Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2011, 17:45   #556
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
NH4 via Kolar is actually easier in this case. Just that you need to be extra careful on the single lane dual carriage road between Mulbagal and Ranipet.
Thanks Amp. This is what I thought and decided on NH4 after locating my destination in the Google Map.
Old 13th October 2011, 19:59   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Thanks Amp. I am not familiar with the Bangalore City. My destination would be HAL 2nd Stage, Indira Nagar. Now, which would be the better route for me to reach Bangalore?
Though Vellore/ Ambur/ Krishnagiri side is 4 lane with dividers, I too would suggest the Chittoor - Mulbagal - Kolar - Bangalore road.
MuraliR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 19:08   #558
BHPian

I will be travelling to Bangalore this month end. Can anyone please let me know how to reach BTM layout. Plan is to travel through GQ.
Old 18th October 2011, 19:13   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr
I will be travelling to Bangalore this month end. Can anyone please let me know how to reach BTM layout. Plan is to travel through GQ.
After you get down from the BETL there is another flyover.(Silk Board) You need to go under it and take left. That road leads you to BTM Layout.
sameer sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 14:16   #560
BHPian

I have to drive down to Chennai next week, and I am planning to take the OMR (Since I stay at KR Puram).

1. Can you please confirm if the junction where this road joins the GQ at Ranipet is easy to identify?

2. My destination would be Kodambakam. Any suggestions on which road to take off the highway once I enter the city outskirts?
Old 20th October 2011, 14:41   #561
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
1. Can you please confirm if the junction where this road joins the GQ at Ranipet is easy to identify?
I would suggest once you cross Walajapet, NH 4 merges with NH 46 on the left ramp with four lanes.
Quote:
2. My destination would be Kodambakam. Any suggestions on which road to take off the highway once I enter the city outskirts?
Take Poonamalli bypass towards Porur. Just before Porur junction, take left turn, which will take you to Arcot Road, that in turn will lead to Kodambakkam after Vadapalani.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 20th October 2011 at 14:43.
  (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 14:53   #562
Senior - BHPian

The road via Chittor when it joins Ranipet is easily identifiable the road signs are
quite clear.
When coming from Chittor do not miss out to turn towards Ranipet otherwise you will reach Vellore.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 16:28   #563
BHPian

Yes this route works the best for folks around Indiranagar/RM Nagar/KRP. The astronomical toll charges on the Attibele= Krishnagiri = Vaniyambadi = Pallikonda can be avoided ( for now atleast ).

Took me about 5.5 hours from Hoskote to Koyambedu- actually comparable to the Krishnagiri route ( mainly due to the reduced 40 kms or so distance on this route).

Has anyone else observed that the weekend traffic over NH4 between Vellore and Krishangiri fallen in the recent months or am I hallucinating over the toll charges?
airguitar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 17:44   #564
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Has anyone else observed that the weekend traffic over NH4 between Vellore and Krishangiri fallen in the recent months or am I hallucinating over the toll charges?
Most cases I have noticed, Vellore-Krishnagiri having low to moderate traffic.
Its the last mile (Krishnagiri-Hosur-BLR) which kills you!
Old 20th October 2011, 22:39   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most cases I have noticed, Vellore-Krishnagiri having low to moderate traffic.
And at the other end, Vellore-Sriperumbudur-MAA. Here the road quality also deteriorates a bit.

My experience is that Vellore-Krishnagiri is usually a dream run (except Ambur which can be a pain if you reach there at the wrong time).

Ideal would be 8 lanes between BLR-Hosur and MAA-Sriperumbudur, six between Hosur-Krishnagiri and Sriperumbudur-Vellore, and 4 for the rest of the journey. Let us dream
Old 25th October 2011, 15:46   #566

Leaving for Chennai now from Vaniymbadi....its a cloudy day...with clouds nestling on the yelagiri mountain top. Beautiful vista. Hope its not raining all the way through. Guys any news on the road conditions. There are a few potholes on the ramp at Vaniyamadi after the Toll...so be careful. Before reaching Ambur town - round the bend - uneven surface.
Old 26th October 2011, 03:26   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbnsid View Post
Guys any news on the road conditions. There are a few potholes on the ramp at Vaniyamadi after the Toll...so be careful. Before reaching Ambur town - round the bend - uneven surface.
The road is good from Vaniambadi to Chennai. There are damaged roads in side city.Be careful were ever there is water on road.May be a manhole or a big pothole.
Old 28th October 2011, 20:48   #568
BHPian

Hi All,

I recently travelled from Krishnagiri to Chennai on this route. was actually traveling from Salem, joined the route at Krishnagiri.

While entering the city, near panimalar College (its a huge college, with a big Arch, one can never miss it) , one will find a flyover that reaches poonamallee.

make sure if you really want to reach the city through poonamallee, as its a congested area. Also there will be water logging in case of rains.

else, go under the flyover and take left. crossing the first signal will be a headache, some new arrangements have been made and the signal is now a big crossroad and will take atleast 10 minutes to cross.

Also the porur junction is heavily congested in evenings.

try reaching chennai before 5PM or try coming in after 9PM in evenings.

Ajay
Old 5th November 2011, 18:36   #569
BHPian

Drove to chennai today morning. Since I live in sahakar nagar tried this route

Bangalore-Devanahalli-Vijayapura-Kolar-palamner-chitoor-ranipet-Velachery chennai. Total distance came to 350 kms. Route was pretty good everywhere except for the multiple speed breakers in Vijayapura Kolar road and the 2 km hell inside Kolar. Crossing palamner is a pain due to the huge pile up of vehicles n the check post as the roads have narrowed down due to the slush at the sides. Also after reaching Ranipet, took a right turn for vellore arcot and joined the golden quadrilateral much sooner than the walajah route. Avoided the walajah traffic as well. Vijayapura Kolar is nice and scenic and the roads are deserted with absolutely no shops. Even after the Kolar mulbagal 4 landing, I would still recommend the NH7 NH46 route for chennai than NH4 precisely for the stress free driving. Though NH4 is good, it's a pain to overtake with so many curves and town traffic in middle. It took me 5.45 hrs door to door with a breakfast break at coffee day near Kolar. Atrocious masala dosa, which I later came to know is frozen food, for 39 Rs.

Had come via NH46 3 days back to Bangalore and had dinner at Arya Bhavan after Vellore before pallikonda. I think the place is sethuvalai. Amazing food at reasonable rates. There is a coffee day at this complex as well along with a HP petrol pump, SBI ATM.
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 22:13   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today it took around 25minutes for me to cross the toll booth in Hosur-Electronic City road. The issue is, the number of queue is more than the toll counters and its difficult to identify the correct queue when the queue is very long. Unfortunately I got stuck in the wrong queue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks