Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2015, 11:38   #781
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
Are there any good hotels in Kolar, I mean with out getting into town?
Vasudev Adigas which comes before next to Kolar on to your right is good enough. Always we stop there for breakfast, on our long drives.

Quote:
I booked e Darshan @ Rs 300 each for three of us two days ago. No option for booking accomodation was available. As an aside, when you look at e Accom the whole of March was shown full for all categories
Yes, rooms will not be vacant on Tirumala, to get a booking you have to get the slot at least 60-45 days before. Do you have any plans to give your hair? In that case I suggest you to go Tirupathi a day before, go to Tirumala, do the ritual and come back. On the day of darshan, you can go from Tirupathi itself and park your car near Lepakshi and join the 300 Queue. Hope it helps.

-Sai
Old 20th March 2015, 11:55   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
Vasudev Adigas which comes before next to Kolar on to your right is good enough. Always we stop there for breakfast, on our long drives.

Apologies, I should have clarified, I meant hotel to stay over night, not restaurant. I normally stay back in Blore at Bowrings, but this time we have to reach Tirumala by 2 PM for E darshan Q, for a techincal reason we cant start before 10 AM where ever we stay. Hence wanted to stay at Kolar to save 2 hours of driving that morning.

Yes, rooms will not be vacant on Tirumala, to get a booking you have to get the slot at least 60-45 days before. Do you have any plans to give your hair? In that case I suggest you to go Tirupathi a day before, go to Tirumala, do the ritual and come back. On the day of darshan, you can go from Tirupathi itself and park your car near Lepakshi and join the 300 Queue. Hope it helps.

-Sai
Stay at Tirupati is not an issue as I normally park at Fortune Kenses or Ridge.
Thanks Anyways
vu2pmc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 10:29   #783
BHPian

Hi there,

If I want to cross Blore city from Mysore side around 4 PM on Thursday, would you suggest me driving right inside the city by taking MG road or use ring road? I need to reach Kolar. If ring road, can someone please advice me the details?
Old 21st March 2015, 10:39   #784
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi there,

If I want to cross Blore city from Mysore side around 4 PM on Thursday, would you suggest me driving right inside the city by taking MG road or use ring road? I need to reach Kolar. If ring road, can someone please advice me the details?
The question is where would you be at 4PM? Entrance of Mysore road to Bangalore? Because if yes, then going through the city would be a pain.

And the bypass options are longer. Hence dont know, if I should suggest.

Mysore-Srirangapatna-Pandavpura-Neligere-Belur Cross - Dobbaspet - Doddaballapur - Devanahalli - Vijaypura - Kolar. Its about 50km more. But no city traffic and a peaceful road.

Route Link

But please have GPS in handy so that you dont lose your way.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 10:46   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The question is where would you be at 4PM? Entrance of Mysore road to Bangalore? Because if yes, then going through the city would be a pain.

And the bypass options are longer. Hence dont know, if I should suggest.

Mysore-Srirangapatna-Pandavpura-Neligere-Belur Cross - Dobbaspet - Doddaballapur - Devanahalli - Vijaypura - Kolar. Its about 50km more. But no city traffic and a peaceful road.

Route Link

But please have GPS in handy so that you dont lose your way.

Thanks indeed for this,

I intent to drive from Calicut by 10ish in the morning via Bathery, Gundlupet and need to reach Kolar. I hope the route you have suggested is the best.
Thanks for the link, have already created google route as a GPX.
Old 21st March 2015, 11:31   #786
Distinguished - BHPian

I wouldnt suggest that route. It is a two laned road and Keeping a steady pace is difficult in this stretch since there will be a lot of local traffic in the form of mini lorries, tempo, random two wheeler and not to forget stray cattle. My native comes on this road 8km before Kolar but still I wouldn't recommend this road given your source and destination. Lately, due to a surge in the number of industries in that region, traffic has started to increase and the extra distance is not worth.

Instead, leave a bit early such that you enter Bangalore city at 3Pm and pass through the city. Given the fact that the Nayandahalli Flyover has opened, traffic is not very dense in the afternoon or alternatively, you can take left at the junction and take the ring road all the way to KR Puram. From there, Kolar is a matter of 40mins. However, by chance you land here at 5Pm or later, prepare yourselves for dinner in Bangalore and then leave to Kolar
Old 21st March 2015, 11:43   #787
BHPian

Thanks indeed... I'll try to cross Blore by 3 ish..
Old 21st March 2015, 16:21   #788
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I wouldnt suggest that route. It is a two laned road and Keeping a steady pace is difficult in this stretch since there will be a lot of local traffic in the form of mini lorries, tempo, random two wheeler and not to forget stray cattle. My native comes on this road 8km before Kolar but still I wouldn't recommend this road given your source and destination. Lately, due to a surge in the number of industries in that region, traffic has started to increase and the extra distance is not worth.
Do you mean the Devanahalli Vijayapura road is high on traffic? Did not know about that. At least I found NH207 to be quite peaceful.
Old 21st March 2015, 17:54   #789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean the Devanahalli Vijayapura road is high on traffic? Did not know about that. At least I found NH207 to be quite peaceful.
Yes I forgot to mention in specific. NH207 is pretty good. From devanhalli to Kolar was a superb route sometime back. These days, either it is traffic or road widening or something that spoils the fun. This road is shortly going to be widened into a four lane road. That should slightly improve things for a few years, after which the proposed industrial hubs on the way will again spoil the road.

Night driving in this road is even tricky since there are some unexpected curves along tank bunds which are a risk for people who haven't travelled here before.
Old 21st March 2015, 23:09   #790
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yes I forgot to mention in specific. NH207 is pretty good. From devanhalli to Kolar was a superb route sometime back. These days, either it is traffic or road widening or something that spoils the fun. This road is shortly going to be widened into a four lane road. That should slightly improve things for a few years, after which the proposed industrial hubs on the way will again spoil the road.
Yes 4-laning of NH207 is indeed a transient problem. But otherwise it was a fantastic 2-lane end to end. In spite of truck traffic I would still prefer this option to going through the city. But the only issue that eats me is that this option costs an extra 50km which in effect negates the advantage of the bypass.

Quote:
Night driving in this road is even tricky since there are some unexpected curves along tank bunds which are a risk for people who haven't travelled here before.
+1 No night driving for me too on these roads.
Old 22nd March 2015, 20:53   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Are there any good hotels in Kolar, I mean with out getting into town? I am aware of Woodys near the medical college, I am afraid, it is not in a good shape, I am told.
I had been to Tirupati recently. For the onward journey,we had breakfast at Woody's and found the food and hotel to be good
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:19   #792
Distinguished - BHPian

Woodys is battling hard and hence the food is decent, if not to the likes of Adigas. Until Adigas opened, they had a monopoly in that region and hence people had no option but to eat whatever they prepared. After a bad phase they are working hard to improve since the outlets near adigas are giving stiff competition.

In fact there is not a single decent hotel inside Kolar either. People need to travel to either woodys or adigas to catch some food. Hence Woodys have an advantage here since its closer to the town. They are banking upon that aspect these days and are improving.
Old 25th March 2015, 11:26   #793
BHPian

Bangalore Tirupati package

Hi,

Please suggest the best package for Tirupati from in a bus which takes from Bangalore and takes care of everything and brings back. It is for a elderly couple.

Thanks.
Old 25th March 2015, 11:31   #794
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore Tirupati package

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Please suggest the best package for Tirupati from in a bus which takes from Bangalore and takes care of everything and brings back. It is for a elderly couple.
Check the ITDC or KSTDC package. They seem to be good.
Old 25th March 2015, 11:38   #795
BHPian

Re: Bangalore Tirupati package

Quote:
Check the ITDC or KSTDC package. They seem to be good.
Thanks Ampere.

I am looking for a bus which takes today and brings back tomorrow and takes care of the darshan, lodging etc.

I remember few years back, someone from my circle had gone but now I am not sure which bus to book for this.

Please suggest me some names of operators as they plan to leave today itself.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks