Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 12:14   #301
Senior - BHPian

Good Morning.... Yawn...

9-9-2009, TOI Blore.
--------------------------------

CONTEMPT PLEA
NICE top brass in legal tangle

Bangalore: A high court division Bench headed by Justice Manjula Chellur has ordered emergent notices to NICE MD Ashok Kheny and other directors on a contempt petition. Petitioner Vijayaraghavan has alleged encroachment of Gottigere lake by the company. The court reissued notices after the complainants counsel submitted that the directors refused to accept a summons served on them pursuant to the courts September 1 notice . The advocate said all the others chief secretary Sudhakar Rao, PWD secretary R B Agawane, industries secretary Subir Hari Singh, revenue secretary G S Narayanaswamy , KIADB CEO K Shyam Bhat, KSPCB member secretary M S Gouder, LDA chairman C S Vedanth received the summons.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:25   #302
Sha
BHPian

NICE is big fraud company.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:30   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
9-9-2009, TOI Blore.
--------------------------------

CONTEMPT PLEA
NICE top brass in legal tangle

So does this mean the Gotigere part of NICE is in jeopardy ? or the entire NICE stretch ?
Sad for dudes like me. I hope nothing happens to the Mysore road link to NICE.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:12   #304

Advice request ... directions to Mysore via NICE (Bangalore)

Hi All. My apologies if this is not the right "forum" for this request. We are planning a road trip to Mysore / Coorg this weekend and I have heard that the NICE Road in Bangaore is really cool to access the Mysore highway and cut down on travel time.

Could someone please let me know the best way to access the NICE road (from Koramangala).

Thanks a bunch.

Will update with a brief travelogue once done with the trip. :-)
Old 24th September 2009, 11:41   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha View Post
Hi All. My apologies if this is not the right "forum" for this request. We are planning a road trip to Mysore / Coorg this weekend and I have heard that the NICE Road in Bangaore is really cool to access the Mysore highway and cut down on travel time.

Could someone please let me know the best way to access the NICE road (from Koramangala).

Thanks a bunch.

Will update with a brief travelogue once done with the trip. :-)
Enter Bannerghatta road from ring road, you have cross Meenakshi temple and then Gottigere Village. Right after that you need to take right turn to enter NICE road. Once you cross Gottigere keep watching at your right, you will not miss it. Once on NICE road, the second exit will connect you to Mysore road.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:06   #306
Senior - BHPian

yes go past Gottigere village and you will see the NICE road - its quite big so you wont really miss it.
after that it is absolutely straight on and if in doubt you can always check at the toll booths.
it is a good road - about 18kms long which can frankly be covered in a very short time (about 14-20 minutes including toll booth stops on low traffic hours - early mornings etc) since the road surface is good and being a toll road, the traffic is not very heavy.
however, being a weekend, you may find lots of cars on that road.
have fun!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 24th September 2009 at 12:07.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:11   #307

Thank you very much Shankar and "Selective" big help.

Regards
Old 24th September 2009, 13:45   #308
BHPian

One more way is to hit the Hosur road, go till the eclectronic city and just before the electronic city , you will see connecting road to the " NICE " from Hosur road.This is in the shape of clover and you can easily make it out.The Eleveated highway and NICE are one above the other at this point.I think both bannerghatta and this route are of same distance.
Old 24th September 2009, 13:50   #309
BHPian

Bannerghatta Road is not in good shape. So, it is better to take Hosur Road as suggested by @400kph. The NICE Flyover goes below the New Flyover being constructed to connect Electronic City.

But, I think the Gottegere Lake construction is still under construction, so when you cross Bannerghatta Road, there might be slight diversion. But after that till Mysore Road you can enjoy the NICE Road.
Old 24th September 2009, 13:55   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
But, I think the Gottegere Lake construction is still under construction, so when you cross Bannerghatta Road, there might be slight diversion. But after that till Mysore Road you can enjoy the NICE Road.
Very true.I recently visited bannerghatta national park and had taken this route till gottigere.There is a break in the NICE road at this juncture and you will have to take a diversion to the right , enter bannerghatta raod , travel for 1 KM on it and continue on NICE which comes on the right.
Old 24th September 2009, 14:19   #311
BHPian

Is there a entry point into the nice road from Outer ring road somewhere near Banshankari 3rd stage (I think its close to PES engineering college)? Once I was going on the outer ring road to Mysore road and on the way there were barricades on a road and I could see some toll booths on that road not far away. Anyone knows about this?
Old 24th September 2009, 15:06   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Is there a entry point into the nice road from Outer ring road somewhere near Banshankari 3rd stage (I think its close to PES engineering college)? Once I was going on the outer ring road to Mysore road and on the way there were barricades on a road and I could see some toll booths on that road not far away. Anyone knows about this?

NICE Road Bangalore map - Google Maps

Hope this helps...

PS: It shows the NICE road from Hosur road to Mysore road ONLY. But in real, the road is connected to Tumkur road which is not shown in this map.

Last edited by Selective : 24th September 2009 at 15:08.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:06   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
That is for the yet-to-be-constructed BAngalore-Mysore expressway. I always prefer Kanakapura road entrance to NICE peripheral ring road. Every time I've tried, the Bannerghatta road experience has been bad. BTW I start from Indiranagar.
Old 24th September 2009, 16:14   #314

Thanks a lot everyone for your inputs. Good to know about the conditions on Banerghatta road ... will take the Electronic City route in that case. Hopefully I dont miss the clover-leaf approach.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:49   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @400Kph View Post
One more way is to hit the Hosur road, go till the eclectronic city and just before the electronic city , you will see connecting road to the " NICE " from Hosur road.
Wow this is in place now ? I never knew it was open. We can take this exit on the way from electronic city to BTM right ? It will fall on the LHS. Am I right ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks