Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2023, 20:36   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread

Two wheelers will be allowed till the service roads become fully functional, the MP was referring to the completion of a bridge across the river before restricting two wheelers on the expressway.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 12:49   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Finally experienced this highway! ...t wavering across the lanes.
Hi I am planning to drive to Mysore from Hyderabad. I will leave Hyd early morning of 8th Jan. Am I able to use the new expressway? Can you advice if G-maps is an accurate tool here or will MapmyIndia do better?

Any other suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Travelwriter
Old 7th January 2023, 14:30   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
Hi I am planning to drive to Mysore from Hyderabad. I will leave Hyd early morning of 8th Jan. Am I able to use the new expressway? Can you advice if G-maps is an accurate tool here or will MapmyIndia do better?

Any other suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Travelwriter
Yes, no issues taking the expressway. Coming from Hyderabad, assume you will enter Mysore Road via Hebbal , Yeswantpur, NICE Road. Once you cross NICE, the expressway starts. Don't rely on google maps once on the expressway. It is not fully aligned with the recently opened stretches. So just follow the flow of traffic and signboards.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 10:52   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Don't rely on google maps once on the expressway. It is not fully aligned with the recently opened stretches. So just follow the flow of traffic and signboards.
This is important for first timers. Especially on newly constructed bypasses, Google goes total bonkers and tries to "navigate back to the highway", which goes through the towns. If the toll booths appear clogged, stick to the extreme left or right lane - helps avoid the confusion and the unfortunate fender bender. Watch out for buses stopped on the left most lane, near exits from the main carriageway.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 20:07   #155
BHPian

I took the Mandya bypass on the way back from Mysore. The main carriageway (3 lanes) is also unofficially open for quite some distance.

While coming back from Mysore, take the exit from expressway where diversion sign is posted (follow all other cars). The road then goes towards right under the expressway (all cars would follow this). After you take right, take the first left (In Map it will show as Smart FC Warehouse). Immediately after taking left, you would find a railway crossing, cross it, then the road will go under the expressway. Once you cross expressway, take right on the service lane, and then get on the main carriageway which is open for quite some distance. After the main carriageway ends, join back to the service road.

While coming from Bangalore, at the point where the expressway ends before Mandya, take exit, drive parallel to the expressway, then at some point, the expressway turns into a flyover under construction, and you would also encounter opposite side traffic in your lane which is going under the expressway (towards your right). Join them, cross the expressway, and turn left in the service road. Join back at Mandya.

While going, Nice road to Columbia Asia took 1 hour 33 minutes. While coming back, same stretch (1 kms before NICE) took about same time. There was a 1 km traffic jam at the end of the expressway.

Last edited by sumannandy : 8th January 2023 at 20:09.
sumannandy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 06:48   #156
Senior - BHPian

In today's newspaper:

Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-2023_01_09-06_45-office-lens.jpg

Personally, I like the name Kaveri Expressway a lot. I have specific objections to the other two which I'm not enumerating here (as they break forum rules).
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 06:57   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Personally, I like the name Kaveri Expressway a lot. I have specific objections to the other two which I'm not enumerating here (as they break forum rules).
Lousy bunch! The only thing they need to focus on right now is to improve policies to ensure highway maintenance with proper quality.
Old 9th January 2023, 08:00   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
In today's[/ATTACH]

Kaveri Expressway all the way.
After all it leads to Talacauvery which is the birthplace of the river which is a lifeline for this part of South India.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 08:31   #159
Senior - BHPian

IMO, I feel there is no Mysuru without Mother Chamundeshwari, so expressway should be named after goddess Chamundeshwari.
deehunk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 09:15   #160
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support:

Preemptive caution. Please refrain from taking the expressway naming conversation down political/religious lines.

Any violations will be treated per forum rules.

Thanks!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 13:12   #161
BHPian

https://www.timesnownews.com/bengalu...ticle-96798130

Quote:
'Autos, bikes will not be allowed on Bengaluru-Mysuru expressway'
What a bummer if they are going to really enforce this! I really hope they meant bicycle's when they used the term bikes and not motorcycles.

Last edited by Xaos636 : 9th January 2023 at 13:14.
Old 10th January 2023, 13:25   #162
BHPian

Hi. I recently used the expressway from Bangalore to Mysore. Once you arrive in Hebbal from Hyderabad, you can be directed to take Yeshwanthpur through Tumkur road, which runs underneath the Hebbal flyover.

Till you leave Yeshwantpur and get on the expressway, you may rely on Google Maps. Google's recommendations to exit the expressway and go through towns after that are inconsistent. Relying on the signboards is preferable.

These days, the stretch between Bangalore and Mysore is a breeze, and you can generally use cruise control. Just remember the two key points listed below.

1) Stay away from exiting Bangalore on Saturday and Sunday mornings, especially after 7 AM. There will be too much traffic in Yeshwantpur. Hence try to cross Yeshwanthpur before 6 AM.
2) Due to the recently built expressway, fewer restaurants are available than before, so make plans to dine anywhere (little roadside restaurants or upscale ones) possible. To find good restaurants, we had a lot of difficulty up to Mandya.

Last edited by Krish_Diesel : 10th January 2023 at 13:50.
Krish_Diesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 14:45   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Nah, the curves gave the highway a sense of identity and will keep every drive engaging. Imagine if all highways were like the Samruddhi Mahamarg Expressway - long, straight and absolutely boring. This is way better!
A twisty road requires more money, and more time to construct, increases travel distance and results in more fuel and toll. Overall, it is a waste of taxpayer money and resources. Long straight highways are an absolute need for the growth of any country.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 21:02   #164
BHPian

I travelled from Mysuru to Bengaluru on Saturday early morning, I was coming from Udupi and was at MG showroom charging my EV, and left Mysuru at 0300 in morning. I was doing speeds of 75kph till Ramanagara and reduced it to 65kph till Bengaluru. I was surprised when I found myself at my home (Chandra Layout) at 0510. That was insanely fast and given the average speed that I was doing.
DarthVeda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 10:38   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
I took the Mandya bypass on the way back from Mysore. The main carriageway (3 lanes) is also unofficially open for quite some distance.

While coming back from Mysore, take the exit from expressway where diversion sign is posted (follow all other cars). The road then goes towards right under the expressway (all cars would follow this). After you take right, take the first left (In Map it will show as Smart FC Warehouse). Immediately after taking left, you would find a railway crossing, cross it, then the road will go under the expressway. Once you cross expressway, take right on the service lane, and then get on the main carriageway which is open for quite some distance. After the main carriageway ends, join back to the service road.

While coming from Bangalore, at the point where the expressway ends before Mandya, take exit, drive parallel to the expressway, then at some point, the expressway turns into a flyover under construction, and you would also encounter opposite side traffic in your lane which is going under the expressway (towards your right). Join them, cross the expressway, and turn left in the service road. Join back at Mandya..
I'm a bit confused by your post, is the Mandya bypass open or not. Driving Bengaluru Mysore Bengaluru next week, thus my question. If possible could you insert a map of the best route to avoid the Mandya messy traffic. Thanks

Most Viewed