Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2011, 14:49   #226
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

I travelled to Tirumala on NH4 route last Saturday. After the 4 laning till Mulabagilu, drive is easy on the KR Puram - Kolar stretch. I have not travelled via Vellore/Krishnagiri route and hence will not be able to comment. Some very bad stretches on the Chittoor bye pass have been patched up.
Old 14th April 2011, 16:43   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbranded View Post
Hi,
Planning a visit to tirupati this weekend. As i am staying near Silk Board, thinking of taking the Hosur -vellore road (without touching krishnagiri ) to Chittoor and then to Tirupati. Understand its a longer route but thinking about the traffic on NH4, would it be good option?

Anyone been on this route recently?
Cheers
Taking NH4 is still a better option IMO, as the roads are good now rather than taking Hosur route. How would you goto Vellore without touching krishnagiri?

-Ravi
Old 15th April 2011, 10:40   #228
BHPian

Thanks ravi for the info. NH4 seems to be better now and i am tempted to go in that route, provided we are able to start early. Else i am still for the hosur route as crossing bangalore itself will take some time ( am staying in JP Nagar ) .

Maps show a diversion before Krishnagiri from NH7 and then to NH46 without going through the city. I had thought it was a feasible option.

Cheers.
Old 17th May 2011, 07:54   #229
BHPian

Hi friends i am planning to visit tirupathi this week. I am aware of the route from browsing this thread. But i require some details about the dharshan details. I will be visiting tirupathi on any of the weekdays (not on sat and sun).

If i leave my home at 5 AM in the morning, i may reach at 10.30am.

1) Will dharshan be possible throughout the day.
2) Will i get the sheegradharshan ticket at 11 am in the morning once i reach tirupathi

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th May 2011, 10:51   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
2) Will i get the sheegradharshan ticket at 11 am in the morning once i reach tirupathi

Thanks in advance.
Depends of day of the week. Details here. Darshan at Sri Venkateswara Temple
Old 17th May 2011, 10:54   #231
BHPian

Quote:
If i leave my home at 5 AM in the morning, i may reach at 10.30am.

1. Yes Darshan is possible through out the day. Darshan is stopped only for 1-2 hours early in the morning ( 2-4 AM I think ).
2. Yes, you should get the sheegra darshan tickets at any time.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:22   #232
BHPian

Hi friends please suggest me whether to reach kolar will yelahanka- devanahalli will be a better route or KR Puram- hoskote- kolar will be better. I stay in hebbal.

Also suggest me the current best route to tirupathi
Old 24th May 2011, 11:47   #233
BHPian

I think if you are starting early, you can take the ORR from Hebbal and take the KR Puram- Hoskote- Kolar - Chittoor - Tirupathi Route. If you start during the peak traffic time, it would probably be better to take the Devanahalli route.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:12   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends please suggest me whether to reach kolar will yelahanka- devanahalli will be a better route or KR Puram- hoskote- kolar will be better. I stay in hebbal.

Also suggest me the current best route to tirupathi
The best route currently is the Bangalore-Kolar-Chittoor-Tirupati; eversince the 4 lane has been done from KR Puram to Mulabagilu. Since you are in Hebbal it is preferred to take the KR Puram route, then you will have to endure the traffic on the ring road and till KR Puram. After that it is a 4 lane road and you can have a nice drive till Mulabagilu. If you want to take the Devanahalli - Kolar route, then the road is decent (single lane) and minimal traffic. However as you near Kolar town, the roads start to get bad and you have to endure bad roads till you reach the 4 lane NH4.

My recommendation would be to take the KR Puram route and start during non-peak hours.
Old 29th May 2011, 19:49   #235
Team-BHP Support

Update:

I heard today that the bridge at Bagalur is broken. So no point taking the Malur route to Kolar. Stick to the regular NH4 via Hoskote or take the Chintamani route.

EDIT: Overall the status of NH207 seems to be increasing day by day. So looks likes a diversion from Chikka-Tirupati to the Baglur-Malur road may be the missing link to a different ride.

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2011 at 19:57.
Old 30th May 2011, 19:46   #236
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I had visited Tirupathi in the second week of April 2011.
We hired a taxi and started from Bangalore on April 15 at 7:30 pm.
Route Taken: NH 4 - KR Puram-Hoskote-Kolar-Mulbagal-Palamner-Chittoor-Tirupathi

We reached Tirupathi around midnight. Road was excellent all the way. 4 laning is complete from KR Puram all the way upto Mulbagal (few Km after Woody's Restaurant in Kolar). After that it is a single road (2 way traffic).
When nearing Tirupathi you can see several signs for Tirupathi, Tirumala and Srikalahasthi. There is some road widening work in progress about 5Km outside Tirpathi town.
We stayed at Hotel Sindhu International on the highway at the junction to Tirumala - hotel on the right and left is the road towards Tirumala.

Started from the hotel at 5:15 am next morning and reached Tirumala at 6:15 am. The sheegradarshan queue starts near the parking lot itself just opposite the India coffee House (you can see the footpath has a shelter and "Rs.300 entrance" sign there). We started walking in line there and was quick for about 20 minutes and then slowed down. You actually end up walking right round to the Vaikuntam queue complex in the shelter. The Rs.300 ticket is issued at counters just outside the vaikuntam queue complex and then you get into the complex and it's waiting rooms. We reached the ticket counter at 7:45 am and by 8:30 am we had completed our Darshan peacefully ! Issue of tickets re-started at 7 am after the morning round of 4-5 am that day (Saturday).
We headed back to the hotel, checked out and then proceeded to Srikalahasthi and then back to Bangalore at around 8pm, traffic was not bad all the way back.

Here is a pciture of the Rs.300 ticket timings each day of the week.
Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-tirupathi-ticket-timings.jpg

Hope this helps anyone planning to visit soon.
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:39   #237
BHPian

I had visisted tirupati on 27/05/2011. I had travelled through KR Puram-Hoskote-kolar-mulbagal-palamneer-chitoor-tirupathi route.While reaching tirupathi i had taken a left deviation by-passing Chitoor city. The roads were bad for a small strech of 20 kms later it was OK. While returning to Bangalore i came through the Chittor town . Even though the traffic was more , the roads were good.We left Bangalore at 6 AM reached tirupathi at 11AM with 1/2 hr break for breakfast. Entered the Rs.300/-Sheegradarshan ticket entrance. Initially the Q moved fastly then inch by inch people started moving. IT TOOK 6 HOURS FOR THE DHARSHAN. Oh my god i was seriously frustrated. May be this happened because of the of the summer vacation.

Overall the roads were good and till kolar it was absolutely fine then it was two way traffic roads, but the traffic was minimal.
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:25   #238
BHPian

Me too had gone to Tirupathi on 27th, Booked the package ticket in Green Line travels. Everything was planned and organized by the travels. It took 4 hours waiting through sheegradharshan.

Started from Bangalore at 10PM on 26th and reached Tirupathi at 2.30 Am of 27th. Then after Padmavathi temple and Balaji Dharshan in Tirumala he got back us to Bangalore by 8 PM.

The package costs Rs 1250 by a VOLVO B7R, it includes rooms for refreshing,breakfast, Lunch and sheegradharshan ticket. The breakfast and Lunch he offered was really fresh and good.

I can give a if some one is interested in this package.
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:43   #239
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
While reaching tirupathi i had taken a left deviation by-passing Chitoor city. The roads were bad for a small strech of 20 kms later it was OK. While returning to Bangalore i came through the Chittor town .
As you mentioned the road on this stretch is not very good (deviation to by-pass Chitoor town). Also if you are driving late evening-early morning I would suggest avoiding this stretch and just going into the town.
Old 4th June 2011, 23:29   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Me too had gone to Tirupathi on 27th, Booked the package ticket in Green Line travels. Everything was planned and organized by the travels. It took 4 hours waiting through sheegradharshan.

Started from Bangalore at 10PM on 26th and reached Tirupathi at 2.30 Am of 27th. Then after Padmavathi temple and Balaji Dharshan in Tirumala he got back us to Bangalore by 8 PM.

The package costs Rs 1250 by a VOLVO B7R, it includes rooms for refreshing,breakfast, Lunch and sheegradharshan ticket. The breakfast and Lunch he offered was really fresh and good.

I can give a if some one is interested in this package.
Rs.1250/- seems reasonable. Mine being a diesel car+breakfast+lunch+sheegradarshan ticket= approx cost per person worked out at 850/-.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks