Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2024, 14:01   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread

These guys are posting challans left right and centre. Almost all of them whom I met have got a challan for overspeeding though many of them claim that they were within speed limits. Are we not supposed to ask for proofs for these? How long will this continue?
Old 12th August 2024, 14:37   #902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
I checked for my other car and found 2 challans issued on 21st July for sectional overspeed in this stretch. Looks like these rules have been implemented in July itself.
They were installed in May, testing was ongoing , some sections were active from end of June.

They are now installed in Mysore ring road as well, so if you see 60 KMPH, stick to it. This upcoming Long weekend is going to make them government a lot of money
Kosfactor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 18:35   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
They were installed in May, testing was ongoing , some sections were active from end of June.

They are now installed in Mysore ring road as well, so if you see 60 KMPH, stick to it. This upcoming Long weekend is going to make them government a lot of money
This challan game is getting more crazier. We will start seeing speed beeps installed in cars from 60 onwards next. I think the 2 eyes are not enough and will have to get a navigator to tell us when to slow down and when to pick up pace.
Old 12th August 2024, 19:03   #904
Distinguished - BHPian

I thought I will pay the existing one and get it done with. Twice the payment got debited from my card and I get an error as below from the site. I have the bank sms and this failure screenshot. I don't know what to do here. No proof of violation, no way to request for the same, no option to handle a failed transaction.

Anyone else able to pay successfully? I don't want to try and lose money again.

Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-challanpaymet-failure.png
Old 13th August 2024, 08:31   #905
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations for breakfast around Ramnagara ? One option is Kamat Lokaruchi, are there any other options?
Old 13th August 2024, 12:10   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any recommendations for breakfast around Ramnagara ? One option is Kamat Lokaruchi, are there any other options?
Don't have an alternate suggestion, however my last experience few months back at this place left a sour taste. Neither the quality nor the taste of food here is what it used to be earlier. I always liked this place and even though I was on the expressway, took the deviation to be go to this place and felt it was total waste of time and money. Even the basic hygiene was lacking.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 12:26   #907
BHPian

Quote:
When I went in May, we stopped at Shivalli. You need to get on to the service road.

Paakashaala was crowded and decided to move further ahead to Shivalli.
m8002? is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 20:33   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
When I went in May, we stopped at Shivalli. You need to get on to the service road.

Paakashaala was crowded and decided to move further ahead to Shivalli.
Shivali is a nice place and not too much detour.
Pure Veg

Little ahead is Vaishali which has non veg
Old 15th August 2024, 20:53   #909
BHPian

I can confirm that sectional speed violation is happening before 100kmph. I was using ADAS at 95kmph, and occasionally 97kmph. I got a sectional speed violation at Induvalu, Mandya. Car gps shows speed below 100kmph; verified using dashcam gps too. Dashcam showed at max I touched 96; same as the spot speed on the radar which coincided to be at the same time. Incidentally, dash cam also recorded me telling my wife that ADGP tweeted 105kmph and she telling, “let’s see when the message comes; 80 is the limit here.” .

Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-img_4525.jpeg

I have tweeted KSP and the ADGP who had assured 5% error margin above 100! Let’s see if someone responds!

Last edited by impala : 15th August 2024 at 21:01.
impala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 21:54   #910
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Incidentally, dash cam also recorded me telling my wife that ADGP tweeted 105kmph and she telling, “let’s see when the message comes; 80 is the limit here.” .
I simply don’t understand why there is a need for 2 speed limits, 80 in some sections and 100 in others.
I traveled once more but only till Maddur and returned. We were in a group, so onward we had to keep to much slower speeds and we used the left lane mostly except for overtaking extremely slow moving vehicles (and there were quite a few of those!).

On the return, we entered the expressway at Ramnagara and at one place I was at 84kmph in the middle lane and the display showed up in Red, don’t know if this will be treated as a violation, no message so far, will check soon.

Last edited by NPV : 15th August 2024 at 21:57.
Old 15th August 2024, 22:18   #911
BHPian

Quote:
no message so far, will check soon.
I did not get a message too. I checked in the KSP site.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 06:33   #912
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
On the return, we entered the expressway at Ramnagara and at one place I was at 84kmph in the middle lane and the display showed up in Red, don’t know if this will be treated as a violation, no message so far, will check soon.
I have had my Adaptive Cruise control at 98 kmph and i also did see red on the display board like you on Mysore road, but haven't seen any fine, its been 2 week since. Hopefully fines are only 100+ kmph.

Also i have seen police standing in BLR-Hassan Road with speed camera, near Nelmangala and also near Kunigal where speeds are written as 50 kmph, I thought they would have captured for fine, but haven't got any.

Hopefully Police will stick to 100+ kmph for fines as norm in highways with instructions from ADGP and seniors, else it will become very messy, i have seen speed boards written as 30 kmph in BLR-Hyderabad road near villages, they could literally fine everyone standing there.
Old 16th August 2024, 07:16   #913
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I did not get a message too. I checked in the KSP site.
Checked on the website, there’s nothing.Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-img_4342.jpeg
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 09:10   #914
BHPian

Quote:
We kept to 90-100 kmph in middle and right lane (when overtaking), hence I was saying if one trusts the car speedometer and keeps to under 100 in middle/right lane it is quite safe.

Does anyone have a first hand experience of being fined for > 80 kmph on the left or middle lanes (does challan call out specifically that lane speed limit was breached?). I have my doubts on this one.
I have my doubts about this one as well. I have been driving on this stretch 2-3 time a month for the past 8-10 months. I always drive below the 100kmph limit but most of the times in the middle lane!

Checked both websites - no outstanding fines for my car. I am not sure they are fining vehicles for >80kmph in the middle lane.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th August 2024 at 12:39. Reason: Spacing for readability
Old 16th August 2024, 12:27   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaumad View Post
I am not sure they are fining vehicles for >80kmph in the middle lane.
I do not think it’s about middle lane. One of the two below is happening -

1. They have an accuracy issue in calculating sectional speed. Either because the distance is assumed higher than actual or there is a timestamp issue. I guess this is the reason.

2. They are enforcing lower limits in areas where limit is lower. Where I got the penalty, speed limit is 80kmph.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th August 2024 at 12:39. Reason: Spacing for readability

Most Viewed