Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:32   #646
BHPian

NICE Road- The RICH MAN'S ROAD

My spouse was working on her monthly expenses this quiet noon. She was increasing the allocation for Toll payment to NICE road.

I was surprised that every year, NICE is increasing the toll with no improvement in the quality whatsoever.

I understand that the toll to be paid for a one way travel from Mysore road to Banerghatta road is Rs.44 from the earlier Rs.38 for four wheelers.

The toll for one way travel from Banerghatta road to Hosur road is Rs.25 from earlier toll of Rs.20 for 4 wheelers.

Tomorrow ( 03.01.2011), people will start resuming work after the christmas and new year's vacation.

NICE is giving the people using their infrastructure, a bad new year GIFT !!!

This road is turning out to be a "RICH MAN'S ROAD" for sure. It seems NICE to be in race to make more money than being user friendly.
Old 3rd January 2011, 10:34   #647
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

This is a day robbery by NICE. They hiked it in June 2010 and within a year second rise.

From link road to bannerghatt road, from Rs.43 to 57 and now to 65, for 21+kms. That too without any day or monthly pass.

Certainly, I would reduce the my drive on NICE by minimum 50%, now on.
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:47   #648
BHPian

No monthly pass.
No 2-way option.

NICE is really becoming an extorsion business.
They got some land.Trespassers have to pay heavy fine.
Old 6th January 2011, 10:05   #649
BHPian

Travelled through NICE yesterday.

Tumkur to Bannerghatta is now 100 Rs. (earlier 83/-)
Bannerghatta to Electronics city exit is 25 (earlier 20/-)

So ,a total 125/- instead of earlier 103/- for Tumkur road entry to E.City exit.

They are doing some maintenance work.
At some parts near Tumkur road, they are carving out old tar layer and reapplying new one.
Attached Thumbnails
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-05012011058.jpg  

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-05012011059.jpg  

Old 6th January 2011, 11:26   #650
BHPian

This is becoming extortion ! I am noticing only a decline in the quality of the road surface vs the regular increase in toll fees. Any updated news of the expressway to Mysore ? At this rate, im guessing it wont be less than Rs. 250 for the entire route to Mysore !
Old 6th January 2011, 14:03   #651
BHPian

Any one who wants to avoid Bangalore traffic would have to take NICE road to reach quickly Hosur / Tumkur. OR realign your time reaching Bangalore after say 11 pm which is not possible always.

Even then you end up paying all the tolls after Neelamangala till you cross
electronics city. As consumers whether we have any alternatives?
Old 6th January 2011, 14:22   #652
BHPian

Toll increase justified!

I don’t see any reason why the users should complain. There is price-rise all around, labour is no longer cheap, people working there, assistants, gardeners other workers they too would like a salary increase once a year. If not from the toll, where else does NICE make money from??

And any day I prefer NICE road to cut across the city, the time saved, is worth the toll paid. For that matter, maybe you are doing your car a favour; avoiding the bumper-to-bumper traffic, constant start and stops and treating it with a nice long stretch in top gear.
Old 6th January 2011, 15:30   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
This is becoming extortion ! I am noticing only a decline in the quality of the road surface vs the regular increase in toll fees. Any updated news of the expressway to Mysore ? At this rate, im guessing it wont be less than Rs. 250 for the entire route to Mysore !
Assuming it is Rs. 250: How is this compared to Mumbai-Pune expressway, both distance wise and fare wise?
Old 6th January 2011, 16:08   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
Assuming it is Rs. 250: How is this compared to Mumbai-Pune expressway, both distance wise and fare wise?
97 Kms between end to end tolls though the actual eway is more than 120Kms starting from Pune bypass end till Panvel. (I am giving approximate figures but almost close)

6 lane concretized corridor all the way including ghat sections & tunnels.

One way toll of 140 INR and Police patrolling permitted (Talk about NICE and Police patrolling and we know where they are).

For a mere 45 Kms stretch of NICE we are paying 125/- no matter even if people say it saves a lot of time to cut through the ends of the city.

The current state of NICE is bumpier, discipline amongst trucks way too horrible occupying every lane, haphazard parking near the toll booths (especially Bannerghatta Road side).
Old 6th January 2011, 17:10   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The current state of NICE is bumpier, discipline amongst trucks way too horrible occupying every lane, haphazard parking near the toll booths (especially Bannerghatta Road side).
The most annoying part of NICE road for me is the poor visibility, esp. since there are more curves, we drive at higher speeds and the separation between the roads in 2 directions is not so well thought of while planning..
Old 6th January 2011, 18:09   #656
Team-BHP Support

Apart from ensuring the road surface is maintained well, I think they should also consider having a divider for the center portion i.e. between the 2 sides.

Worst case, if a vehicle goes off road on the right, it will fall straight into the ditch or even roll over to the oncoming side.

Also, they need to expediate the construction of the foot-over bridge in between the Kanakpura rd and Mysore rd exits. The check-posts can get dangerous, especially at night.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:55   #657
Senior - BHPian

Actually typing in the forum won't be of any use imporve the quality. I suggest visit NICE office and give your feedback. Soon NICE will go public so expect common man's 2000 crore invested in NICE! To increase the share value expect one more toll hike after they go live!! NICE is very clever company to do day light robbery legally. Whatever rule/bill NICE board recomands government has to pass it blindly thats rule so NICE rules. This is what I understood from many trusted people.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 6th January 2011, 19:14   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For a mere 45 Kms stretch of NICE we are paying 125/- no matter even if people say it saves a lot of time to cut through the ends of the city.
That translates to about 2.5Rs/km, which is the average fuel expense for a Tata Indica. Too costly, whatever be the traffic.
Quote:
Exactly!. Trucks crowd the road more during the evening/night times. During my last time tru NICE Road (Mysore Road - Bannerghatta Road), my speedo didn't even see speeds over 70.
Old 8th January 2011, 15:40   #659
Team-BHP Support

Back to the more fundamental question: What about the actual Bangalore-Mysore NICE road status?

Over coffee-table discussions, with friends and folks I heard that the actual road is about 80-90% complete. Where they are getting stuck is the entry point to Mysore.
But I have not read anything about this. Has any one heard/read anything about this?
Old 10th January 2011, 11:00   #660
Senior - BHPian

I agree, it's an Extortion by NICE authorities, day before yesterday I took my car for a drive at NICE road, from PESIT( BSK ring road ) to NICE Office(somanahally exit) it's just a mere 7.7Kms and the toll fee was 30Rs each way. it's just day light robbery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks