Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 11:34   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
I read this news in todays Deccan Chronicle and Vijay Karnataka. It is mentioned that the toll charges would be Rs. 2.85/km for the upcoming Blore Mysore stretch and that would sum upto Rs 300 (approx.) for the entire stretch. Its a thoughtful question whether one would pay Rs. 300 just to save 1 hour travel time in the existing Blore-Mysore SH.
Such high toll charge negates the purpose of having a high speed link between Bangalore and Mysore. The main purpose of this link was to de-congest Bangalore and make it easier for people to commute between the two cities, thus encouraging industry in Mysore and relieving housing pressures in Bangalore. But if a person has to pay 300/- one way, then there is no way the original purpose will be met, since it means shelling out 15,000/- per month on just this toll!! (taking Girish's figure of 300/- one way, 300 * 2 * 25 = 15K)

What is one supposed to conclude from this toll rate? I guess the answer is obvious.
Old 18th December 2008, 11:36   #182
Senior - BHPian

IF they complete entire stretch and starts charging then it makes sense although 2.85/km is on very high side. 1.5/km makes sense for cars because one can save that money with better FE If we use NICE road.

They must charge only If entire stretch between Tumkur - Hosur road ready.

Toll between Bangalore - Hubli where 100km still incomplete don't make sense. The reason they must complete entire stretch and then starts collecting toll charges.

The person travelling from Bangalore - Hubli has to travel thru bad stretches too so charging for good stretches don't make sense.

I feel NICE road will be ready in 3 months If present government holds up in power next 6 months.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 18th December 2008, 11:37   #183
knp
BHPian

today morning, I have paid 8/- from BG road to hosur road (for bike).
these guys at toll are messy and taking almost 3-4 minutes to give/collect the tickets....so, adding around 6-8 minutes of additional travel time..
Old 18th December 2008, 12:06   #184
Senior - BHPian

He he he, they borrowed the same doping stuff from Skoda!

And they have audacity to charge this when the road connectivity is not even motorable at many points
Old 18th December 2008, 14:35   #185
Senior - BHPian

Ridiculous. BMIC claim that year 1998 (TOI edition, i think i am right) was the base year taken for toll charge and they have permission to increase 10% every year. So, if this continues whose gonna stop them from reaching 5rs/km or even more.

Also the paper compares this with Noida, gurgoan expressways, and those are less than 1rs/km that too with 6 or 8lanes.

Worst part is, this is the only toll road n country to collect toll from bikers. Right?

May be influenced from the super bikes flying around here.
Old 18th December 2008, 14:40   #186
BHPian

It was coming anyway. The users are clearly asked to bear the cost of delays during the previous government. Maybe they will reduce it by 10% after some protests. Later they might also offer to take over and maintain the existing state highway to Mysore to makeup the losses they incur due to insufficient toll collection.
Old 18th December 2008, 15:32   #187
Senior - BHPian

So, is this what we all were waiting for!!!

The guy want to recover loss even before he has given the right service! Talk about being very opportunistic!
Old 19th December 2008, 08:23   #188
BHPian

I think the entire idea was to set the charges higher than expectations and then reduce it to what they originally wanted to charge. That way everyone is happy, the promoters get what they want, the government establishes its "pro-people" credentials and the public is happy to get to use the road at a cheaper price.

That said, I was amused at the outrage conjured by the newspapers on the imposition of toll. I wonder what people are going to say when (if??) the elevated highway gets commissioned and they start charging their 100 Rs toll?
Old 19th December 2008, 08:25   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I think the entire idea was to set the charges higher than expectations and then reduce it to what they originally wanted to charge. That way everyone is happy, the promoters get what they want, the government establishes its "pro-people" credentials and the public is happy to get to use the road at a cheaper price.

That said, I was amused at the outrage conjured by the newspapers on the imposition of toll. I wonder what people are going to say when (if??) the elevated highway gets commissioned and they start charging their 100 Rs toll?
Time to reduce the road tax. Or they should give us a debit card when we pay the life time tax and keep deducting it in those toll roads. What say guys

Atleast we get some benifits on what we pay as tax.
Old 19th December 2008, 08:38   #190
knp
BHPian

read more details in today's TOI..and As per MD of NICE, they want to discourage 2 wheelers on this high speed track..and hence, charging more for 2 wheelers.....i think that high power bike makers should talk to this MD
also, they say that these rates are decided in the year 2000 and agreed by govt. of karnataka..
Old 19th December 2008, 09:21   #191
BHPian

The toll collected is far too high. People should boycott travelling on this road and force them to reduce the toll. Rs 80 every day to travel from Kanakpura road to E-city. Thats robbery!
Old 19th December 2008, 09:45   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
The toll collected is far too high. People should boycott travelling on this road and force them to reduce the toll. Rs 80 every day to travel from Kanakpura road to E-city. Thats robbery!
I am sure this will follow Price-elasticity-of-Demand. More the price lesser the demand hence they would be forced to reduce the price to reasonable levels if they want traffic on that road.
Old 19th December 2008, 10:51   #193
Senior - BHPian

Whopping 44 Rs from Tumkur road to Mysore road & vice versa. That's too much for approx 15kms. Now i'm seriously thinking as to take this route or not .
Old 19th December 2008, 12:16   #194
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Whopping 44 Rs from Tumkur road to Mysore road & vice versa. That's too much for approx 15kms. Now i'm seriously thinking as to take this route or not .
Same here. I go to Chikamagalur often from BTM Layout, I used to save around 1.5-2 hours. If I spend 100 Rs for this, its very difficult to justify that.

Also, I rip on the NICE road and go at pretty high RPMS, so i don't even get good mileage.

But I also sense a political act out of this. These days, the government is accused of being hand in glove with the NICE guys, so these rates could be rollback rates :-)

Vinay

Last edited by VBV : 19th December 2008 at 12:18.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:49   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
But I also sense a political act out of this. These days, the government is accused of being hand in glove with the NICE guys, so these rates could be rollback rates :-)
I doubt if that would happen.

Also, I wonder how did they fix the increment for EVERY year @ 10%. I dont think even these GQ charges like these or keep increasing the rates every year. But then why this NICE????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks