Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:45   #571
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
We had bought Rs.50 ticket from TTD office in Jayanagar, Bengaluru.
Pls share the exact location of TTD office in Jayanagar. I am in Ecity and planning to take the ticket. I was aware about only the TTD office in Malleswaram.

How about taking the ticket from Tirupati itself ?

Thanks
-Arun
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:13   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunnn View Post
I am planning to visit tirumala on 4-Aug. Is it safe to travel to Andhra due to the Telangana issue.
Not really safe is what I heard. My team member is from Tirupati and he avoided this weekend travel to his home town due to protests. Though crowd is less for darshan if possible best option is to defer your plans.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:13   #573
BHPian

Search for "ttd, 32nd cross, t block, jayanagar, bangalore" google maps
ajitkumarlb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:39   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pls share the exact location of TTD office in Jayanagar. I am in Ecity and planning to take the ticket. I was aware about only the TTD office in Malleswaram.

How about taking the ticket from Tirupati itself ?

Thanks
-Arun
If you can track down Sagar Hospital, bannerghatta road, here are directions.
From Sagar hospital, you begin travelling towards Jayanagar. Take left onto the first main road, and right in the next main road you see. This road goes towards Sanjay Gandhi Hospital. As soon as you take right, park the car. The TTD center is located to the left and can be spotted easily.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 14:21   #575
BHPian

Thanks Ajithkumar and Audioholic for the response.
I got the phone number of Jayanagar TTD office (080 32428926). As per their info, no tickets available till 21-Aug.
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:54   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Why dont you book online? The same 50 Rs. ticket is available. Only thing is that as of now you will get tickets for darshan during october. We booked last month for Aug-17. Think that is much convenient than going to Jaynagar and waiting in the queue. Accomodation is available for the same time too.

Last edited by audioholic : 3rd August 2013 at 20:56.
Old 3rd August 2013, 21:06   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ajithkumar and Audioholic for the response.
I got the phone number of Jayanagar TTD office (080 32428926). As per their info, no tickets available till 21-Aug.
Just an opinion. You may also try for the Rs. 300 ticket after reaching. But what I heard is, heavy rush is expected due to commencement of Shravana masa. In fact my friend is trying for 10-Aug darshan. But I am not very sure whether he will get the ticket!!!

Regards

Samish
Old 6th August 2013, 18:38   #578
BHPian

Hello All, I am planning for a one day trip to Tirupati on Thursday (8/8). Is it safe to travel from Bangalore in this time as agitations are going on? I am planning to take Bangalore- chennai via kolar route. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Last edited by funda2max : 6th August 2013 at 18:38. Reason: Spelling mistake corrected
Old 7th August 2013, 09:16   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Hello All, I am planning for a one day trip to Tirupati on Thursday (8/8). Is it safe to travel from Bangalore in this time as agitations are going on? I am planning to take Bangalore- chennai via kolar route. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks
My friends went last Saturday to Tirupathi. They started from Bangalore at 4:00 am and hit the first dharna/roadblock after Palamner around 7:30 am. They took interior roads suggested by locals and hit another road block/ Dharna between Chittor and Tirupathi. On the way back, they started from Tirupathi at 4:00 am on sunday and hit the road block after Palamner and 5-10 Kim's before Karnataka border. They came through Kuppam, KGF.

I suggest you start at 3:00 am to avoid the road blocks. Apparently the roads blocks are lifted in the night.
sureshurs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 10:07   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
My friends went last Saturday to Tirupathi. They started from Bangalore at 4:00 am and hit the first dharna/roadblock after Palamner around 7:30 am. They took interior roads suggested by locals and hit another road block/ Dharna between Chittor and Tirupathi. On the way back, they started from Tirupathi at 4:00 am on sunday and hit the road block after Palamner and 5-10 Kim's before Karnataka border. They came through Kuppam, KGF.

I suggest you start at 3:00 am to avoid the road blocks. Apparently the roads blocks are lifted in the night.
Thanks. I started around 4AM and took Vellore route. I could reach Tirupati around 9:30AM, though there was huge traffic jams and blockades (nothing serious). There were lot of protests inside Chitoor and near by areas. Also, Seekradarshan took 3:30hrs as there was huge crowd.
Old 9th August 2013, 17:06   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys we(my family) as mentioned before have managed to get a Sudarshan ticket on Saturday, 10-11PM slot. Though we are aware of the problems on the way, we are interested to have darshan as the day is very auspicious and we do not want to let go of the chance. So I would be thankful to members who have travelled or are travelling in coming days who can share information and updates regarding the conditions, and also the routes, diversions they took in order to bypass the riots. Also if there are any members who are from that region please do share information here. It would be helpful for us to make our journey.
Old 15th August 2013, 21:57   #582
BHPian

Hi All,

just checking again on this thread on the condition of roads and more importantly protests. I plan to visit on Friday 16th Aug or Sat 17th Aug. I have an infant with me so want to be on the safe side and also avoid as much as possible night drives.

Thanks,
S_M
Old 15th August 2013, 22:44   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
I plan to visit on Friday 16th Aug or Sat 17th Aug. I have an infant with me so want to be on the safe side and also avoid as much as possible night drives.
IMHO, although private vehicles are not targeted, traveling at night(11-5) in AP sections is the safest option now.

EDIT: Go only if you have a darshan option booked in advance. In weekends/holidays, if crowd is more, Rs.300 ticket is canceled and Sarvadarshan takes 24+ hours.

Last edited by ramzsys : 15th August 2013 at 22:58.
Old 15th August 2013, 22:46   #584
BHPian

I would advise you to drop the plan. More than the road conditions, it is the safety of you and your family. In fact all the KSRTC buses to Tirupathi have been cancelled.
Even if the safety aspect is sorted out, weekends are expected to have heavy rush for darshan (with the advent of shravana maasa). One my friend's neighbour had visited last weekend. He could not get the ticket itself - they had to return without darshan.

Regards,

Samish
Old 15th August 2013, 23:38   #585
BHPian

Hi folks,

Many thanks for the quick responses. Have heard that private buses are plying in the night but best to reschedule the trip as of now and that's what I will do.

Thank you all.

cheers,
S_M

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks