Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 11:42   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
guys this is final now.
Would be leaving on the 14th and coming back on 22nd. Booked myself in the Hotel Goan Heritage. A/c Deluxe Room(sea facing) with B/f for 3900/- per night (all inclusive)
4K a night is whew! when most people spend 90% of the time outdoors when in Goa. I reckon you plan to spend most of the time using the hotel facilities, then it should be worth it.
Old 7th March 2008, 13:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
4K a night is whew! when most people spend 90% of the time outdoors when in Goa. I reckon you plan to spend most of the time using the hotel facilities, then it should be worth it.
I dont intend to spend all my time indoors, but yes I am going with my wife and 2 year old kid. So you see that kids have a time schedule of their own. So I wanted a hotel which was right omn the beach so that if I we would have to rush back to the hotel we could do that in the least time possible.
So the reason that I finalised this hotel property was, one this hotel is right on the beach, two It has some good reviews, further is right in the center of all
the activity areas.

The main thing is that as I have never been to goa I thought that the 1st time I should take a safe bet get aquainted. Then from the next time onwards I can experiment with other hotels.

Last edited by harjeev : 7th March 2008 at 13:08.
Old 7th March 2008, 13:09   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I dont intend to spend all my time indoors, but yes I am going with my wife and 2 year old kid. So you see that kids have a time schedule of their own. So I wanted a hotel which was right omn the beach so that if I we would have to rush back to the hotel we could do that in the least time possible.
So the reason that I finalised this hotel property was, one this hotel is right on the beach, two It has some good reviews, further is right in the center of all
the activity areas.

The main thing is that as I have never been to goa I thought that the 1st time I should take a safe bet get aquainted. Then from the next time onwards I can experiment with other hotels.
Sounds like a perfect plan. I am sure you will enjoy your first visit to Goa and like everyone else, will be addicted to its environs which draws you to it again and again. Have a wonderful trip
Old 7th March 2008, 14:27   #64

I have been staying at a very typical Goan house in Candolim, Bardez - on my yearly visits to Goa. It's a typical Portugeuse Goan bungalow. The lady propreitor charges Rs. 550 per day for two people (Awesome, sumptous breakfast included, which typically takes care of your lunch too), which is very cheap for people like me who hate 5-star hotels. It's a nice, cozy, simple house and has basic amentities. Rooms are Non-A/C, but very comfortable. And the best part is the location - it's about 50 metres away from the Taj Resort at Fort Aguada, so the beach is very close, just 5 minutes walking distance. You only need to book well in advance, since this house has 5/6 rooms. If anyone wants, I can give you the contact details.
Old 7th March 2008, 16:16   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
I have been staying at a very typical Goan house in Candolim, Bardez - on my yearly visits to Goa. It's a typical Portugeuse Goan bungalow. The lady propreitor charges Rs. 550 per day for two people (Awesome, sumptous breakfast included, which typically takes care of your lunch too), which is very cheap for people like me who hate 5-star hotels. It's a nice, cozy, simple house and has basic amentities. Rooms are Non-A/C, but very comfortable. And the best part is the location - it's about 50 metres away from the Taj Resort at Fort Aguada, so the beach is very close, just 5 minutes walking distance. You only need to book well in advance, since this house has 5/6 rooms. If anyone wants, I can give you the contact details.

yeah please give me the contact details. Though for now I am booked and paid the amount in advance. But would be of great help in future. Additionally I could go there have a look and maybe post a few pics of the place

Quote:
Sounds like a perfect plan. I am sure you will enjoy your first visit to Goa and like everyone else, will be addicted to its environs which draws you to it again and again. Have a wonderful trip
Thanks man! I am really very excited to go as I have heard alot about the place. So really want to see what is it all about.

Last edited by harjeev : 7th March 2008 at 16:18.
Old 7th March 2008, 16:45   #66

Quote:
yeah please give me the contact details. Though for now I am booked and paid the amount in advance. But would be of great help in future. Additionally I could go there have a look and maybe post a few pics of the place
Harjeev, I have sent you a PM with the details.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:10   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Can you let me know the details? I am planing to visit with family. This would be my first trip to Goa. Thanks.
Old 16th March 2008, 11:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest a beach and a place to stay for a veggie family type guy?.. Dont want to go to any place too crowded, though I wouldnt mind the topless kinda crowd

All resorts seem to be fully booked in Maharashtra during the Good friday long weekend. I got sooo frustrated that I decided to head for Goa from 21st to 23rd.

PS: The last time I visited Goa was 10 years ago with friends. And I stayed at some temple guest room, courtesy of my Konkani friend.

Last edited by spadival : 16th March 2008 at 11:07.
Old 16th March 2008, 11:23   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, i need to hire a car for local travel in Goa from Thursday evening to Sunday afternoon, anybody knows where i can get this done and approximate pricing?
paid about a grand a day for a new santro with ac. very close to the fort aguada where we stayed... (just a little bit longer than a walk!!!)
Old 16th March 2008, 12:09   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Please suggest a beach and a place to stay for a veggie family type guy?.. Dont want to go to any place too crowded, though I wouldnt mind the topless kinda crowd
Pray that your wifey doesn't read this.

Quote:
All resorts seem to be fully booked in Maharashtra during the Good friday long weekend. I got sooo frustrated that I decided to head for Goa from 21st to 23rd.
I have no clue on family type places around a beach. But you could try Sea Pearl Guest House-Holiday Home by the Sea, Seapearl-Low Cost Accommodation on the beach in Goa .
Old 16th March 2008, 18:28   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I have no clue on family type places around a beach. But you could try Sea Pearl Guest House-Holiday Home by the Sea, Seapearl-Low Cost Accommodation on the beach in Goa .
okk.. not family type. Basically a lil less crowded beach. Only problem I see with Sea Pearl is that its a little way from the nearest road. Which means that I will have to park my car some distance away from the resort itself.
Old 16th March 2008, 19:08   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
okk.. not family type. Basically a lil less crowded beach. Only problem I see with Sea Pearl is that its a little way from the nearest road. Which means that I will have to park my car some distance away from the resort itself.
Are you looking at Air conditioned accommodation as well? Why not try the GTDC resort in Calangute. Don't take the one at the beach. Slight compromise but clean and good rooms.
Old 16th March 2008, 20:01   #73
v&v
Senior - BHPian

RGBC are good. you can get lots of stay solution near calangute beach. it is the best place to stay. good beach and lots of activity.
Old 16th March 2008, 20:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

Julma resort...near baga beach! cheap & best..very close to the beach!
Old 17th March 2008, 12:41   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
paid about a grand a day for a new santro with ac. very close to the fort aguada where we stayed... (just a little bit longer than a walk!!!)
I paid Rs.600 for a Modified Zen, it had a great exterior but the condition wasn't that great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks