Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 10:28   #256
Senior - BHPian

Check out this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1082551

You can also PM akroy. I vaguely remember him being the first to suggest that route.
Old 12th February 2009, 10:51   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
From Indiranagar you are better off taking the route through the city as opposed to taking the NICE road. Taking the nice road would take more time and would be much longer as well.

Fastest way for you would be to take the Bellary road and then take the road that connects it with Tumkur road (not the ORR but via Doddaballapur). I remember akroy and hvkumar mentioning that some time back.
Yes, you can turn off Nh4 at Dobespet (on the Tumkur-Bangalore road), and go directly to NH7 via Dodballapur - either to Yelahanka if you want to go into that part of the city, or towards Chickballapur, if you want to go towards Hyderabad or the Airport.
Old 12th February 2009, 11:32   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Going from Indiranagar to say Hubli - is it worth going to Hosur road and taking the NICE road till Tumkur road? Would it save time? How much more would the distance be?
Depending on where you stay in Indira Nagar, the fastest way for you is to go to Ulsoor Lake - Lakeside Hospital - Cantontment under bridge - Right turn into Nandidurga road - Funworld - Mekhri Circle - Right turn onto Bellary road - Hebbal - Yelahanka - Left turn onto Doddabllapur road - Doddaballapur - Dobbspet - Right at Dobbspet under the flyover & onto Tumkur road.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:40   #259
BANNED

Thanks Srikanth, but does it not become very long to Doddabalapur and then a left? Is this the route on the map?

Google Map Maker
Old 12th February 2009, 12:52   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Srikanth, but does it not become very long to Doddabalapur and then a left? Is this the route on the map?

Google Map Maker
It is indeed longer but faster unless you are planning to leave very early in the morning, in which case, you can take the NICE road from Kanakapura road and enjoy the drive.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:53   #261
Senior - BHPian

Here is a comparison of distances:

Dobespet-Dodballapur-Yelahanka-Hebbal, 70 kms
Dobespet-Nelamangala-Dasarahalli-Jalahalli-Hebbal, 50 kms
Old 12th February 2009, 15:41   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Going from Indiranagar to say Hubli - is it worth going to Hosur road and taking the NICE road till Tumkur road? Would it save time? How much more would the distance be?
Hosur road from Indiranagar, but why? Hosur is South and Hubli is North (absolute 180 deg opposite)

See if you start at 4AM from Indiranagar, take the normal Ulsoor Lake - Nandidurga Road - Mekhri Circle - Yeswanthpur road. You can also choose Yelahanka - Dodaballapur road if you know the road before.

But in daytime it is a must to avoid Yeswanthpur - Neelamanagala route with construction activities and heavy traffic.

Return journey I would prefer Dodaballapur Road if you returning in the evening.

Personally, I would prefer Dodaballapur - Dobbspet road always (atleast for People residing in Bangalore East and North) as it is faster and also you can save a Toll (I dont really understand why there are 2 Toll Booths between Neelamangala - Tumkur, which is hardly 50km)

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 12th February 2009 at 15:43.
Old 12th February 2009, 17:37   #263
BANNED

OK Guys,

Thanks for the info. So I'll take the normal Nelamangala route while leaving early morning and return via doddabalapur.
Old 12th February 2009, 19:24   #264
BANNED

Would recommend getting onto the ORR via OMR at Beninganahalli. Continue on the ORR until BEL Circle and then right into BEL , go straight until Gangamma Circle (SBI ATM on the right), left here to go through Jalahalli and you'll be at Dasarahalli in no time. This works best for an early morning start.

DO NOT go anywhere near Yeshwantpur at any time of day / night. Even if you reach Mekhri Circle, turn right onto Bellary Road and take the first left after getting onto the Hebbala flyover.

The ORR between Krishnarajapuram and Hebbal is superb (read almost no traffic) between 11 pm and 6 am. Plus NO speedbreakers (except for 1 near Kasturi Nagar & 3 rumbler strips - 1 just as you cross the Banaswadi underbridge and 2 more as you cross the diversion for the new underpass). Once you cross Bhagini, there are no more speedbreakers until Hebbal.

Last edited by hrag : 12th February 2009 at 19:31.
Old 13th February 2009, 08:14   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Would recommend getting onto the ORR via OMR at Beninganahalli. Continue on the ORR until BEL Circle and then right into BEL , go straight until Gangamma Circle (SBI ATM on the right), left here to go through Jalahalli and you'll be at Dasarahalli in no time. This works best for an early morning start.
I agree !! This is the best possible route avoiding Yeswanthpur but for a first timer it can get confusing in early morning.

Abhi
Old 13th February 2009, 08:48   #266
Senior - BHPian

Nice has again started charging toll which was stopped for a while now. They are charging reduced toll (That was announced in papers a while back) now.
Old 13th February 2009, 11:53   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
But in daytime it is a must to avoid Yeswanthpur - Neelamanagala route with construction activities and heavy traffic.
OT
@AK
I have observed most of your posts you mention NEELMANGALA instead of NELAMANGALA, ther's a lot of difference in pronounciation for the above mentioned.
Thanks ;-)
@Deepak
I would suggest you to take the below mentioned route if you are starting very early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy
See if you start at 4AM from Indiranagar, take the normal Ulsoor Lake - Nandidurga Road - Mekhri Circle - Yeswanthpur road
Old 13th February 2009, 12:05   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
OT
@AK
I have observed most of your posts you mention NEELMANGALA instead of NELAMANGALA, ther's a lot of difference in pronounciation for the above mentioned.
Thanks ;-)
Ok Sir, point noted. May be I pronounced it wrongly.
It will be Nelamangala now onwards

Abhi
Old 13th February 2009, 13:01   #269
BANNED

Coming back to the topic of NICE Road, there is a very dangerous downhill stretch between Bannerughatta Road and Kanakapura Road. It was open on Saturday morning and was closed for repair on Sunday night.

Someone please update the current status.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:26   #270
BANNED

Thanks guys - what is OMR? Old Mad Rd?

Last edited by deepakvrao : 13th February 2009 at 14:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks