Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2011, 09:59   #511
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Good breakfast place recommendation please?
- Starting from Bangalore to Chennai
- Close to Krishnagiri area
- Good parking facility, clean rest rooms and some open space to stretch (child friendly)
- On the same side of the highway (left) - would like to avoid U-turns if possible.
Thanks.

Edit: Searched a bit more and shortlisted these two:

1. CCD before Shoolagiri - Do they serve breakfast?? Or just sandwiches and coffee?
2. A2B at Chinnar after Shoolagir but before Krishnagiri

Which is better? (Food, parking, rest rooms)
A2B shoolgiri is inside a Bharat Petroleum fuel station campus - breakfast at A2B is generally available only after 7am so if you get there earlier you can only get coffee. They have a very decent and huge parking space. Has small play area for kids. Rest rooms:manageable, cleaner before 7.30am when crowds are less

About 3-4 Km before this A2B there is a Hindustan Petroleum fuel station and inside their campus there is a veg restaurant called Krishna Inn (decent place and good for breakfast) and also a Mc Donalds. AFAIK Krishna Inn serves breakfast by 6.45am.This place also has a decent parking space. Rest rooms:cleaner in the mornings

Both the above fuel stations are on the left when driving from Bangalore towards Krishnagiri.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by NPV : 1st September 2011 at 10:05. Reason: Adding more info !
Old 9th September 2011, 01:27   #512
Senior - BHPian

I find CCD/MCDONALD'S/Krishna inn to be better than A2B. A2B is very crowded and not as clean as Krishna Inn. Plus you have more options as well.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 09:34   #513
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I find CCD/MCDONALD'S/Krishna inn to be better than A2B. A2B is very crowded and not as clean as Krishna Inn. Plus you have more options as well.
After knowing that there is CCD in Pallikonda, I would now drive a longer distance
before taking a break. Can anyone upload a Garmin way point for the location?
That would be very helpful.
Old 9th September 2011, 09:43   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

After knowing that there is CCD in Pallikonda, I would now drive a longer distance
before taking a break. Can anyone upload a Garmin way point for the location?
That would be very helpful.
My brother just sent me a text message after visiting there. It's in sethuvalai and am sure should be easy to track when coming from Chennai? Will ask him to the google map location on his return journey.
Old 9th September 2011, 10:00   #515
BANNED

The best way to travel Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore.

The way i do it everytime i go there on work..

6:00 am Shatabdi - Rs. 625/- A/C Chair car with full fledged Breakfast

11:00 am reach Chennai, with lots of food, Comfort, and some sleep

Finish all my work

4:00 pm Shatabdi - Rs.675/- A/C Chair car with full fledged Meals

9:00 pm reach Bangalore.

I found this very very convenient, economical and low on stress compared to drive.
Old 9th September 2011, 16:12   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Finish all my work

I found this very very convenient, economical and low on stress compared to drive.
Totally agree. Did the evening Shatabdi to Chennai and the morning Shatabdi to Bangalore. Actually it reached Bangalore Cantonment at 10.15 AM, and had an unscheduled stop there! Actual arrival time in Bangalore is 10.50 AM.

When did the Bangalore Chennai Shatabdi rates go up? I just did it last week and paid 510/- and 580/- on the way back or are those Tatkal rates?

Its 5.30 PM departure in Chennai and 10.30 arrival in Bangalore.
Old 9th September 2011, 16:30   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Finish all my work

I don't mind doing this in Shatabdi, as long as I drive the WAP4 and am allowed to cruise at 160 KMPH non-stop; as a bonus I don't mind showing a few container trucks how to drive on the LHS
Old 27th September 2011, 16:09   #518

Have been having a harrowing time driving from Vaniyambadi to Chennai - the entry to Chennai after Sriperambudur is at a snails pace - with tons of traffic, a friend suggested a route via Kundathur which connects to Porur...I found that a little better though at Kundathur the road narrows down and there is traffic, but all in all it helped as I avoided the major traffic jam. On the way back around midnight too there was traffic at the same spot. Wonder why the cops dont do something about this. I really wish any of you guys suggest me a alternate route.
Old 27th September 2011, 16:43   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbnsid View Post
Have been having a harrowing time driving from Vaniyambadi to Chennai - the entry to Chennai after Sriperambudur is at a snails pace - with tons of traffic, a friend suggested a route via Kundathur which connects to Porur...I found that a little better though at Kundathur the road narrows down and there is traffic, but all in all it helped as I avoided the major traffic jam. On the way back around midnight too there was traffic at the same spot. Wonder why the cops dont do something about this. I really wish any of you guys suggest me a alternate route.
Hey. Welcome to T-BHP.

I am always scared of the traffic from Sriperumbuthur. Since my destination in Chennai is Tambaram, I prefer to take the route via Kancheepuram to bypass all the traffic.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 17:03   #520
Senior - BHPian

From Sriperambadur there are two routes towards Tambaram.
Last time when I travelled I took the route via Pondur-Oragadam-Vandalur-Tambaram which was decent .
While coming back I took the Tambaram-Old Perugalathur-Manimangalam this route is very bad and crossing Tambaram in the narrow roads are pain and added to that the road upto Sriperambadur is bad with potholes and the shoulders of the road are pretty bad.
There is a flyover construction going on at Oragadam that is the only stretch the road is bad where you have to turn right towards Vandalur

Last edited by gajadonga : 27th September 2011 at 17:09.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:41   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have been having a harrowing time driving from Vaniyambadi to Chennai - the entry to Chennai after Sriperambudur is at a snails pace - with tons of traffic,... it helped as I avoided the major traffic jam. On the way back around midnight too there was traffic at the same spot.
When did you try entering the city from Sriperumbudur ? Its the nh45 i thought was prone to jams outside urban limits. But for NH4 this is pretty new. Usually traffic moves at 40-60 Sriperumbudur-Madras and vice versa. As of traffic, its usually heavy till Ranipet but manageable.
Old 30th September 2011, 12:49   #522

Narayan, I have tried entering into the city at varied times, even as late as 1030pm and as early as 4pm. This is the NH46, and not the NH4..I tried the route via Kundathur as suggested by a friend of mine., here you miss out on the toll and reach Porur junction. I need to travel towards TNagar...else the Tambaram route would have been fine I suppose. I am looking at ways to avoid the Sriperambudur - Poonamalee traffic snarl. Last Monday i left Chennai at about 9pm and managed to whizz through to Vaniyambadi in two and half hours..., but most times its taking more than 4hours to reach.
Old 30th September 2011, 19:45   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to travel towards TNagar...else the Tambaram route would have been fine I suppose. I am looking at ways to avoid the Sriperambudur - Poonamalee traffic snarl. Last Monday i left Chennai at about 9pm and managed to whizz through to Vaniyambadi in two and half hours..., but most times its taking more than 4hours to reach.
I live in T.Nagar my friend my worst timing was 2.5 hrs to Sriperumbudur from home, but thats 'cos I start at 545pm on a Friday (literal suicide mission !), otherwise I've usually reached Sriperumbudur in 70-75 min. Poonamalee-Sriperumbudur is heavy suburban traffic, but other than the Thirumazhisai signal I've never been caught up, but you can't do decent speeds here (max 60-70). 3.5-4 hrs to Vaniyambadi (197 km) is pretty good timing considering you have to clear city traffic and moderate+ traffic till Vellore.

Your 9pm timings look great, I thought that was peak traffic time on Mount Road (I was caught in one on a week day, nowadays its a daily affair even at 1130pm there is traffic till Kathipara).

Best timing to enter city is past 1030pm (which I usually do after a long highway drive) - driving at 230am was absolute bliss, otherwise afternoon hours till 4-430 are decent. Forenoon hours unless you reach your destination by 730am you're fried

BTW, NH46 is stretch from NH7 intersection at Krishnagiri to the place where NH4 turns off into Ranipet for Chittoor. Beyond Ranipet towards Madras is NH4.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 22:56   #524

You got that right. ..... Beyond Ranipet towards Chennai is NH4. Anyways with the weather in Chennai you get nicely baked and toasted., and having the AC running while the car ambles on the first gear is no good.
Old 5th October 2011, 11:05   #525
BHPian

Hi - Can someone pls guide me as to how I can reach Dr. Radhakrishna Road once i hit chennai city. I will be driving down today afternoon from Bangalore via the GQ route and would need some detailed help to reach this place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks