Old 16th May 2024, 13:19   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Enjoy!!!

Cameras installed on Bengaluru-Mysuru highway to detect sectional overspeeding

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...eeding-3024426
If they allow a sectional average speed of 100kmph like explained then thats very sensible. I have done an expressway average of 95kmph as my best so far Mr. Alok Kumar is a very sensible person. Just hope he is kept in this position for longer and empowered well.

Last edited by audioholic : 16th May 2024 at 13:28.
Old 16th May 2024, 13:21   #842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If they allow a sectional average speed of 100kmph like explained then thats very sensible. I have done an expressway average of 95kmph as my best so far
Purely an example I feel. Going by LCM, they will set it at 80
Old 16th May 2024, 13:30   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Purely an example I feel. Going by LCM, they will set it at 80
I dont think that would be the case when they have smaller sections. Rather, 80 average would have made sense for the entire stretch of the expressway and not sectional. Here, assume a 1km section, if I keep following the 100kmph limit my average would be above 80 which would create a false offense.
Old 16th May 2024, 17:47   #844
BHPian

60 AI-powered cameras to be installed on Bengaluru-Mysuru highway

National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has initiated the installation of 60 Artificial Intelligence-powered traffic enforcement cameras at strategic locations along both the Bengaluru-Nidaghatta and Nidaghatta-Mysuru stretches of the highway.

Source: https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le68178861.ece
Old 16th May 2024, 19:32   #845
BHPian

Implementing measures to curb overspeeding is a step in the right direction, however, it would bode well if something were done to maintain lane discipline. IMO, the lane hoppers and slow-moving vehicles hogging the rightmost and fastest lane are the ones marring the highway experience. Not only that, but sometimes they are the reason accidents occur. When slow-moving vehicles occupy the rightmost lane, faster-moving cars(sticking to the speed limit) inadvertently have to switch lanes to overtake them, disrupting lane discipline entirely.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 17:01   #846
BHPian

Hi all, please excuse me if this was already asked in the forum. I would like to know the latest information on the restaurants on this expressway on Bangaluru-Mysuru way. I would be travelling on 26th May to Virajpet and would like to know the vegetarian options for breakfast on the route.
Old 18th May 2024, 12:21   #847
BHPian

The new AI powered cameras in the Mysore expressway seem to be doing their job decently, catches drivers using phones. I wish they had similar cameras all over Bangalore city too!

https://x.com/alokkumar6994/status/1...3Dmicrosoft-ht

Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-screenshot-20240518-121937.png
Old 18th May 2024, 12:34   #848
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Hi all, please excuse me if this was already asked in the forum. I would like to know the latest information on the restaurants on this expressway on Bangaluru-Mysuru way. I would be travelling on 26th May to Virajpet and would like to know the vegetarian options for breakfast on the route.
Simple answer is None. You need to take a detour off the E-Way for breakfast. Best bet would be to finish breakfast and then get onto the E-Way or reach mysore and then have breakfast. if both are not an option, then there are couple of restaurants here and here, which are short detours off the E-way.

AI cameras in action on E-Way, 12K cars booked in 2 weeks. Interesting part of this article is the tweet, where all examples are for using mobile while driving and not for overspeeding.

Some digging around led me to this article, where it talks about cameras calculating sectional overspeeding. This basically means aam junta tactic of slowing before camera and then speeding up wont work as the start to finish time would still be lower than expected time to cover distance. If these camera really do start measuring sectional speeds using ANPR, then everyone will have to stick to 100 kmph on the E-way, which I think is good.
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 12:44   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
You need to take a detour off the E-Way for breakfast.
By detour means getting off the highway on to service road and getting back. Some eateries are right at the exit and some mid-way between the exits. At most you will need to travel 3 or 4 Kilometres on the service road.
Quote:
I would like to know the latest information on the restaurants on this expressway on Bangaluru-Mysuru way.
There are plenty. Every 20 minutes or so you will find some option. Most are veg and you have to exit to service and then join back.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 08:47   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Simple answer is None. You need to take a detour off the E-Way for breakfast. Best bet would be to finish breakfast and then get onto the E-Way or reach mysore and then have breakfast.
Yes, I was checking about minimal detour options as I know that there are no options on the E-way. Since, I would be starting at 3 am, breakfast before and after the E-way would be either too early or too late. I am looking for vegetarian options only. I will try Paakshala as suggested by you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
There are plenty. Every 20 minutes or so you will find some option. Most are veg and you have to exit to service and then join back.
Are there sufficient sign boards to figure these restaurants out?

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th May 2024 at 08:57. Reason: Please use Multi quote / Quote+ feature instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 19th May 2024, 08:56   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No. But the expressway is on average, a 75-90 min drive. Either eat before entering or after exiting. Don't bother with food options while en route.

The bypasses are very long (the shortest is Bidadi at 7 km iirc). Exiting and entering will be very time consuming.
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 08:58   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Signage is poor. Easily missed. All the signs are at the exits (not before), put up by restaurants.
Do you know at what hours are you planning to cross the highway?
Old 19th May 2024, 11:44   #853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since, I would be starting at 3 am, breakfast before and after the E-way would be either too early or too late. I am looking for vegetarian options only. I will try Paakshala as suggested by you.
3 am start from Whitefield or North BLR would mean 4 am entry onto E-Way and 5.30 am exit. With these timings, none of the restaurants would be open.

If you meant 3 am from Chennai, would be safe to assume 8 or 8.30 am entry onto E-way. You might just be better off stopping at Shoolagiri for breakfast before entering BLR.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 19:05   #854
BHPian

Quote:
If you meant 3 am from Chennai, would be safe to assume 8 or 8.30 am entry onto E-way. You might just be better off stopping at Shoolagiri for breakfast before entering BLR.
Yes, I meant a 3 am start from Chennai. Generally, I make it to E-City by 7.15 am or so. Hence, Shoolagiri would be too early for me. I would like to try it at Kamat or Shivahalli. I am bit wary of traffic at the E-way entry point at NICE which may delay my break-fast time!
Old 19th May 2024, 19:50   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I meant a 3 am start from Chennai. Generally, I make it to E-City by 7.15 am or so. Hence, Shoolagiri would be too early for me. I would like to try it at Kamat or Shivahalli. I am bit wary of traffic at the E-way entry point at NICE which may delay my break-fast time!
Here is Shivalli restaurant link - https://maps.app.goo.gl/kAzrjE1BidFAW5ro6
You have to exit the highway 2Km before, travel in service road to reach the restaurant. To enter the highway, travel further 5 Km on service road and join the highway.

PS: As soon as you exit, you will see Pakashala. That is another option. Most of these restaurants open after 7/7:30 AM.

This stretch of the service road is parallel to the highway. There is no detour.

Last edited by msdivy : 19th May 2024 at 19:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks