Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2022, 13:03   #3811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
While coming back, I will be leaving from Yelahanka. Should I take the Kolar Chitoor route or use the Hosur route.
I think considering the Chittoor route is a good idea in this case.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 13:14   #3812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I think considering the Chittoor route is a good idea in this case.
Thank you. How is the road condition and widening work progress
Old 26th May 2022, 20:41   #3813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Thank you. How is the road condition and widening work progress
The roads are good all the way to Chittoor - Ranipet bypass, baring some barricades on the right-most lane every now and then (prominent near towns and RTO check-posts).

Chittoor-Ranipet section is work-in-progress, but shouldnt be much of a bother given that gravel is laid-out (and flattened) in most places.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 09:10   #3814
BHPian

Thanks for all the suggestions. Did the trip as planned but couldn't take the Chittoor route since I had to touch Hosur on the way back also.

While going google played its trick. I had planned to take the SH120 but a few kilometers after Oragadam junction, google suggested a right turn and took us through a village road which joined SH120 a just before Samsung.

While returning went thro Sunguvarchattram and took SH120, It is definitely a better alternative since you can avoid Sriperumpudur traffic totally.

Numerous deviations till Kaveripakkam and a few stretchesof bumpy roads.

Last edited by raju2512 : 30th May 2022 at 09:11.
raju2512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 14:43   #3815
BHPian

Will be travelling from my apartment Osian Chlorophyll (which is opposite the Chennai bypass near porur lake) in Chennai to Zinc hotel in Whitefield Bangalore in mid- June2022. Can anybody suggest a route map for this journey - prefer the Krishnagiri GQ route via Hosur - need help in the route to connect to the Chennai- Bangalore highway from my apartment. Hope the return route would be the same back to Chennai - please advise

Last edited by SMSP : 2nd June 2022 at 14:44. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 3rd June 2022, 20:14   #3816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
Osian Chlorophyll (which is opposite the Chennai bypass near porur lake) in Chennai to Zinc hotel in Whitefield Bangalore in mid- June2022 - prefer the Krishnagiri GQ route via Hosur
You have a choice of either taking Maduravoyal-Poonamalee bypass or Kundrathur-Sriperumbudur for source.

Doing Ranipet-Chittoor is any day a better evil than doing Hosur-Whitefield in day time. Unless you plan to enter and exit Bangalore in odd times, going via Hosur will be more painful.
Old 4th June 2022, 15:46   #3817
BHPian

Thanks narayans80 for the response. Which is the better route to Sriperumbudur - via Maduravoyal - Poonammallee bypass or Kundrathur- Sriperumbudur route? Also I thought the Hosur - Krishnagiri GQ route road condition was better than the Ranipet- Chittoor route? Also there were good restaurants on the GQ route?
Old 4th June 2022, 23:29   #3818
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks narayans80 for the response. Which is the better route to Sriperumbudur - via Maduravoyal - Poonammallee bypass or Kundrathur- Sriperumbudur route? Also I thought the Hosur - Krishnagiri GQ route road condition was better than the Ranipet- Chittoor route? Also there were good restaurants on the GQ route?
Kundrathur is better unless starting early in the morning.

I would second the Chittoor suggestion. For zinc hotel there is no need to take the GQ route given the Sarjapur-Varthur- Whitefield is such a pain at anytime during the day.

If you take the Chittoor route the only traffic that you will face is right at the end of the trip at Hope Farm junction.
Old 5th June 2022, 09:22   #3819
BHPian

Quote:
Will be travelling from my apartment Osian Chlorophyll (which is opposite the Chennai bypass near porur lake) in Chennai to Zinc hotel in Whitefield Bangalore in mid- June2022. ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
You have a choice of either taking Maduravoyal-Poonamalee bypass or Kundrathur-Sriperumbudur for source.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Kundrathur is better unless starting early in the morning......
+1 to suggestions by narayans80 and anadhsub.
I'm a regular on Chittoor route since my home is in C V Raman Nagar, Bangalore. This route has become much more appealing in the last 2 years since the completion of 4-laning between KA-AP border at Nangli to Chittoor bypass. TN side 2-lane highways around Ranipet-Serkadu remain wide and in good condition. This route is doable (even if your are new to it) in daytime. If driving after dusk / before dawn, be careful around Bommasamudram (TN-AP border) and Chittoor-CMC campus where the roads are bad for about 500m. Nothing to worry, even for sedans, if speeds are reasonable. The main concern to you should be to navigate the diversions between Sriperumbudur to Kaveripakkam carefully (this is common segment whichever route you take).

Recently I travelled from Pattabiram to Bangalore via Chennai ORR - Kundrathur exit - Sriperumbudur - Ranipet- Chittoor bypass-Bangalore on 29th May (Sunday). Very peaceful (7 hours including 1 hours in breaks, speeds between 80-90 kmph). None of the crazy Sunday traffic that one encounters all the way from Attibele to Silk-board junction.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 11:20   #3820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also I thought the Hosur - Krishnagiri GQ route road condition was better than the Ranipet- Chittoor route? Also there were good restaurants on the GQ route?
Since the 4-laning completion, this is the defacto route for North and East Bangalore destinations.

You can find a list of eateries here (Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries) which you can plan for.
Old 5th June 2022, 17:21   #3821
BHPian

Can anybody give a google map link from Chennai (my apartment is at Osian Chlorophyll, opposite Chennai Bypass, near Porur lake) to Bangalore (Zinc hotel, Whitefield, Bangalore)
via Chittoor route? I would also appreciate a google map link for the return trip from Bangalore to Chennai via Chittoor.
I have a created a google map route but want to verify with Team BHP experts.

Thanks a ton for the help in advance!
Old 5th June 2022, 21:01   #3822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would also appreciate a google map link for the return trip from Bangalore to Chennai via Chittoor.
When the source will be the same, how can the result route be different ?
Old 6th June 2022, 23:42   #3823
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting my Bangalore-Madras-Bangalore trip last weekend (3rd June Bangalore to Madras and 5th June Madras to Bangalore)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5331592 (Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries)

Agree to all the points stated my @srvm.

I am driving atleast 2 times every month for past few months and i can say, it takes only 5 to 5.30 hours driving time between Bangalore C.V.Raman Nagar to Vadapalani, Madras, excluding break time. Usual break time is 20 minutes to 30 minutes, so at best we can do Door to Door in 6 hours. In a really really bad day with rains in Bangalore and the infamous traffic jams, we could get held up in K.R.Puram/Hanging bridge for sometime, but overall, it is still a much faster / less stressful / less distance / less toll drive even when the speed is 100 kmph. 99.5% of the roads are good, except for less than 3 kms in total distance, so road conditions not a worry.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 6th June 2022 at 23:48.
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 16:42   #3824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Here is the route: link

Attachment 2305856
Thanks a lot! I took this route today and it was such a breeze to reach my destination in one of the ECR road resorts. So much peaceful compared to all the narrow roads gmaps took me on last time I had visited
CosmicWizard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 17:44   #3825
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Thanks a lot! I took this route today and it was such a breeze to reach my destination in one of the ECR road resorts. So much peaceful compared to all the narrow roads gmaps took me on last time I had visited
Yes a great option indeed! And thanks to Narayans80 for finding and suggesting this one!

What I also realise is that this probably is the best routing even for Mahabalipuram.

Basically take the same route, and instead of going all the way till GST on the SH120 exit on to the Chennai bypass and the turn around the Vandalur zoo towards Kelambakkam.

I checked on Google. The timing is almost the same. I think road conditions here would be much-much better. (route link)
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks