Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2022, 21:36   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I was going to suggest Nanu Resort at Betalbatim otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
I have booked Nanu resort just yesterday for 2 rooms and 2 nights.
Did you happen to stay here? How is the place? In the map the beach looks very closer. Is that really close and nice, walkable from the hotel? Good for a gathering of 30 pax for 2 nights?
Old 3rd July 2022, 21:46   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Did you happen to stay here? How is the place? In the map the beach looks very closer. Is that really close and nice, walkable from the hotel? Good for a gathering of 30 pax for 2 nights?
Yes the place is good. Beach is around 1 Km walk from the hotel. However we went in car to the beach.
30 pax not a problem the hotel has 3 floors. If possible go for 2/3 floor.

Last edited by redcruiser : 3rd July 2022 at 21:46. Reason: grammer
Old 10th July 2022, 22:29   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Have booked 3 nights stay at 'La Cabana Beach resort' at Ashwem beach, North Goa.
Hello, Did you end up staying in La Cabana? Can I please know what is your feedback? How is the beach, beach access, and beach view from resort? How is the ambience and privacy?
Old 19th July 2022, 07:21   #739
Senior - BHPian

Planning a small Goa vacation with family(senior citizen parents, spouse and 2 year old kid) in September. Looking for suggestions on budget friendly sea facing hotels/resorts near baga/Calangute. Rooms with sea view is something parents would enjoy as it’s their first time to Goa. Appreciate some leads? And how’s the weather in September usually?

Now I have been to Goa 19 times but everytime it was with friends or better half for partying only hence accommodation was never really a priority. I was checking a few properties like Baga Beach resort and the prices seem unreal (~80k for 2 rooms 3 nights ). Or is it the new normal? My last trip was in 2019 March, so not in touch with hotel pricing around there since.

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th July 2022 at 07:48.
Old 19th July 2022, 09:30   #740
BHPian

SoumenD, I too had considered sea-facing resorts/rooms but realized that there are far more options if one is willing to move a little inland for lower price.
I eventually settled for one about 100m from Colva beach at Sea Esta Holiday Homes. (I initially saw it on AirBnB)
It was a 1BHK serviced apartment with full kitchen, fridge, washing machine, 2 TVs and covered stilt parking for a very very reasonable off season amount in a newly constructed complex.
Our daily schedule was to wake up leisurely, have tea in balcony, have bfast at a hotel we zeroed in on (tough to get bfast in Goa as most places open late), head to a beach shack/explore a region, back to room post lunch for sleep, tea in balcony, out to shack for dinner.
I was travelling with wife and a 2y old for a week so all the amenities were a boon - specially the 2 TVs
Do check AirBnb.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 19th July 2022 at 09:49.
rajathv8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 09:37   #741
HTC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Hello, Did you end up staying in La Cabana? Can I please know what is your feedback? How is the beach, beach access, and beach view from resort? How is the ambience and privacy?
@balenoed_,

Sorry for late reply. Yes, we stayed for 2 nights at La Cabana. It is decent. Seperate cottage like accommodation. Mostly family crowd. Small pool. Easy access to beach. Right next to property. Resturant is average.
If you want sea view rooms, There are rooms called chalets which have sea view. You can book those.

Also, for someone planning to book 'Phoenix ParkInn' at condolim, make sure they confirm the room they are blocking for you. When we went there, we were first allotted a dungeon kind of room. Check the pic and decide for yourself. Looking at the entry of that room, I was frowning and to my luck, the door had some issue and we got a different room.

It's a very congested property with no parking. At night, they took my car for parking in their overnight parking space which is few kms away. While doing so, they cooked up my clutch, pushed the car back to hotel parking and informed me after 10am. Very unprofessional. Had a pretty forgettable experience.

Cheers,
HTC
Attached Thumbnails
Planning for Goa, where to stay?-20220719_094908.jpg  

Last edited by HTC : 19th July 2022 at 10:00.
HTC is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 10:31   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Planning a small Goa vacation with family(senior citizen parents, spouse and 2 year old kid) in September. Looking for suggestions on budget friendly sea facing hotels/resorts near baga/Calangute. Rooms with sea view is something parents would enjoy as it’s their first time to Goa. Appreciate some leads? And how’s the weather in September usually?

Now I have been to Goa 19 times but everytime it was with friends or better half for partying only hence accommodation was never really a priority. I was checking a few properties like Baga Beach resort and the prices seem unreal (~80k for 2 rooms 3 nights ). Or is it the new normal? My last trip was in 2019 March, so not in touch with hotel pricing around there since.

Season in Goa usually starts by October, Sept should be decent. Most of the restaurants are now open almost thru the year.
Baga/Calungute should be avoided IMHO, it is now the crowded worse than you can imagine.

Try Candolim, I have stayed here
Or Morjim you may need to check out the options.
Can try https://www.nanuhotels.in/
In April I stayed here
Pretty decent accommodation, breakfast was stickily okay.
Location brilliant, beach awesome, white sands emerald waters.

have a great trip.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 12:00   #743
MCR
BHPian

Majestic Beach Comforts, Varca is a good property too. Its right on the beach and also has a restaurant on the Property. It also has a pool. We stayed at this Property in April this year and the kids enjoyed a lot.

https://majesticcottages.com/index.php
MCR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 13:17   #744
Senior - BHPian

What are the touristy places to visit for senior citizens in goa?

I have had 19 trips to goa in my 20s/30s but they have all been to beaches for partying and stuff. Now we have a trip planned with parents (senior citizens). I am not sure what all places do I take them around to see. 1 day is dedicated for sight seeing for them. I know of one fort and maybe a couple of beaches but what else? Any famous temples there?

Appreciate some leads? Thanks in advance
Old 15th September 2022, 13:56   #745
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What are the touristy places to visit for senior citizens in goa?
Old Goa churches and the two museums there. Aguada Fort and Reis Magos are also both worth the visit. Temples, there's the Mallikarjuna Temple at Canacona that has a nice setting, though I think the highlight is an evening aarthi, not sure how often that happens. There's a temple at Tambdi Surla that's also quite unique.

And senior citizens might enjoy sitting at a nice peaceful beach too! Try one of the quieter beaches in South Goa like Agonda or Talpona. Though with the monsoon still on, nothing near the beach may be open.

Edit: There's a Naval museum near the airport. Houses of Goa museum near Panaji. The Goa Chitra museum is excellent. There's also this quirky San Thome museum near Margao that houses a huge collection of items- seniors will recognize a lot of the things they grew up with and that we don't see anymore.

Last edited by am1m : 15th September 2022 at 14:11.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 07:12   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any famous temples there?.........Appreciate some leads? Thanks in advance
Some famous temples in Old Goa are Shantadurga (Kavlem), Ramnathi, Mangueshi, Mahalsa Narayani etc. Shantadurga and Ramnathi are in the same vicinity, and Mangueshi and Mahalsa Narayani are in the same general area. Please note that some of these temples are a bit strict about not allowing entry if you are wearing shorts, capris etc. So, enquire locally about this before going.

Tambdi Surla is a little out of the way, but can be done if you are entering / exiting Goa via the Anmod ghat route. There are many other beautiful temples in Goa (see list below), but visiting most of them will take up a better part of your vacation.

https://itsgoa.com/famous-temples-in-goa/

P.S: Don't bother visiting the Saptakoteshwar temple in the above list, as it is currently undergoing major renovation, and only people for whom it's a family deity are permitted inside. Parking is also an issue due to all the construction paraphernalia lying around.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 16th September 2022 at 07:37.
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 21:47   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Some famous temples in Old Goa are Shantadurga (Kavlem), Ramnathi, Mangueshi, Mahalsa Narayani etc. Shantadurga and Ramnathi are in the same vicinity, and Mangueshi and Mahalsa Narayani are in the same general area. Please note that some of these temples are a bit strict about not allowing entry if you are wearing shorts, capris etc…
Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Old Goa churches and the two museums there. Aguada Fort and Reis Magos are also both worth the visit. Temples,
Thank you for the leads. Just back from the trip. We booked a cab for a day(11am-7pm) and covered some places in both north and south goa. Aguada Fort, a few beaches, churches, boat cruise & among temples did Mangesh temple and balaji temple in South Goa. Covered around 150kms. Special mention about the Goa cabbies, man they are really calm drivers who usually maintain lanes. Even the roads are mostly great(except near anjuna/vagator).

On the contrary my Bangalore cabbie felt playing fast & furious today while returning from airport.

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th September 2022 at 22:01.
Old 12th October 2022, 10:13   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat_partha View Post
Stayed @ GTDC guest house in Colva beach.
Is this Colva Residency you are talking about? How is the maintenance of the rooms? The building always looks pretty run-down from the outside. Great location though.
Old 12th October 2022, 14:39   #749
BHPian

Stayed at Marquis resort on my last trip to Goa and I must say it was very good. Rooms are average in size, but well maintained and clean. The highlight of the property is the access to the beach and an amazing beach restaurant.

Food overall is also very good. Good place to stay with family, though the pool does get crowded during season time.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 20:30   #750
BHPian

I am just back from North Goa trip yesterday. We were 10 adults who traveled there and booked Airbnb in Vagator first. However, it didn’t turn out to be a good place. So we moved to Ibis Styles in Calangute for the rest of three nights. It’s a good hotel with good location and food is amazing too with play area for the kids. Can check this out.

Planning for Goa, where to stay?-971b3ee6a6d94b72bb6cc07d31d85b63.jpeg
sahil624 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks