Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2018, 23:26   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
you completed the climb in 70 mins? That is some achievement.

The last time I went climbing, about 6 years back, I took around 4 hours
I think it is a typing mistake. Even I had taken about 4 hours to reach the top of the hills with multiple breaks.

I believe Srivari Mettu is not the regular stairs, where it takes about 1.30 hrs to reach the top of hills.

Last edited by fusionbang : 11th September 2018 at 23:28.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 23:32   #1082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you completed the climb in 70 mins?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I think it is a typing mistake. Even I had taken about 4 hours to reach the top of the hills with multiple breaks.
I believe there is another steep stairs where it takes about 1.30 hrs to reach the top of hills.
There is no typing mistake. Alipiri route steps which is most common and popular will take anywhere between 3 to 4 hours normally and depends on one's stamina. Initially you have to climb steep steps (1000+) upto gali gopuram and after that you have to walk for several kms in this route and again climb last leg of steps to reach near Tirumala Toll gate.

Me and Suresh do take the other steps via Srivarimettu which has 2388 steps (Just 100% steps and no walking at all) and this will take you directly to pretty close to Vaikuntam Q complex area. To climb these steps, it takes about 1 hour to 1.30 hours normally and for little older/elderly people about 2 hours max.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 08:55   #1083
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Srivari Mettu takes less time. Last year, I had done it in 1 hr 5 mins, out of which 10 mins were for token. Effective climbing time of 55 mins. Alipiri is longer. Few years back I used to take that route, which took me between 2.5 hrs to 3 hrs, depending on whether I am alone or with someone.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 12:16   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I climbed by the Srivari Mettu route that has 2388 steps. This should take less time compared to Alipiri route that has more than 3500 steps. Alipiri route is a combination of both steps and road. Steps become very steep as you approach Kaligopuram after which you have more of road to trek. Alipiri route should take about 3 to 3.5 hrs to climb

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.kulkarni View Post
I need some advice, i am travelling to tirupathi with my family on Friday Sept 14th. We have rs300 tickets booked for 3pm Darshan.
I am travelling from Yelahanka, Bangalore with my 2 kids and 3 elderly citizens and my wife in XUV500.
For 3 PM darshan, you should be in the queue by 2 PM max. That implies you should reach your accommodation in Tirumala by at least 12 30 PM. It would be better if you plan to leave Bangalore by 6 or 6 30 AM.

Since you stay in Yelahanka, better stick to the Old Madras Road.

Last edited by ampere : 10th October 2018 at 06:37. Reason: Merged; compacted
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 23:01   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Hey, me too traveling this friday afternoon to Tirupati but for Saturday morning Darshan. Please read my post #1069 in this same thread and audioholic's post before mine. This is the best route available currently to Tirupati/Tirumala in current situation. You have both gmaps route for Tirupati in my post and Tirumala directly in audioholic's post.

-Ravi
Thanks a lot! Will most likely stick to this route!

Regards!
Arun
Old 16th September 2018, 01:00   #1086
BHPian

Quote:

The last time I went climbing, about 6 years back, I took around 4 hours
There are two routes to climb up to Tirumala hills. One route takes around three & half or four hours and the other around an hour and fifteen minutes.

Regards,
Narayan.
Old 23rd September 2018, 21:15   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Completed a Bangalore-Tirupati-Bangalore trip on 14th & 15th September last week. Like my earlier trip, took Bangalore-Mulbagal-Punganur-Kallur-Tirupati route with one exception that instead of going via Pakala, sticked to the Chittoor-Kadapa highway all the way till Puttalapattu and took left turn, as we were cross in peak hours post dark. In Return journey on 15th september, cam back via Pakala but in same route. Overall driving time was approximately 4 hours for ~250 kms distance, plus breaks.

One major complaint for this route is unmarked speed breakers, particularly in turns, so you have to be careful.

Regarding darshan, we booked Rs. 300 tickets at 10 am slot. We thought since it is Brahmotsavam time, it will be super crowded. But surprisingly there was no crowd. We entered the queue at 9.35 am and finished darshan in 1 hour 10 minutes. The queue kept moving and we were not locked in cages. Even while seeing the lord, no one pushed us due to less crowd, so we were able to see the lord peacefully and more satisfactorily for longer time (read more seconds) than usual. Felt very happy to get a quick 1 hour darshan on saturday that too during Brahmotsavam!

So waiting for permission from lord until he allows us to see him another time soon Hope it is not too late.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 06:53   #1088
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Like my earlier trip, took Bangalore-Mulbagal-Punganur-Kallur-Tirupati route with one exception that instead of going via Pakala, sticked to the Chittoor-Kadapa highway all the way till Puttalapattu and took left turn, as we were cross in peak hours post dark.
In spite of the peaceful drive all the way that last section to Tirupati is actually extremely painful thanks to constant buses and trucks end to end. In fact last time coming back, I breathed a sigh of relief once I exited to Pakala road!
Old 8th October 2018, 11:48   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Will be driving to Tirupati tomorrow morning, how is the road conditions via pajama post the rains ? I am guessing this is still the better route than via Chittoor and NH4 ?
Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 11:43   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Will be driving to Tirupati tomorrow morning, how is the road conditions via pajama post the rains ? I am guessing this is still the better route than via Chittoor and NH4 ?
Thanks
Hi, Looks like there is typo in the place name you mentioned (pajama). Can you please clarify which route conditions you are referring to, so that our members can help accordingly. If you go through the below thread (about 10 or 20 posts), most of your questions will be answered for those who are traveling from Bangalore.

-Ravi
Old 28th October 2018, 07:32   #1091
BHPian

Friends,

Does anyone know the latest on Bangalore-Chittoor-Tirupati route conditions? I have a drive coming up on 1-Nov, in a brand new Jazz

Last edited by prashkul : 28th October 2018 at 07:40.
Old 28th October 2018, 22:28   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Friends,

Does anyone know the latest on Bangalore-Chittoor-Tirupati route conditions? I have a drive coming up on 1-Nov, in a brand new Jazz
Please avoid it completely as it is still not good to take this route for Tirupati. Since you have brand new Jazz, no second thoughts at all

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 06:52   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Please avoid it completely as it is still not good to take this route for Tirupati. Since you have brand new Jazz, no second thoughts at all

-Ravi
Thanks Ravi. Which alternate route would you suggest?
Google is showing following options:

1. Blore-Hoskote-Chintamani-Madanapalle-Pileru-Tirupati
250km/5h51m
2. Blore-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Chittoor-Pakala-Tirupati
307km/5h18m

I don't mind some extra distance to get good roads and refreshment options. Wouldn't I run into same poor road conditions (that we're trying to avoid by not taking Kolar route) if I take the Vellore route?
Old 29th October 2018, 07:15   #1094
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. Blore-Hoskote-Chintamani-Madanapalle-Pileru-Tirupati
250km/5h51m
If you are planning from North Banagalore, this is a good option.

Else the other option is to just avoid the Palamaner-Chitoor section.

Bypass Option

From Kallur you can take either Pakala option, if head to south or via Rompicherla if heading north.

Last edited by ampere : 30th October 2018 at 07:50. Reason: typo fixed
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 10:25   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

I would suggest you to go via Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore route to Tirupati. You are guaranteed of 4 lane roads till Vellore. Vellore to Chittoor by pass is WIP but no issues if you are driving in the day time.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks