Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2021, 17:58   #1
BHPian

Bangalore Vijayawada Expressway: Construction Updates

Central Govt has approved a proposal of 6 Lane Green Field Express Highway between Bangalore to Vijayawada for a distance of 370 KM which was proposed by Andhra Pradesh Govt. This will be first Green Filed Project in AP and also it will be over night journey from Bangalore. Further it will be interconnected to Kolkata -Chennai NH 65

Source: https://www.sakshi.com
SVMBLR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 18:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore Vijayawada Expressway: Construction Updates

The shortest distance between Bangalore to Vijayawada is currently 640KM, as per Google maps.

How will this get reduced to 370KM?
Old 24th August 2021, 18:52   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The shortest distance between Bangalore to Vijayawada is currently 640KM, as per Google maps.

Since it connects to NH65 which already is common till Naidupet, this new stretch should amount to 370 kms.

Vijayawada to Naidupet is 350 kms. Naidupet to Bangalore is 310 kms. I am assuming this route will bypass Naidupet and connect the NH65 somewhere north (like Nellore or Ongole).
Old 24th August 2021, 18:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
Central Govt has approved a proposal of 6 Lane Green Field Express Highway between Bangalore to Vijayawada for a distance of 370 KM which was proposed by Andhra Pradesh Govt. This will be first Green Filed Project in AP and also it will be over night journey from Bangalore. Further it will be interconnected to Kolkata -Chennai NH 65

Source: https://www.sakshi.com
Will this be a complete Greenfield highway or its merely connecting the proposed Bangalore Chennai expressway around Tirupati.
This would be very interesting if it bypasses Tirupati and meets Chennai Kolkata someway north.(sorry can't read the source as it's not in English)
Old 24th August 2021, 19:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I am assuming this route will bypass Naidupet and connect the NH65 somewhere north (like Nellore or Ongole).
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingmelody View Post
Will this be a complete Greenfield highway or its merely connecting the proposed Bangalore Chennai expressway around Tirupati.
Although the news article mentions Bengaluru to Vijayawada this is a greeen field expressway starting from Anantapur and terminating at Chilkaluripet before Guntur. The distance of 370 km is between these two cities.

The attached map shows a distance of 402km which will reduce because of the the proposed new alignment.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore  Vijayawada Expressway: Construction Updates-screenshot_202108241929142.png  

damodar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 20:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

The source is wrong on several counts:

1. There is no Bangalore-Vijayawada expressway. The proposal was a Anantapur-Amaravati Vijayawada) greenfield.
2. The distance from the Amaravati-Anantapur proposal alone is 370 km, add 200 km for Bangalore-Anantapur. Makes it 570km.
4. The proposal cuts through Nallamalla forest, which is enough reason this project would not go through. There exists a Nellore-Badvel-Mydukur 2-lane road which hardly sees patronage and the movement is restricted at night.
5. Pulivendula, Muddanur are known for naxal presence. Few years back, I detoured into Tadipatri-Pulivendula-Anantapur road instead of taking Tadipatri-Gooty. And it wasn't anything more than a dirt track. Heck even Gooty-Tadipatri-Kadapa hardly sees vehicles on road.

Overall I don't see this project ever becoming a reality.

Last edited by narayans80 : 24th August 2021 at 20:02.
narayans80 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 12:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post

Greenfield Express Highway is built from Bangalore to Vijayawada connectivity with Bangalore to six districts will increase. The Greenfield Highway will also be connected to the Kolkata-Chennai Highway No-65.

The Central Department of Transport and National Highways has proposed three route maps for the Bangalore-Vijayawada Greenfield Highway decided by the State government. The State Government has finalized the route construction map from Bangalore to Anantapur district via Pulivendula to Vijayawada via YSR Kadapa, Nellore, Prakasam, and Guntur districts.

This has been approved in principle by the Central Government. The distance from Bangalore to Vijayawada is 560 kM's and has been finalized to be 370 kM of the Greenfield Express Highway depending on the existing road route. The highway will be constructed at a cost of about Rs 25 crore per kilometer. The cost of land acquisition is estimated to be around Rs 745 crore. Accordingly, the Greenfield Highway will be constructed at a cost of about Rs 10,000 crore. Therefore, the responsibility of formulating the DPR has been handed over to RV Associates through tenders.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore  Vijayawada Expressway: Construction Updates-blr-vzw.jpg  

SVMBLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 13:29   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Vijayawada route we use is through Tirupati - Kalahasti - Nellore - Ongole - Vijayawada. This road is very good as is unless it rains heavily, then you can expect some flooding. There isn't much traffic on this highway though, it is empty for the most part.

As BHPian narayans80 says, there is no real need for such a highway as connectivity already exists.
Old 25th August 2021, 15:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
The distance from Bangalore to Vijayawada is 560 kM's and has been finalized to be 370 kM of the Greenfield Express Highway depending on the existing road route.
Bangalore-Vijayawada can never be 370 km. The math simply would not add up. Bangalore-Naidupet is 320 km, Naidupet-Vijayawada is 360 km at an obstuse angle. There is no way the 3rd side of the triangle will be 370 km. Even if you put Pythagoras in the driver's seat, the hypotenuse is 480 km.

If there is real patronage for this, a connectivity between NH7 and Mydukur is all that's needed. Mydukur-Nellore already exists and sees very less usage.
Old 16th May 2024, 21:43   #10
Team-BHP Support

With my interest fully triggered by new expressway developments in the country, I was looking at Bangalore-Vijaywada expressway. I was again surprised to see earthwork is on across all sections.

Bangalore  Vijayawada Expressway: Construction Updates-screenshot-20240516-9.30.218239pm.png

Almost the entire length is a Greenfield. And work seems to be in full swing.

I also looked for the exact place where it starts from the Bangalore Hyderabad highway. It's some right after the Puttaparthi exit.

Will be great track its progress along with the Surat-Chennai highway development.

Last edited by ampere : 16th May 2024 at 21:55.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 21:57   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this route driveable already? I will be going to Vijayawada soon and can try something new.
Old 16th May 2024, 21:59   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is this route driveable already? I will be going to Vijayawada soon and can try something new.
It's under development! Currently earth work is going on. It will take 3-4 years easily I think to make it operational!

I see a lot a comments on if this route is actually useful. One way to look at it, it should improve regions through which it passes. Also one does not need to see the GQ traffic from south if we take this. Another thing I can see is it has the potential to redefine the freight traffic routing especially the ones originating from Karnataka. Directly head to Anantpur and latch on to this highway instead of going down south via Chitoor/Tirpuati (and vice versa)

Last edited by ampere : 16th May 2024 at 22:13.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 07:10   #13
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore Vijayawada Expressway: Construction Updates

Looks like lots of updates on NH16 (4 lane upgradation to more lanes) on Addanki-Vijayawada side (brownfield section) in anticipation of this expressway. This includes a new bridge on Krishna.

There also seems to be huge western bypass coming up in Vijayawada on NH16 to bypass the city.

Bangalore  Vijayawada Expressway: Construction Updates-vijayawada_bypass.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 8th July 2024 at 07:17.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 09:07   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

There also seems to be huge western bypass coming up in Vijayawada on NH16 to bypass the city.
Yes, the bypass is taking shape. I saw a couple of flyovers of this bypass which are almost ready for use. Once operational, this bypass will be a big boon. Vijayawada is one of the few remaining bottlenecks on this route.

Last edited by ashis89 : 8th July 2024 at 09:11.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 22:55   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, the bypass is taking shape. I saw a couple of flyovers of this bypass which are almost ready for use. Once operational, this bypass will be a big boon. Vijayawada is one of the few remaining bottlenecks on this route.
Let's see how fast the greenfield section comes up. Most sections here I can see are under good progress with earthworks on going. Hopefully should complete is good time.

The other part I noticed it should cut the Surat-Chennai Expressway somewhere near Mydukur of the Nandlal-Kadappa section. We should see an interchange on NH40 north of Mydukur.

Last edited by ampere : 8th July 2024 at 23:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks