Gottigere detour, got stuck for over an hour in an traffic jam, on that horrible stretch. So now, as I understand, the picture is that the long bumpy detour is now only a small diversion, am I correct? Will be grateful for any advise on this. Thanks.
Its all gone. As you said, its smooth road but one diversion and you are on to the next toll booth. Its very smooth and nothing to worry about.
Old 11th January 2011, 23:07   #667
BHPian

How to reac NICE road when driving from Chennai towards Mumbai

Hi Guys

I am planning to drive down from chennai to mumbai in a couple of days.

I want help in knowing how to access NICE road when I am driving in from Chennai.

I know how to reach the elevated toll road.So,do I take the elevated toll road or do i not take this or does the NICE road come before/i need to take a detour somewhere?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 12th January 2011, 00:13   #668
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to reac NICE road when driving from Chennai towards Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Hi Guys

I am planning to drive down from chennai to mumbai in a couple of days.

I want help in knowing how to access NICE road when I am driving in from Chennai.

I know how to reach the elevated toll road.So,do I take the elevated toll road or do i not take this or does the NICE road come before/i need to take a detour somewhere?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
No you should not get on to the elevated toll road, but instead continue on the road below for another 1 km or so and then move on to the service road in order to get on to the NICE road. (I'm not sure whether there's a marking at the place where you need to get on to the service road - can someone clarify ?)
Old 12th January 2011, 10:29   #669
BHPian

Re: How to reac NICE road when driving from Chennai towards Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Hi Guys

Once you get near to Electronic City, you will see toll booths to enter elevated road. DONT go thru the toll booth. Just next to the toll road, a road goes below the elevated road, take that. You will see all the city (BMTC) buses taking this road, just follow them. After 1-2 kms, you will see a small sign board pointing towards Mysore/NICE road. Take the service road/ramp on the left, which leads you to NICE road, and invites you with the toll booths.
Old 12th January 2011, 11:36   #670

Hi

I stay close to Magadi Road. Can I take the NICE road to reach Hosur Road. Also which side should i go?
Magadi-Kanakapura-Hosur Road or Magadi-Tumkur-Devanalli Side-Hosur Road.
Old 12th January 2011, 11:57   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmaddy View Post
Hi

I stay close to Magadi Road. Can I take the NICE road to reach Hosur Road. Also which side should i go?
Take Magadi-Kanakapura-Bannerghatta-Hosur Road.

Remember there is a small deviation at Bannerghatta Road. You need to exit the NICE road at B'ghatta road and re-enter the NICE road after a small deviation.
Old 12th January 2011, 11:58   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmaddy View Post
Hi

enter NICE through magadi road intersection-->kanakapura-hosru road direction.
Old 12th January 2011, 12:19   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekharr View Post
The deviation is quite small and the delay is not much. Also, if you are going directly to Chikmagalur, you need not take the Magadi exit. You can proceed directly to the Nelamangala exit and use the newly opened toll road. Then you can either take the left turn near Nelamangala to travel via Hassan or proceed straight on Tumkur Road to reach Chikmagalur.
Old 12th January 2011, 14:23   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
The deviation is quite small and the delay is not much. Also, if you are going directly to Chikmagalur, you need not take the Magadi exit. You can proceed directly to the Nelamangala exit and use the newly opened toll road. Then you can either take the left turn near Nelamangala to travel via Hassan or proceed straight on Tumkur Road to reach Chikmagalur.
Actually he can take the Magadi exit, continue to Magadi and reach Kunigal and proceed to Chickamagalur. The Roads are 2 lane and very good except for a couple of Kms near Magadi.
Old 12th January 2011, 22:24   #675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Thanks for the inputs, guys! Just another question: Elsewhere in this forum there are references to horror stories of being stuck at Neelamangala for hours due to flyover construction, which is probably a reason it was recommended to use the Magadi road instead. Any info on this would be most welcome!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks