Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2018, 08:36   #3076
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
What good quick lunch options are available between Hosur and Dobaspete without the hassle of dealing with traffic.
Option 1:
Hosur - A2B in the ground floor of the Chennai silks building. This is on service road and about 3-4 Km before the Attibele toll plaza.

Option 2:
Once you exit NICE at Tumkur road exit, stay on service road and you get the New Agarwal Bhavan that @hserus has mentioned. This is near Himalaya campus, Makali.

Option 3, 4:
Shree Rathnam near Dobbaspet (just before the industrial area) on left side. Just a little ahead there is a HP petrol pump with a Kamat in same campus

Last edited by NPV : 19th December 2018 at 08:38.
Old 19th December 2018, 09:27   #3077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
New Agarwal Bhavan that @hserus has mentioned. This is near Himalaya campus, Makali.
Thanks. One doubt about this, wouldn't this miss the elevated section between NICE and Hassan Road? Or is there a way to join the elevated section somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Most highway places and indeed most restaurants will start meals by 10.45-11.00 AM anyway.
Will check this. I was under the impression meals start at noon.

Last option is Shoolagiri McD, they are slow and crowded and I've never gotten out earlier than an hour from there even when near empty.
Old 19th December 2018, 09:32   #3078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Option 1:
Hosur - A2B in the ground floor of the Chennai silks building. This is on service road and about 3-4 Km before the Attibele toll plaza.
Oh if A2Bs are OK there is another one at Chandapura (between Attibele and Bommasandra) just before Narayana Hrudayalaya.

And if traffic and time constraints permit, it might not be a bad idea to quickly nip into and out of E-City Phase 1, where there are restaurants of all tastes, prices and service times. Including yet another A2B.
Old 19th December 2018, 09:34   #3079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. One doubt about this, wouldn't this miss the elevated section between NICE and Hassan Road? Or is there a way to join the elevated section somewhere?

Will check this. I was under the impression meals start at noon.

Last option is Shoolagiri McD, they are slow and crowded and I've never gotten out earlier than an hour from there even when near empty.
Yes you will miss the elevated highway if you go to Agarwal Bhavan.

Do you really want to eat so soon after leaving Bangalore?

Hold off for a while and get out of the traffic rush on the NICE road.

Get closer to Tumkur there are Swathi Delicacy and Adiga that you can eat at.
Old 19th December 2018, 10:11   #3080
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since you mentioned Dabaspete, I assumed you're heading towards Tumkur/Pune direction. If you stop at Agarwal Bhavan, you can continue straight further ahead to reach the Hassan/Mangalore road as it's in the same direction towards Tumkur/Pune. The industrial estate, Dabaspete, etc are furher ahead in Tumkur direction after the Hassan/Mangalore junction.

You're confusing this part - heading out from Bangalore on the NH 4/48 towards Tumkur/Pune - Elevated road is from Bangalore side Goraguntepalya to Peenya. Just about 2-3Km after the elevated road ends at the toll plaza, you have NICE junction near Makali and very close to Agarwal Bhavan. Another 12-13 Km away is the Hassan/Managalore road junction. Another 15+Km away is Dabaspete, so that is not an option for you to break since you'd turn off at Hassan/Mangalore road itself. Hope it's clear now

On the Hassan/Mangalore road there are many options now with Swathi Delicacy at Yadiyur being a good one about 65Km from the turn off from NH 4/48, I'm guessing this will be too far and late as well, so Agarwal Bhavan is located best for you.

Last edited by NPV : 19th December 2018 at 10:15.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 12:16   #3081
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since you mentioned Dabaspete, I assumed you're heading towards Tumkur/Pune direction. If you stop at Agarwal Bhavan, you can continue straight further ahead to reach the Hassan/Mangalore road as it's in the same direction towards Tumkur/Pune. The industrial estate, Dabaspete, etc are furher ahead in Tumkur direction after the Hassan/Mangalore junction.
Even I was wondering when the mention of "Hassan Road" happened and then I clarified with Narayan where he was headed to - So its indeed towards Pune.
Quote:
You're confusing this part - heading out from Bangalore on the NH 4/48 towards Tumkur/Pune - Elevated road is from Bangalore side Goraguntepalya to Peenya. Just about 2-3Km after the elevated road ends at the toll plaza, you have NICE junction near Makali and very close to Agarwal Bhavan.
Guess he was referring to the 6 lane corridor post Parle till JAS as 'Elevated Highway' which after all, is almost elevated anyway .
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 12:55   #3082
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Get closer to Tumkur there are Swathi Delicacy and Adiga that you can eat at.
Swathi Delicacy and Adigas are near Yadiyur on the Hassan/Mangalore Highway NH75, not on NH4/48 near Tumkur. These are 65Km or so from the NH4/48 turn off to NH 75 near Nelamangala.
Old 19th December 2018, 18:44   #3083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're confusing this part.
Sorry for the confusion. Am indeed heading towards Pune as Parag mentioned.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 06:19   #3084
BHPian

I am driving from Chennai to Bangalore this morning. I heard from few people who drove a few days back that there are some repair works going on the BETL flyover at Electronic city hence causing traffic jams upto 2 hours. They had passed around 3pm.

I would like to know what is the current situation any one aware of these repairs on BETL?
Old 22nd December 2018, 09:26   #3085
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
I would like to know what is the current situation any one aware of these repairs on BETL?
This topic is being discussed on another thread here (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)
Old 25th December 2018, 18:41   #3086
Senior - BHPian

I'm driving out of Bangalore to Vellore tonight after 11 pm.
I'll need to fill petrol somewhere along the way. Are petrol bunks on this highway (Bangalore - Vellore) open after midnight. I can't fill up before I leave and the fuel will probably last till Krishnagiri.
Old 25th December 2018, 18:44   #3087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I'm driving out of Bangalore to Vellore tonight after 11 pm.
I'll need to fill petrol somewhere along the way. Are petrol bunks on this highway (Bangalore - Vellore) open after midnight. I can't fill up before I leave and the fuel will probably last till Krishnagiri.
The HP Bunk at Shoolagiri is open 24 hours a day. The attachee McD and CCD also are open, for you to grab a quick snack You won't miss this place even from a distance.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 19:41   #3088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The HP Bunk at Shoolagiri is open 24 hours a day. The attachee McD and CCD also are open, for you to grab a quick snack You won't miss this place even from a distance.
Plenty others - Reliance near Hosur, BP near Chinnar / Krishnagiri are the good ones open 24x7. I would suggest Reliance.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 19:56   #3089
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like I do have a few options.
With regard to the open 24 hours McD, surprisingly on the Chennai Vellore route all eateries are closed after 12 midnight. We saw police dropping in to a tea stall when we were there and demanding it be closed. So they switched off the lights and we drank the tea in the dark....
Old 25th December 2018, 20:56   #3090
BHPian

Why don't you fill petrol before Attibele (while you are still in Karnataka)? Petrol is cheaper in Karnataka than in Tamil Nadu.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks