Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2024, 12:46   #931
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread

So after getting fined on the way to Mysore, on the way back I clocked 90kph on the cruise control and drove all the way back. It was tough sometimes as the road keeps winding, and maintaining speeds below 100kph manually in 4th gear meant the legs hurt to maintain a constant light pressure.

Also, overtaking slower vehicles was tricky, as the middle and left lanes have 80, 60kph speed limits (indicated as printed on the roads and overhead signs). So you have to slow down first to below 80kph, and then hope the right lane vehicle you want to overtake drops speeds to below 80kph, and then overtake from the middle lane back to the right lane. The reduced speeds in the left and middle lanes makes them unusable for cars above 80kph.

The 114km stretch took exactly 1.5 hours with an average speed of 75kph, and a 22kpl fuel efficiency. Pretty boring, and I was glad when I hit the Nice road.
Old 19th August 2024, 14:35   #932
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread

I had a very pleasant experience of going to Mysore and back on 16th. So far no traffic violation reported.

The traffic was sparse being the middle of a long weekend. I had set the cruise control between 90 to 95 kmph keeping some room for error. I do not trust the system to have very accurate readings.
Most of the cars were within the speed limit and truck also in their respective lanes.Only during the return encountered a few very slow moving trucks in the fastest lane and one truck driving the wrong way. I have to extract the footage and send to authorities.

There were some very smart car drivers going well over the speed limit but the moment the speed camera is seen, they try to closely tail a car so that their front number plate gets hidden. Not sure if it worked or if there is a camera to take a rear picture of the car as well. A constant 95kmph without interruption translates to almost the same average speed which is more than enough for me. I am happy with this and the car showed a fuel efficiency of 17kmpl for ~100km (2 litre NA petrol).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks