Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2022, 08:05   #1
BHPian

Vadodara To Statue Of Unity

Hi Friends,
I will be traveling with Senior Citizens from Vadodara to SOU(Statue Of Unity) so wanted to know how is the road condition via Dabhoi - Tilakwada -Devaliya - Kevadia(SOU). This route take @ 2 hrs so asked.
The route via NH48 Vadodara - Bharuch -Jhagadia is known to me as have traveled by it. The time taken by this route is @ 3.5hrs.

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st December 2022, 08:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vadodara To Statue Of Unity

The direct Baroda-Dabhoi-Devaliya-Kevadiya was the fastest route since day 1. It took 1.5 hours from Baroda in early 2020.

The route from Bharuch was largely used by those driving from Bombay.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 12:30   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Hi Friends, I will be traveling with Senior Citizens from Vadodara to SOU(Statue Of Unity) so wanted to know how is the road condition via Dabhoi - Tilakwada -Devaliya - Kevadia(SOU). This route take @ 2 hrs so asked.

The route via NH48 Vadodara - Bharuch -Jhagadia is known to me as have traveled by it. The time taken by this route is @ 3.5hrs.

Thanks in advance.

This route is quite good for the most part although there are a few rough patches along the way. Post Dabhoi you will mostly only encounter smooth tarmac and not as much traffic either. But beware of the various reckless two wheelers and autos which are frequent. Time taken should be around 1.5-2hrs depending on your pace. The road is a well paved divided 4 lane road.
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 16:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
This route is quite good for the most part although there are a few rough patches along the way.
Thanks once again as route is good but pre Dabhoi the road is 4 Lane but rough patches and certain sections okay. Traffic density pre Dabhoi was high as left Vadodara at 11.30 am. Post Dabhoi the road is smooth and reached Kevadia at 13.00 hrs. Luckily did not encounter any autos or two wheelers.Overall speeds between 70 to 100 kmph could get the whole route.
Old 8th December 2022, 10:37   #5
Team-BHP Support

We're planning to visit SoU next month; the plan is to drive to Kevadia from Ahmedabad.

Day 1: leave A'bad post breakfast, reach Kevadia, and attend Narmada aarti
Day 2: will be buying Express Entry tickets. Plan is to do the jungle safari and one of the gardens in the morning, break for lunch and take the 4-6pm slot for the viewing gallery. Will do the laser show and glow garden post that.

Do I need to buy an entry ticket to view (not perform) the Narmada aarti? I believe the 1100 ticket is to perform the aarti.
Old 8th December 2022, 14:47   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
We're planning to visit SoU next month; the plan is to drive to Kevadia from Ahmedabad.
Do I need to buy an entry ticket to view (not perform) the Narmada aarti? I believe the 1100 ticket is to perform the aarti.
*Firstly I would recommend you to install the SOU app.
*All ticket bookings are also through the app and no cash transactions. Except if you take the golf cart - Ekta Nursery/ Aarogya Van .
*Viewing for Aarti is free.
*Private cars are allowed till the parking and some attractions like Ekta Nursery, Arogya Van else electric rickshaw - paid basis.
*Laser show is about 22-25 mins and in the evening so best to take the 16.00 to 18.00 hrs slot for SOU and then the laser show.
*Laser show is projected on the statue so can be viewed from any row even from the back.
*Please plan carefully what you want to see as won't be able to see all the attractions in a day.
Hope the above helps.

Last edited by ACMerchant : 8th December 2022 at 14:48. Reason: Remembered another point.
ACMerchant is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks