Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2012, 22:39   #481
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Finally drove to Tirupati on Saturday morning and back on Sunday night. Saw the lord in all his splendor (govinda govinda). Journey was excellent and will update on the journey with some pictures taken form my BB. Did not carry my Nikon gear :-(

Thanks to Fauji and other folks who responded on the route query.
hi, can you guide me on accomadation options and what time you started and what is recommended and any other info is apprecited.

I am planning to leave early morning this saturday and have a darshan of the lord and return on sunday noon via vellore and have a darshan of golden temple too.

thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 08:07   #482
BHPian

Friends,
How are the roads approaching Tirumala (from Bangalore) at present? Last time when I drove (Jan2012), the condition of road was very bad for atleast last 5-10 KMs with huge craters and literally I have to crawl @ 10 kmph to save the car.
Old 25th June 2012, 20:39   #483
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

I plan to visit Tirupati sometime next month along with my less than 1 year old daughter.

I heard that there is separate 'supatham' (not sure about the name) entry for couples with less than 1 year old kid who can get darshan in about 2 to 3 hrs.

Any idea what is the timings to enter that queue? Are there any fixed timings or is it something like they open that queue every 2 hours or so?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks !

-Ravi
Old 26th June 2012, 11:16   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Friends,

I plan to visit Tirupati sometime next month along with my less than 1 year old daughter.

I heard that there is separate 'supatham' (not sure about the name) entry for couples with less than 1 year old kid who can get darshan in about 2 to 3 hrs.

Any idea what is the timings to enter that queue? Are there any fixed timings or is it something like they open that queue every 2 hours or so?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks !

-Ravi
I saw some handicapped persons were given entry at some place near to Temple. Not sure about Parents with 1 year old kid.
Old 26th June 2012, 12:19   #485
Senior - BHPian

I remember, Fauji, mentioned in the past that infants queue is separate.
Not clear whether the supatham queue and infants queue are one & the same.

Also, i plan to start from Bangalore in the morning and reach tirupati for lunch & then join the queue towards evening.

So, if the infants/supatham queue is not open in evening say around 5 pm or so, then its difficult for me to have darshan on sunday morning & return back same day.

-Ravi
Old 27th June 2012, 17:56   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Not clear whether the supatham queue and infants queue are one & the same.

-Ravi
Ravi,

It is better to call TTD's call center which is open 24/7. This will be the best source of authoritative information.

I'm posting the numbers here for the benefit of everyone. You can call them regarding pretty much anything related to Darshan, Stay, Timings, etc.

T.T.D Call Center(24/7) Ph: 0877-2277777, 2233333 & Toll free No: 18004254141

Last edited by luvurride : 27th June 2012 at 17:56. Reason: Grammar
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 18:30   #487
BHPian

I called up the call center today and they say that Darshan Starts at 9:30am
I have read people getting darshan at around 6-8am.

Am i missing something?
Old 19th July 2012, 20:31   #488
Senior - BHPian

I travelled to Tirupati a month back, took the route via Mulbagalu, the road condition is satisfactory only from Mulbagalu to Chittor, road condition was good after Chittor. I could not get the darshan of the lord because of huge crowd, also could not offer my daughter's hair to the lord again because of huge crowd. I had to leave with a big disappointment plus bear the total disarray of sign boards inside Tirupathi. I started at 11.00am in the morning and reached Tirumala by evening at 4.30pm. I again started back for Bangalore at 7.30pm same day and reached home at 2.30am in the midnight

Last edited by deehunk : 19th July 2012 at 20:33.
Old 19th July 2012, 22:00   #489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I could not get the darshan of the lord because of huge crowd, also could not offer my daughter's hair to the lord again because of huge crowd. I had to leave with a big disappointment plus bear the total disarray of sign boards inside Tirupathi. I started at 11.00am in the morning and reached Tirumala by evening at 4.30pm. I again started back for Bangalore at 7.30pm same day and reached home at 2.30am in the midnight

I guess returning the same day must have been hectic and you also must have had your reasons for doing so. What I have experienced is to spread it over three days if there are infants.

- Reach the first day. Check in to a hotel at Tirupathi. Visit Alamelu Mangai that evening.
- Early morning the next leave your car at the hotel. Take the bus to Tirumala. Complete your darshan and come back by evening.
- Laze around that night and drive back on the third day.
Old 19th July 2012, 23:55   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I could not get the darshan of the lord because of huge crowd, also could not offer my daughter's hair to the lord again because of huge crowd.
Are you talking about the weekend of 9-10 June ? If so, what you did is actually better. Me and 4 other friends walked up, it took us 8 hrs for darshan. There were similar estimates flashing on 50 Rs queue as well. A colleague who had been for similar kind of offering, spent 8 hrs for the tonsure (inspite of paying someone money and getting it done) and a whopping 14 hrs for darshan. Local newspapers were reporting excess of 12 hrs on that Friday as well.

How was the traffic during your return drive from Chittoor to Bangalore?
Old 25th July 2012, 15:32   #491
Senior - BHPian

It was on May 28th, i had to blame myself because on the previous day there was an update in local TV channels about the huge rush in Tirumala and also a travel advisory from TTD to not to visit Tirumala.
The next day I took my daughter to Chikka Tirupathi near Malur and completed the tonsure formalities.

ampere,

I had to return from Tirupathi on May 26th itself becoz my wife could not get leave, but becoz I always try to do 24 hour journey as much as possible I am now used to it.

The return journey was not a memorable one becoz there are lot misleading sign boards inside Tirupathi which made me to drive to lot of unwanted places inside the city, I also missed the Chittoor bypass while coming back, but then took a long break at Nandi restaurant, as usual there was lot of trucks on the way back.

Last edited by deehunk : 25th July 2012 at 15:36.
Old 25th July 2012, 17:05   #492
Senior - BHPian

We had been to Tirupati on 11th & 12th July. Though it was a Thursday it took us more than 5 hours to complete the darshan after buying the Rs.300/- ticket. We entered at 8:30 in the morning when the queue was already stretching long.

The last stretch when you enter the Sannidhi my wife had to tie up my daughter with her duppatta to prevent her from moving away while I had to carry my son to prevent him getting crushed by the crowd.

The only way as I see to have a peaceful darshan at Tirupati is to book the seva tickets 3 months in advance at one of the TTD counters since it is never available online when ever I see.
Old 25th July 2012, 17:39   #493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The return journey was not a memorable one becoz there are lot misleading sign boards inside Tirupathi which made me to drive to lot of unwanted places inside the city, I also missed the Chittoor bypass while coming back, but then took a long break at Nandi restaurant, as usual there was lot of trucks on the way back.
The best way to get out of Tiruapti is drive towards Alamelu Manga. And on the way take left on to the Tirupati bypass.

That is the easiest option. (route link)
Old 25th July 2012, 19:07   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
The only way as I see to have a peaceful darshan at Tirupati is to book the seva tickets 3 months in advance at one of the TTD counters since it is never available online when ever I see.
That's exactly what I decided after my trip with colleagues last month. And terribly its the same scenario in Tiruchanur as well
Old 25th July 2012, 20:53   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

One method I would like to share with Fellow bhp-ians regarding darshan in Tirumala. I say this after going through different types of darshans right from the Rs. 50 to a fully VVIP darshan. We visit the place more than once in a year and everytime, the situation gets worser.

There is an arjitha seva called "Angapradakshina". As the name goes, you have to roll around the courtyard of the temple before going in for darshan and this is considered to be a holy service to god. Do not get shocked. This looks difficult when I say, but a lot easier to do. Some details of this seva are:
  • If you want to enroll for this, there is no advance booking. Tickets can be obtained for FREE on the previous day at 6PM at the PRO, near Tirumala bus stand.
  • You can go an hour early to the PRO office and wait outside. There will be a limited queue as this seva is not so popular
  • Reporting time is at 2AM
  • Once ticket issuing starts, its a breeze. You need to walk into the counter, they will take your picture and finger prints and issue a ticket.
  • As told previously, limited number of 750 tickets will be issued in a first come first serve basis.
  • You have to report at 2AM and you might have to wait for fifteen minutes after verification of your ticket inside the queue complex wait patiently as this is nothing compared to the other queue.
  • Traditional clothes is preferred. Usually men are asked to remove shirts during the last leg of the darshan.
  • After verification, and a wait of around 20 mins, you will be let into the main queue. But there is JUST NO QUEUE except for the 750 members(ladies and gentlemen separate). So that makes around 375 men and 375 women.). There is no sarvadarshan, or sheegradarshan, or any sort of people entering the temple except you. There will be a group of Suprabhata and archana sevakarthas but they will not interfere with your movements.
  • The entire temple is empty, there is no other queue and you will literally run from the Q-Complex to the main courtyard of the temple.
  • After reaching the main courtyard, you will be asked to remove shirts. Then one by one, the persons are let to roll around. The temple will be free of other people except for a few persons and officials who guide you or help you in case you are not able to perform the seva.
  • After rolling around the courtyard, you will be allowed for darshan once everyone finishes doing the same. This will take ten minutes.
    Ladies will do the seva first, and they will wait for gents to finish pradakshina before they are let into darshan.
  • Ticket is free, but laddu ticket will be issued for Rs. 5 during ticket verification.
  • You will be out of the temple by maximum 3:30AM, which makes a total time of 1.5 hours. Great, considering tirumala standards. You can take a good nap afterwards.

Why I experienced this seva -
We were a group of nine members and a driver, and two cars. We went to tirumala on the 15th of july. We had a letter from the Government of Karnataka actually, ordering an issual of Accomodation and a VIP break darshan on 16th of July. Accomodation was ensured as the Govt. Office had faxed a copy of the letter to the Karnataka Bhavan guest house and the rooms were average. But to our disappointment, all darshans, right from Rs. 50 till the Break darshan was cancelled due to heavy rush as well as some special event the next day. People were stranded in the queue complex, and on the streets. No accomodation and no darshan.

We had three senior citizens with us and they went into the Senior citizen darshan the same day. With them went three other people as 'attenders'. Ones left were me, my parents. Just no influence, no contact worked that day. A cabinet minister who had issued the letter himself called and told us to wait for a day and he would arrange darshan. However, it was not possible. We had to get home by 16th evening.

We were informed about this Seva by a relative, who had previously performed it. She strongly recommended us trying to get it done. Immediately we rushed to the PRO office. As I have told, we had to wait for one hour as we had reached there by 5:00 PM. At six, tickets were issued. We came back, had dinner and slept. Got up at 1:30 AM and took bath, and was already late. Reached queue complex by 2:10AM, only to find we were not so late. Then tickets were verified, and let into waiting room at 2:15AM. The entire queue network was empty. Waiting room was opened at 2:30AM. Rushed into temple in ten minutes. Had to wait for ladies to finish pradakshina for around ten minutes. After that we went inside for the same. This was the first time me and my parents were into such a thing! I lied down, started rolling. Came one turn, and came the second. Again as I told, it was a breeze. Got up, went outside and again five minute wait.

Was let into the main temple after that, finished darshan. Came out roughly at 3:15 or so. Then had to wait for Laddus and that took a lot of time. Came back to room by 4:00 AM and then slept.

I recommend this to one and all. Definitely better than the regular darshan or even the 300 darshan. Thats because once you enter the complex in those darshans, you are never sure when they will let you out.
For any more details, feel free to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
We had been to Tirupati on 11th & 12th July. Though it was a Thursday it took us more than 5 hours to complete the darshan after buying the Rs.300/- ticket. We entered at 8:30 in the morning when the queue was already stretching long.

The last stretch when you enter the Sannidhi my wife had to tie up my daughter with her duppatta to prevent her from moving away while I had to carry my son to prevent him getting crushed by the crowd.

Sir, for online booking, the tickets for arjitha sevas are released at 12:15AM for the 90th day from the current date. The tickets get exhausted within fifteen minutes for individual sevas. Only group entries like Vasantotsavam and kalyanotsavam are usually available. Two years back, I managed to book only four Archanantara darshan(now non existent) within the time it got exhausted. That is the rate at which tickets are booked in TTDsevaonline.

In the last stretch of the darshan, let people surge ahead and wait patiently. They will be pushed further by volunteers. Watch the Holy God, and stick to the center of the line. Else you are bound to be man-handled by the crowd. This is not present in Angapradakshina

Last edited by audioholic : 25th July 2012 at 20:58.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed