Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2021, 15:00   #1
BHPian

Guidance with itinerary | Visakhapatnam & around for relaxation

Hello Folks,

I have a trip planned up in the month of Sep 2nd week onwards to Vishakapatnam from Bangalore for some work.
Taking this opportunity I would like to explore Vishakapatnam and around. Below is the priority around which I want to plan the itinerary.

1. 2- 3 days max for Vishakapatnam exploration. (Is this enough ?)
2. I heard around Vishakapatnam there are a lot of hill stations worth visiting and staying for relaxation. I am planning a 2 day stay for the same(Only Relaxation)

I have tried searching for the answers online but nothing stands out or it's outdated so would need assistance from folks on the forum on the below items:-

1.Places to visit in Vishakapatnam(Main Attractions)
2.Hill Station or backwaters where I can relax with family( Preferably names of Hotels or Resorts if anyone remembers or had a good experience)
3. Places to enjoy good food
Old 13th August 2021, 21:59   #2
BHPian

re: Guidance with itinerary | Visakhapatnam & around for relaxation

Hi Artyom, 2 to 3 days should be sufficient to explore Vishakhapatnam.

> Take train to Araku valley which has some beautiful scenic route, explore nearby places like Burra caves etc and retire for the night in Araku AP Tourism resort or Tyda Hartiha Jungle Bells resort (I prefer the later).
> you can spend the next day exploring places in Vizag like Rushikonda, RK beach, Kailash giri hill, Thotlakonda, Submarine museum, Bheemili beach etc.
Plymouth_Fury is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 12:50   #3
BHPian

re: Guidance with itinerary | Visakhapatnam & around for relaxation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plymouth_Fury View Post
> Take train to Araku valley which has some beautiful scenic route, explore nearby places like Burra caves etc and retire for the night in Araku AP Tourism resort or Tyda Hartiha Jungle Bells resort (I prefer the later).
> you can spend the next day exploring places in Vizag like Rushikonda, RK beach, Kailash giri hill, Thotlakonda, Submarine museum, Bheemili beach etc.
Thanks for the suggestions brother. Quick question though. From Bangalore to Visakhapatnam it shows 3 routes which one is the best ?
Old 16th August 2021, 22:13   #4
BHPian

Re: Guidance with itinerary | Visakhapatnam & around for relaxation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Thanks for the suggestions brother. Quick question though. From Bangalore to Visakhapatnam it shows 3 routes which one is the best ?
Apologize for delay in response.

In Jan we came from Vizag to Bengaluru in car, and this is the route we took. VIZAG > Nellore > Tirupati > Kanipakam > Bengaluru

The roads were very good and we were able to maintain consistent speeds. However from Naidupeta (I think, if I recollect correctly) towards Bengaluru the roads were bad as there was construction going on.
Plymouth_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 23:44   #5
BHPian

Hi, I am from Vizag.

There`s a lot of places to visit in Visakhapatnam. Evening Stroll on the Beach road is the best.

Some Must Visit Places:

1. Rushikonda Beach (for Morning Sunrise)
2. Submarine Museum
3. TU- 142 Aircraft Museum
4. Kailash Giri Hill
5. Tenneti Park
6. Thotlakonda Hill

All the Above are on the coast line. Serial No. 2,3,4 & 5 are in 5 km radium of each other. 1 & 6 can be done together

Best and Reasonble place to stay would be at Rushikonda Beach. Check online for APTDC hotels at Rushikonda.

Another Private hotel that i can suggest would be Hotel Sea Green. Its right on the beach and walking distance to Serial No. 2 & 3

Hope this helps.

Abbas.
Abbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 00:10   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Everyone has more or less given the rough idea of Vizag. For staying options, apart from The Park which is right on the beach, the Rushikonda Haritha property is very nice just for its location and views of the coastline from almost all the rooms. I can though, add a thing or two about Araku Valley. Choose to stay at Ananthgiri Haritha Resort, it’s on the outskirts of Araku and is a fantastically well made place. Visit the nearby falls(plenty of them) and do give a visit to Ketaki Falls specially if you are going just after the monsoons. Not many people know about it but it’s a fun walk beside the railway tunnel and through a narrow 1 km hike. The end result can be a hit or miss, given how you enjoy taking the sights along. While you are at it, do enjoy the sumptuous Bamboo Chicken which are found in aplenty in nearby areas.

Guidance with itinerary | Visakhapatnam & around for relaxation-410785f97f7d4720b5ba6e219c06bfeb.jpeg

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 17th August 2021 at 00:17.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 01:47   #7
BHPian

Road to Yarada beach is via a small hillock and offers fabulous view of the beach from a height. The sea is rough though. I do not suggest to get into the water there.
Rushikonda beach is a neat and clean beach. I think there is fresh water bath available at the beach. Not sure though.
Road to Bheemili beach is ~25km and along the coast but you will encounter too many speed breakers.
There is a stranded ship near Tenneti park. You can go close it and not every day you come across cargo vessels that has run aground.
Eastern ghats are not as high as Western ghats. So Araku will not be in the league of popular ones like Kodai or Munnar but still a beautiful place.
If you have the legs to take a 5km hike, read about Vanjangi. It is a rage on Instagram off late.

I usually visit Tycoon and other Daspalla chain of hotels. Nothing great about them. I go there for sheer nostalgia.
Flying Spaghetti Monster is my current favorite place. Cuisine is Italian.
Do not go looking for sea food unless someone recommends!
papr23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 10:06   #8
BHPian

Thanks, Folks for all the suggestions, and below is the final itinerary:-

1. Leave Bangalore and reach Vijaywada(Halt for Night) on 6th Sep,21
2. Leave Vijaywada and reach Vikshakapatnam by afternoon (1 Night stay at Dolphin Hotel) on 7th Sep,21. By evening my cousins will also join me .
3.8th and 9th will be staying at Gateway Hotel(So 2.5 days for Local sightseeing in Vishakapatnam)
4.10th will leave for Araku valley( Jungle Hills Resort) and will stay there till 11th
5.12th Morning will leave for Vijaywada(Night Halt)
6.13th Morning will leave from Vijaywada to reach Bangalore

Quick question. Are there any travel restrictions to and from Bangalore to AP or TS. Would appreciate any assitance in this respect.
Old 31st August 2021, 12:46   #9
BHPian

The only restriction currently in AP is night curfew from 11PM to 6AM. No restriction on movement on highways. This is valid till Sept 4th. Next circular will be out in few days and either the night curfew will be relaxed or they will continue the same but it will not become stricter for sure.
When you are crossing border into AP, the police will be checking for alcohol. Even during the 1st wave, they were interested in checking for alcohol in the car instead of e-pass! There is no e-pass requirement now.
papr23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 07:51   #10
BHPian

Thanks to everyone who shared their valuable suggestions.
We completed the trip and are back in Bangalore.
Could not visit Araku due to a change in plans.
Here is the travelogue

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showt...errerid=574755 (Bangalore to Vizag | Monsoon & Scenic Views | 2354 Km | Creta 1.6P)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks