Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 10:15   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Are you going to drive from the airport to the hospital? If not, then you can just hop into a Meru Cab. Or, you can also take a volvo bus from the airport.
IIRC, there is no Volvo bus from Airport to BG road. There is one to JP Nagar and one to Jayanagar but none to BG Road (there is one from Majestic but not directly from Airport). I hope my information is outdated and there is currently a Volvo from Airport to BG road.

Potlaravi,

I recomend that you take Meru cab from airport to the hospital.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:28   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
IIRC, there is no Volvo bus from Airport to BG road. There is one to JP Nagar and one to Jayanagar but none to BG Road (there is one from Majestic but not directly from Airport). I hope my information is outdated and there is currently a Volvo from Airport to BG road.

Potlaravi,

O i think you are correct.
It would probably be too much for him to take volvo to JP Nagar and from there take an auto.
The Innova airlift taxis do go to Wockhardt hospital though. This i am sure of because i have seen them in front of the hospital.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:34   #168
BANNED

Not sure if this site is kept updated
BMTC AIRPORT SERVICE DETAILS
Old 27th November 2008, 20:23   #169
BHPian

Quote:

Potlaravi,

I think BIAS12 comes to BTM layout via Jayadeva flyover. You can consider that if luggage is not much and you can take an auto from the flyover to Wockhardt.
Old 27th November 2008, 20:38   #170
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys - this is a NICE thread. Please keep the BIAL and OT stuff away from this.

There are too many problems still not resolved in the NICE project itself!!! BIAL is another Pandora's Box. Please open a new thread for "BIAL to different points in Blore City - Options".
Old 27th November 2008, 22:45   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Are you going to drive from the airport to the hospital? If not, then you can just hop into a Meru Cab. Or, you can also take a volvo bus from the airport.
Thanks for the responce Amitoj and suvi,I am driving down to bangalore in my verna CRDI. my intention is to get route directions from Airport to Wockhardt Hospital. ( is it through Nice Road?)
Old 27th November 2008, 23:05   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
Thanks for the responce Amitoj and suvi,I am driving down to bangalore in my verna CRDI. my intention is to get route directions from Airport to Wockhardt Hospital. ( is it through Nice Road?)
If you were coming from Mumbai, yes! However, since you are coming from Hyderabad, the easiest (not the fastest) way to come would be come straight in the city via NH7-InfantryRoad-BrigadeRoad-HosurRoad-BannerghattaRoad

This is becoming very OT for this thread. For further discussion, please start a separate thread.
Old 28th November 2008, 11:43   #173
BHPian

Another option

Quote:
If you were coming from Mumbai, yes! However, since you are coming from Hyderabad, the easiest (not the fastest) way to come would be come straight in the city via NH7-InfantryRoad-BrigadeRoad-HosurRoad-BannerghattaRoad

This is becoming very OT for this thread. For further discussion, please start a separate thread.
Another option is to use the ring road from Hebbal Flyover take the Hosur road (NH7) direction. You will meet hosur road at Silk board flyover - keep going straight in the flyover in the same ring road until you hit jayadeva flyover. Take left in the jayadeva flyover for bannerghatta road. Conitue in the road toward bannerghatta and spot Wockhardt on right after IIMB campus gate.
Old 6th December 2008, 23:20   #174
BHPian

I have a query regarding the "Safety" aspect of NICE road. There are some posts that have suggested avoiding this road late evenings, hence this concern.

We are planning to drive down to Goa later this month (another 2 weeks to be precise) and we plan to start early and drive steady (try my best not to go very fast). We plan to start around 4:00AM or 4:30AM and to avoid the Tumkur road traffic (an earlier experience suggested this road has terrible traffic even so early), we are considering taking the NICE road from Mysore Road up to Nelamangala.

I would be driving in a Santro with my wife and would like to understand if there are safety concerns i need to consider while deciding between taking the NICE road or sticking to TUMKUR road. I stay in central Bangalore, so NICE road is not the shortest option available, but time is extremely critical, given my driving style, i would like to start early and avoid any disruptions.

Thanks in advance for any inputs
Old 7th December 2008, 08:38   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
I have a query regarding the "Safety" aspect of NICE road. There are some posts that have suggested avoiding this road late evenings, hence this concern.....

....... I stay in central Bangalore, so NICE road is not the shortest option available, but time is extremely critical, given my driving style, i would like to start early and avoid any disruptions....
Sachin: Unfortunately, that is true and there have been reported incidents of mugging etc late evenings. However, I have been using NICE road from mysore road to B-ghatta road for 1 years, almost on a daily basis, at all times of the day/night with no issues.

If you haven't used this road much, I would suggest that you avoid it especially if it is dark. If there is even some light and dawn time, then you could safely use it.
I say this not only because of of safety, but also if you have breakdown then no one may be able to assist you and you would be having your wifey with you.

Also, if this is not the shortest route, I would suggests that you use the city route to reach neelmangala.

Cheers,
Old 7th December 2008, 09:13   #176
BHPian

Neelamangla route is safer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Sachin: Unfortunately, that is true and there have been reported incidents of mugging etc late evenings.
If you haven't used this road much, I would suggest that you avoid it especially if it is dark. If there is even some light and dawn time, then you could safely use it.
Cheers,
Sachin: I'll second khan_sultan on this. My self being a regular weekend commuter of this road ( day- night) would not encourage you to take this route especially when you have your wife as co-passenger. Neelamangla route is much safer.
Old 7th December 2008, 12:01   #177
BHPian

Thanks for the prompt response. Tried-and-tested Tumkur Road it will be then for me.

Really love this forum. Can always trust to get relevant and apt information. Cheers !
Old 7th December 2008, 19:23   #178
Senior - BHPian

One good news about NICE road around Bangalore, It will soon complete in full circle around Bangalore which is nothing but it will get extended from Hosur road and corss Whitefield - Bellary road - join tumkur road where NICE road starts.

Its good move by statement government which would be huge savings. I hope soon they will complete NICE road from Tumkur road to Hosur road 100% and then starts this full circle.

Once entire road is ready it will work as Peri Pheral Ring Road for Bangalore. So no need to build another outer ring road for Bangalore which is proposed from long time back. This move is welcomed by public because it would save 50% project cost because already 42km NICE road is almost ready between Tumkur road to Hosur road cross.

Please remember there will be toll for this road because this will be built with good standard.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 7th December 2008 at 19:25.
Old 18th December 2008, 08:43   #179
Senior - BHPian

All,

NICE has started Charging toll @ Rs. 2/km on cars and Re 1/km on two wheelers despite the road is in incomplete state. Toll booths have sprung up in the middle of the road that gives receipts which are not serialized or it doesn't have dates printed on it. at this rate from Mysore road to Hossur Road if we take the Nice road we would have to pay a toll of over 120 Rs. both ways. This is outrageous. I have not found such high toll anywhere in India. I am not going to use NICE road if the toll rates are this high.
Old 18th December 2008, 11:26   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
All,

NICE has started Charging toll @ Rs. 2/km on cars and Re 1/km on two wheelers despite the road is in incomplete state. Toll booths have sprung up in the middle of the road that gives receipts which are not serialized or it doesn't have dates printed on it. at this rate from Mysore road to Hossur Road if we take the Nice road we would have to pay a toll of over 120 Rs. both ways. This is outrageous. I have not found such high toll anywhere in India. I am not going to use NICE road if the toll rates are this high.
I read this news in todays Deccan Chronicle and Vijay Karnataka. It is mentioned that the toll charges would be Rs. 2.85/km for the upcoming Blore Mysore stretch and that would sum upto Rs 300 (approx.) for the entire stretch. Its a thoughtful question whether one would pay Rs. 300 just to save 1 hour travel time in the existing Blore-Mysore SH.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks