Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 22:00   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
Thanks a ton, Nishant - much appreciate it.

I also looked up for feedback on Tripadvisor and have settled for Ronil Beach Resort.

Will have a beer for you, Sir!

Cheers!
Let me know when you are going to be there. Might just join in for a drink Goa is like a 2nd home to me
Old 22nd September 2008, 12:32   #107
BHPian

Sure - lets have a drink. I should be there between 27th and 3rd Oct.
Old 19th October 2008, 20:11   #108
BHPian

Goa first time for the new yrs

Hey guys,

I'm planning to visit GOA during the new yr's time. Tentative dates are 27 dec to 1/2 jan.

Please suggest good/decent place which is not too expensive during that time (1.5 K/nite for a double room). I have never been to goa before and it will be my first visit. I'll have my own car so far off places are not a problem. We would be 6 people with two couples.

I am looking for a decent beach accommodation which is not very crowded. Idea is to visit the crowded/happening places during some days/ new yrs's eve etc ans at the same time enjoy the secluded ambience of the goan beaches at other times.

I have searched a lot on tbhp and am thoroughly confused. There's South Goa, there's north goa ( arambol ) etc there are million beaches. Please suggest .

Also, I believe bookings will have to be made in advance. Hence, want to be sure that the place I'm booking is actually good. Desperately, need your inputs.

Thanks.

Naman
Old 19th October 2008, 21:32   #109
Senior - BHPian

Don't stay in South Goa. The happening places and beaches will be in North Goa. Last week I went o Goa, I stayed in Candolium,Valentine's Retreat.They charged Rs.800 per room with A/c. Since it was an off season, the room rent was cheap. In season you may expect the same to cost around 1800/day. Suggest you stay in North goa itself.
Old 20th October 2008, 07:00   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman View Post
Hey guys,

I'm planning to visit GOA during the new yr's time. Tentative dates are 27 dec to 1/2 jan.

Please suggest good/decent place which is not too expensive during that time (1.5 K/nite for a double room). I have never been to goa before and it will be my first visit. I'll have my own car so far off places are not a problem. We would be 6 people with two couples.

I am looking for a decent beach accommodation which is not very crowded. Idea is to visit the crowded/happening places during some days/ new yrs's eve etc ans at the same time enjoy the secluded ambience of the goan beaches at other times.

I have searched a lot on tbhp and am thoroughly confused. There's South Goa, there's north goa ( arambol ) etc there are million beaches. Please suggest .

Also, I believe bookings will have to be made in advance. Hence, want to be sure that the place I'm booking is actually good. Desperately, need your inputs.

Thanks.

Naman
Hi, Great choice of dates, but if not done now, bookings will be a pain. Please search through makemytrip, travelguru etc, and seal a deal. Also this is the time Goa will be thronged by tourists, so expect everything to be crowded and expensive.

Regarding South Goa, there are good resorts, mostly expensive. But be here only if you want to enjoy beaches and have a peaceful holiday. But North goa is a 30km drive. Club Mahindra, Leela, Taj, all heavy weights are there.

North Goa, Mostly the areas near Calangute-Baga is the most happening. Here it will be overcrowded, but if you like it, it'll be fun. Candolim, which is near 4 km away from Calangute is a good place to stay.

Since you have your car, there's absolutely no problems in moving around. Taxis here are quite an expense.

For details regarding places to see, please refer the travelogue section. I have recently done a trip, you can read it here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...km-8-days.html
If you like the resort I have stayed on - it can be booked through makemytrip.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:03   #111
BHPian

Naman, prices in Goa skyrocket during New Years & sometimes advance booking is not possible for this time. Small resorts/guesthouses are either booked for over two weeks at a stretch by hordes of foreign tourists, or they wait to give the rooms to the highest bidder during this time.
So dont waste any time with the bookings. The North is more happening while the South caters to the wealthier luxury tourist. Benaulim in the South & Baga/Anjuna in the the North are great stretches to stay at.
Old 21st October 2008, 16:59   #112
BHPian

I am travelling to Goa 30 Oct-3rd Nov. We are a group of 4 couples with kids. Did a lot of survey on various resorts and found that 3N/4D package with 3star plus properties start between 25-30K all inclusive. Thought of doing something different so did some research on the net and decided to rent out a bungalow on the beach with 4 bedrooms, fully operational kitchen and living area for 3N/4D for 30K. This works out to 7500/- per couple. I am sure we will not be spending 12K/couple for food etc. even if we end up eating in the best of the resturants. This will also give us the option of eating where ever we please.

Lets see how it goes and will let you people know. By the way google for this option and you will find many properties.
Old 22nd October 2008, 00:34   #113
Team-BHP Support

Go to Coconut grove on Betalbatim. You should get a room for 3000/night with food(bfast and dinner).
Great property with pool, and 200mts from the beach. We stayed there
Planning for Goa, where to stay?-goa.jpg
Old 27th October 2008, 21:08   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amip View Post
Naman, prices in Goa skyrocket during New Years & sometimes advance booking is not possible for this time. Small resorts/guesthouses are either booked for over two weeks at a stretch by hordes of foreign tourists, or they wait to give the rooms to the highest bidder during this time.
So dont waste any time with the bookings. The North is more happening while the South caters to the wealthier luxury tourist. Benaulim in the South & Baga/Anjuna in the the North are great stretches to stay at.
Hey, so you suggest that we reach Goa without any booking.

How difficult, will it be to get accomodation by just showing up during that time. And at what prices can we get decent acco. Not looking for something fancy and star resort. Just basic stuff. It'd be better to spend more on party rather than where you stay

Let me know

Naman
Old 28th October 2008, 11:47   #115
BHPian

No, thats not what i meant! I meant, do not delay any further else it gets tougher since they stop taking bookings closer to year end.

Generally, in Goa i stay at very basic places - even beach huts - or simple guesthouses - that way I can spend the dough on having more fun. I have stayed at some of the 5 Stars in Goa as well, but IMO they take away the character of Goa. My principle is to stay in basic accommodation in a beautiful place & in beautiful accommodation in a basic place!
It will be very difficult getting accommodation during that time. I know that everyone tries to make the most money then - so you can expect a shabby room that would ordinarily go for about RS 400 to go to Rs 2500 during the peak season.
Check out these two places: Basic but ideal for the backpacking social traveller
Welcome to Vill Anjuna Beach Resort - Goa
http://www.dunesgoa.com/ (website temporarily unavailable - but you can see the contact number if you google it)
Old 28th October 2008, 12:26   #116
Team-BHP Support

we went to goa without booking in October, and wasted 4 hours and 1200rs worth of cab fare looking for a place. Everywhere was full!
Old 28th October 2008, 21:39   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm planning to go to Goa with family this weekend.

Good places to stay near Baga/ Calangute?
Old 3rd November 2008, 15:14   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I'm planning to go to Goa with family this weekend.

Good places to stay near Baga/ Calangute?
Nikhil I had recently been to goa.
I stayed at Ronil beach resort(AC Room -2500 INR/day inclusive of breakfast+taxes). It's a good place to stay. It's 300mts from Calangute beach.
Nearby restaurent are Tito's , Britto's, Mambo.
Hope this helps
Old 3rd November 2008, 15:36   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Nikhil I had recently been to goa.
I stayed at Ronil beach resort(AC Room -2500 INR/day inclusive of breakfast+taxes). It's a good place to stay. It's 300mts from Calangute beach.
Nearby restaurent are Tito's , Britto's, Mambo.
Hope this helps
Wow, each month they increase the rates. During Aug they quoted less than 1k and early last month it was 1.5k and now its 2.5K which means the Goan season is not too far away
Old 3rd November 2008, 15:48   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wow, each month they increase the rates. During Aug they quoted less than 1k and early last month it was 1.5k and now its 2.5K which means the Goan season is not too far away
Thats because July-Aug were the monsoon months and you hardly seen any beach crazy tourists (or first timers) in Goa that time. Sep onwards the season starts picking up and so do the rates. It will become crazily expensive now onwards till Feb, so donto even think of going without a booking.

Ronil, and others in the vicinity (Cavala, Ticlo etc) are more or less the same thing wrt rates and amenities to match.

My view is also to take a basic accommodation (i.e. comfortable bed and loo) at a budget price. Anyways, you are not going to spend much time at the hotel so why spend excessively? (I assume its just boys or maybe couples going to Goa). And since Goa has so much variety of good food to offer, its best not to be tied down to the hotel wrt drinks and meals. Best way to enjoy Goa (for first timers) anyways is to hire a bike and explore different beaches and shacks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks