Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2014, 12:07   #691
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

How far is Tirupathi from Mulbagal ? Distance and Approx Time ?

Where did you stay ? Are there Private hotels at Tirumala ? Or is it only TTD Guest Houses ? Booking on arrival , or in advance ?
Its about 150km, should take about 3-3.5 hours with sedate driving.

There are no private hotels in Tirumala. TTD does not allow them. The only choices of accommodation are TTD guest houses or mutt guest houses. For TTD, you can book directly with them. For mutts, you need to be attached or influenced.

Hotel Mayura and Woodlands at Tirumala are decent hotels which have been serving for many years.

There are CCDs enroute - After Kolar, Before Palamaner, Before Chittoor. So you are covered for breaks and rest rooms. Bans Hotel in Chittoor bye-pass is another option.

Bhimas Residency, Fortune Kences and Bliss are good stay options in Tirupati.
Bhimas Residency. Bliss and Sindhuri Park have good veg food options.

Quote:
OMG !!
You just got me seated on the edge of my chair.

Really, is it so tiring and bad ? I am travelling with a kid and aged parents. Your experience makes me worried.
Its my first long drive out of KA, rather Bangalore and it nearbys. So I was expecting some peaceful driving. I know that till Mulbagal its 100kms approx worth of 4 laned divided highways. How far is Tirupathi from Mulbagal, on Undivided highway ? Worried, since you mention that oncoming traffic is very rash. :(
I understand that you are being paranoid considering your first trip out of Bangalore, but don't you worry. Regarding the drive, you just need to stay focused on the road and maintain sedate speed so you'll be under control against the unruly traffic.

Tirumala darshan has been like this for a few years now. Frankly, there have been cases where people got lucky with <2hour Darshan as well. It has been unpredictable at most times. In your case, you are anyway better off taking the infant and elderly queue, which means you are entering the temple main entrance directly. It is just that push/pull you would have to manage from thereon.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 02:57   #692
Senior - BHPian

So here is the update from me, after visiting the TTD Office, Jayanagar.

eDarsharn Tickets - Rs 300 - Unavailable till 06th October 2014.
Senior Citizens - Above 65 Years - Direct queue, upon presenting proof of age. 1 person can accompany the senior citizen.
Infants - Mundan can be done directly, no need to book any ticket in advance. Upon completion of mundan, the parents can join the infants queue by producing the birth certificate.

With all these uncertain things, which does not guarantee a darshan within a stipulated time, my wife and aged parents are reluctant to go.

They are saying that we should book tickets now for October darshan and then depending upon situation, we would join the infants are senior citizen queue.

Spoke to a travel operator for package tours.
The package tours too doesn't guarantee a darshan within a stipulated time. They take you there, book a ticket and put you in the queue, no time guaranteed.

With all these, our trip is most likely to get delayed till October :(
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 10:22   #693
BHPian

Quote:
So here is the update from me

Like I said, Tirumala darshan has become like this for quite sometime now. You are actually in a better situation with access to the easiest of all queues - infant and elderly. If you can't make it now, it is going to be always difficult.
Old 15th August 2014, 12:51   #694
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Keep two things in mind:

- If possible avoid Darshan on a weekend or holiday
- Dont go there on festivals

Even now I would say staying in Tirupathi is worth it. You can surely get the Darshan done in 1 day. (Morning to evening). If you split into elderly and infant, one adult go with mom/dad and one with the kid. That way you should be done.

I agree its not the best approach and you would like to visit the temple as one. But my take it should work.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 14:05   #695
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With all these uncertain things, which does not guarantee a darshan within a stipulated time, my wife and aged parents are reluctant to go.

They are saying that we should book tickets now for October darshan and then depending upon situation, we would join the infants are senior citizen queue.
None of the tickets/entries like infant/senior citizen can guarantee timely/good Darshan.
An alternate strategy is to book for one of the seva/poojas like Kalyanotsavam. This will guarantee time and quality of Darshan as you will be seated near the deity during the pooja. Unlike other darshans you will not be pushed around and 'jaragified' by the staff there limiting you to just a few seconds to get a glimpse of the Lord
I know someone visiting from abroad who just did this and they had an excellent trip.
They also got accommodation booked at Tirumala in one of the ttd complex guesthouses so it took care of the mundan too.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 16:52   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Why don't you try for Suprabatha seva, Dolotsavam or kalyanutsavam. In suprabatha seva, you get a chance to be seated very close to god.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 00:36   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Like I said, Tirumala darshan has become like this for quite sometime now. You are actually in a better situation with access to the easiest of all queues - infant and elderly. If you can't make it now, it is going to be always difficult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Keep two things in mind:
Thanks luvurride, ampere, for keeping the spirit alive and inspiring me to make the trip.

Quote:
Even now I would say staying in Tirupathi is worth it. You can surely get the Darshan done in 1 day. (Morning to evening). If you split into elderly and infant, one adult go with mom/dad and one with the kid. That way you should be done.
I agree its not the best approach and you would like to visit the temple as one. But my take it should work.
Yes, I have almost made up my mind that whenever I go, stay would be at Tirupathi and not Tirumala.
Darshan can be completed in a day, but my concern is keeping a 1.2 yrs old engaged in a cage for 10 hours approx.

I am looking for someone who has gone through the infants or senior citizens queue, for a first hand experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
An alternate strategy is to book for one of the seva/poojas like Kalyanotsavam. This will guarantee time and quality of Darshan as you will be seated near the deity during the pooja. Unlike other darshans you will not be pushed around and 'jaragified' by the staff there limiting you to just a few seconds to get a glimpse of the Lord .
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Why don't you try for Suprabatha seva, Dolotsavam or kalyanutsavam. In suprabatha seva, you get a chance to be seated very close to god.
Thanks NPV, Suresh. I never thought from that angle !! That sounds like a good way to get darshan. But the question remains - How expensive can these poojas get ? Within a thousand is ok, but if they start demanding couple of thousands, it may become become a bad experience.
I am from Puri, Orissa (Jagannath Dham) and am very familiar of forced poojas and hundi donations and stuff like that. I was hearing that Tirumala is going that way. Hope I am wrong.
Will check Online and then call up TTD Office to check the various pooja offers to have a better darshan.
Old 16th August 2014, 01:23   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for someone who has gone through the infants or senior citizens queue, for a first hand experience.
Soumyajit,

Few suggestions.

I've used infants queue called as "Supadham" queue personally myself for my daughter and it works very well for those who have infants <= 1 year. Ofcourse, you need to carry DOB certificate, just incase, if they ask, but usually won't unless they suspect. There is no waiting in cage, and the queue joins just after all the cage ends and for sure, you can see the lord in 1 hour from the point you enter till you see the lord. It may take another 15 or 20 minutes for you to come out of temple in exit queue, but still end-to-end you will be out in 1.5 hours.

But the downside is your aged parents cannot accompany you, your wife and kid in the infants supadham queue, but you can check in the entrance once, but i doubt it. They will ask them to go in senior citizen queue only which should typically take about 2 to 3 hours including waiting time.

In that case, i may suggest you this, if its possible for your parents to go without your presence/help. Please see if this works for you.

On Day-2 (preferably not on Saturday/Sunday),

1) First Finish Mundan (free of cost) for your kid
2) Then Leave your parents in Senior Citizens queue. They have to wait for an hour or so and when senior citizen queue is allowed, all other queues are stopped so that aged people are not pushed by young people. Ask them to finish darshan and wait just outside the sanctum sanctorum (near the Gold Well or within the inner prakaram ). Check with TTD for Senior Citizens queue entry timings.
3) You, your wife and kid go to supadham queue and it will take max 1 to 1.5 hours to finish darshan. You can meet your parents near Gold Well/Inner prakaram. I entered the supadham queue around 3 pm but there is one entry in the morning as well. Please check with TTD for current timings.

As ampere, NPV, suregh and luvurride suggested, I would strongly recommend to stay in Tirupati and not in tirumala which will be more comfortable. and go on a weekday rather than a weekend/holiday/festival/Ekadashi day. Try for Seva tickets (particularly Kalyanotsavam which costs Rs.1000 for a couple) but it is difficult to get. You need to wear dhoti (no shirts) and ladies with saree for any seva tickets darshan.

Also, Sept 15 to Oct 15 is "Purattasi" month and brahmotsavam happens in Tirumala/Tirupati and there will be several lacs of devotees visiting the pilgrim town. So for you, i would not recommend to defer the trip till October. This month Aug is comparatively better. Just take off on wednesday/thursday/friday which is best.

Please note that whichever queue you take (including Seva/pooja tickets, any other paid queue like Rs.50,Rs.300 etc, except Suprabhatham), the last section after Silver door and just before the lords sanctum sanctorum there is going to be huge push & pull and very crowded. So take utmost care of your kid by holding him/her close to your chest.

BTW, i would beg to differ with Pavam Kadam in most of the points (Sorry Pavan - no offence) but it could be a one of case and it is purely his experience.

IMO, you are doing good in planning and preparing well (when you have kid and aged parents onboard) as planning is very important. However, please don't get me wrong, planning too much and thinking a lot is also not good as you will not be happy if things don't go as per your plan. Do required plan and let go things to certain extent and you will be fine. Just my personal opinion as a friend Sorry if it was an offending comment.

Remember, as many say (particularly for a Tirupati trip), only if the Lord Balaji wants to see you and your family, you will be able to get darshan. Otherwise, whatever effort you take and stand upside down, nothing works ! And this is the personal experience for many many devotees. And of course, its also true that a good change in life happens after a Tirupati visit.

So don't worry or think too much. Just pray god, have full faith and go for darshan, and you will be blessed. Have a safe trip and good darshan !

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 16th August 2014 at 01:28.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 09:05   #699
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks NPV, Suresh. I never thought from that angle !! That sounds like a good way to get darshan. But the question remains - How expensive can these poojas get ? Within a thousand is ok, but if they start demanding couple of thousands, it may become become a bad experience.
No demand/bribe, etc is involved here. The rates for each of the poojas is fixed by TTD and available on their website, please check. You should be able to book for these poojas either online or at the TTD office.
Once you book for the pooja, your time slot will be given and you need to plan to be in the queue in time for that.

Last edited by NPV : 16th August 2014 at 09:07.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2014, 11:11   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Keep two things in mind:

Dear BHPians

Just back after a wonderful Darshan in Tirupathi. The drive part has been already discussed.

Took me door to door 6:30 hrs but being there on the first auspicious day after Aashada had strained every facility (food was an issue)

I completely agree on the above statement. Avoid long weekends , holidays and auspicious days !!
Old 17th August 2014, 11:40   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Dear BHPians

Just back after a wonderful Darshan in Tirupathi. The drive part has been already discussed.

Took me door to door 6:30 hrs but being there on the first auspicious day after Aashada had strained every facility (food was an issue)

I completely agree on the above statement. Avoid long weekends , holidays and auspicious days !!
Generally rush is less on Tuesday and wednesdays assuming no holiday falls on these days. Sometimes the rush on Sundays can extend into Mondays as well.
Old 21st August 2014, 00:08   #702
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks luvurride, ampere, for keeping the spirit alive and inspiring me to make the trip.

Yes, I have almost made up my mind that whenever I go, stay would be at Tirupathi and not Tirumala.
Darshan can be completed in a day, but my concern is keeping a 1.2 yrs old engaged in a cage for 10 hours approx.

I am from Puri, Orissa (Jagannath Dham) and am very familiar of forced poojas and hundi donations and stuff like that. I was hearing that Tirumala is going that way. Hope I am wrong.
Will check Online and then call up TTD Office to check the various pooja offers to have a better darshan.
You go to see the lord, only when its time to Go and see him.

My advice is, Dont push yourself and your family into an ordeal they cant take. It will be extremely tough for an infant to go through the ordeal, and equally taxing to your aged parents. Kindly avoid taking your infant on this trip untill they are big enough. It was heartbreaking to see my younger brother manage his 2 year old son, and my 8 year old daughter and my relatives 10 year old son cried standing in the Q, when i went there couple of days ago.

The authorities have enough and more funds to develop the infrastructure to easen the process, but they do very little to help change the cause
Old 21st August 2014, 09:16   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
You go to see the lord, only when its time to Go and see him.

My advice is, Dont push yourself and your family into an ordeal they cant take. It will be extremely tough for an infant to go through the ordeal, and equally taxing to your aged parents. Kindly avoid taking your infant on this trip untill they are big enough. It was heartbreaking to see my younger brother manage his 2 year old son, and my 8 year old daughter and my relatives 10 year old son cried standing in the Q, when i went there couple of days ago.

The authorities have enough and more funds to develop the infrastructure to easen the process, but they do very little to help change the cause
I agree with what you have mentioned about improving infrastructure. At the same time, the public should follow some basic ethics. We have the public housed in compartments waiting for their turn. The moment the gatekeeper unlocks the door, people flock towards the gate in a moment of despair making things even worse. This is where if the public follows some basic rules like people sitting in front trow leave first followed by the next row, I am sure much of the ordeal will come down drastically.
Old 21st August 2014, 09:52   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
There is some good news on this front. Just day before yesterday I came to know that they are planning to introduce e-tickets, which will have a date and time stamped on it with a amount of 300/- per head. With these tickets we can visit the temple at the stipulated time which would ease the process to a greater extent. IMO they should also look at widening the queues near that small bridge and just before where the queues merge and it is really suffocating especially when you have childrens along with you.

It is a good move by the authorities and wish it will ease out on the number of hours consumed for darshan.

Lord Venkateshwara help us
Old 21st August 2014, 18:09   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
I agree with what you have mentioned about improving infrastructure. At the same time, the public should follow some basic ethics. We have the public housed in compartments waiting for their turn. The moment the gatekeeper unlocks the door, people flock towards the gate in a moment of despair making things even worse. This is where if the public follows some basic rules like people sitting in front trow leave first followed by the next row, I am sure much of the ordeal will come down drastically.
Totally agree!! No one is going to be turned away without darshan. So there is no reason to push-pull. I don't know when people will realize this.

I believe the population vs. facilities in our country has really induced this phenomenon in people. It is a rat race everywhere - precisely the reason why a signal-less junction or any queue is chaotic for that matter! People simply cannot follow a queue because they feel that they might miss out! Probably to do with the centuries of being deprived under the British.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks