Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 13:03   #151
BHPian

CCD in Chinnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
While going from Bangy - Chennai, there is a new HP Dhabba coming up couple of Kms before the BP GHAR in Chinnar. It also comes with a Cafe Day joints. I notice that the food joints in these section is on the increase.
It's Already up and running !!! Just dropped in on CCD yesterday, sorry to say that the service was extremely slow and the taste was nothing to write home about!
Old 13th April 2009, 14:24   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I wish they increase the number of booth in the Toll

Almost every sunday while returning, need to wait in long queue with so many guys heading back from vacation/home or whatever...
Actually Toll 1 should offer a swipe card which will allow you to drive past the other 4 Toll booths right till Chennai/Bangalore.

one or 2 lanes as 'green channels'. Stop, swipe go. No paying, waiting for change etc.
Old 15th April 2009, 19:09   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Yes I was "ME" !!! But does your car have the Team BHP sticker??? I try to look around for fellow BHP'ians while on the drive. May be I missed you.

Regarding the Arcot Bridge Accident, it just happened a couple of minutes before I passed. I saw your reply in "Accidents in India" thread but didn't realise that you took the same route.

I do that route weekly so feel free to flag me down next time
It was nice spotting a T-Bhpian on highway. Sticker was not present on my car that time. Stickers where put on the Car once i reach home at Hosur! Will stop you next time if i see you!
Old 15th April 2009, 20:17   #154
BHPian

I do this route atleast twice a month and travel from Bangalore to Chennai on the weekends. Yet to put a T-BHP sticker on my car. Do lookout for a blue Verna Sx travelling on Friday evening from e-City (around 6 PM) to Chennai and on Monday mornings (starting at 4:30 AM) in the reverse direction
Old 1st June 2009, 13:59   #155
BANNED

OK the entire stretch of NH4 (from Poonamalee) until Chennasamudram and then NH46 upto Krishnagiri plus NH7 upto TN-KA border is back in form. No more construction debris, no unpainted lanes etc.

Watch out for water logging in the fast lane around Vellore and between Krishnagiri & Hosur though.

You always know exactly when you enter Karnataka northbound on NH7
Old 1st June 2009, 18:54   #156
BHPian

Traveled to Kotilingershwara in KGF this saturday via Kolar. It was Raining moderate to heavy. Road wideing in full swing. Avoid Kolar- Chitoor road at all cost.Take ORR Hosur- Krishnagiri.

Road from Kolar to KGF was not good either. though traffic was thin and there were no real potholes. Rain water stagnates on the road. even otherwise the top layer (laid on top of existing road)has worn off quite a bit.

Mallur road was not recommended. So if plain to visit Kotilingeswara put it off till the Chitoor road widening is completed.
Old 8th June 2009, 19:26   #157
BHPian

Planed trip this weekend

Hi, I was planning a trip to Fisherman's Cove, from Bangalore. Would someone please help out with the route? I am living near Old Madras Road, so I was thinking that would be the best route.
Old 8th June 2009, 21:07   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Hi, I was planning a trip to Fisherman's Cove, from Bangalore. Would someone please help out with the route? I am living near Old Madras Road, so I was thinking that would be the best route.
Best is to get to ORR, Sarjapur Road, Attibelle & join Hosur. Then its like a breeze on those GQ roads.
Old 9th June 2009, 07:39   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Take outer ring road to Silkboard Junction, get on to the husur road and once you reach poonamalee. Take a right to reach porur(arcot road)->kathipara (Guindy) ->adyar bridge-> thiruvanmiur-> East coast road(ECR)->Fisherman's cove.
Old 9th June 2009, 09:39   #160
Senior - BHPian

Dont take the Hosur road as some of the junctions are in terrible mess after the recent rains, it took me two and a half hours when I visited Bangalore last week to cover the distance from Krishnagiri to Lalbagh.

Either take the ORR upto Bellandur signal and then onto Sarjapur road or you could alternatively take a left at Marathahalli and go via Varthur to Sarjapur and then Attibelle would save you atleast half an hour not to forget the stress.

If your trip involves reaching Chennai during peak hours on a week day (either the morning or evening) I suggest you look at this option. Go upto the Chennai Byepass (beyond Poonamallee) at Maduravayol take a right onto the byepass continue until you reach NH45 Jn. take a right onto to NH45 continue until you reach Vandalur Zoo. At Vandalur Jn. take a left which is the road which goes to Kelambakkam from there Kovalam is about 5 kms any one could guide you back to ECR Road. This is certainly longer but much faster than going through the city.

In case you want to go through the city go until Poonamallee take a right to reach Porur and then onto Kathipara - Rajbhavan - Madhya Kailash from here take a right onto the IT Highway, no point going via Adyar Thiruvanmiyur you would waste a lot of time, continue on the IT highway until Sholinganallur take a left at the Jn. a couple of kms down you are on ECR. A right on ECR and a few kms down the road would be Muttukadu / Kovalam which you would not miss.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:51   #161
BANNED

OMR - Krishnarajapuram (towards Hosur) - Outer Ring Road - left at Marathahalli - Varthur Road - right turn as you see Brigade Harmony apartments - ~10 km - left turn when you see BP bunk across the road - ~5 km - right turn at Sarjapura Circle - ~10 km - left at Attibele junction - 1.3 km to good roads

As you near Sriperumbudur, you will see a BP bunk to your left and two signs indicating Tambaram and Chengalpet - take the Chengalpet road - once you join NH45, ask for Vandalur Zoo and take the road adjacent to it. When you reach Kelambakkam junction, take a right turn and an almost immediate left (Southern Residency signboard) - follow the winding road, pay toll before East Coast Road, turn left and about ~2 km later, Fish Cove turn off is on your right.

Check with madan80 as well - he's taken the road from NH45 Mahindra City to Sriperumbudur. You can completely bypass Chennai city this way.

Which car? Civic and other low GC cars - avoid Varthur - Sarjapura route and take ORR until Bellandur junction and turn left.

Last edited by hrag : 9th June 2009 at 10:52.
Old 9th June 2009, 11:00   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Which car? Civic and other low GC cars - avoid Varthur - Sarjapura route and take ORR until Bellandur junction and turn left.
Better to take the left at the end (near Sun city). Belandur route is also with stupid spead breakers.
Old 9th June 2009, 11:19   #163
BANNED

Quote:
As you near Sriperumbudur, you will see a BP bunk to your left and two signs indicating Tambaram and Chengalpet - take the Chengalpet road - once you join NH45, ask for Vandalur Zoo and take the road adjacent to it. When you reach Kelambakkam junction, take a right turn and an almost immediate left (Southern Residency signboard) - follow the winding road, pay toll before East Coast Road, turn left and about ~2 km later, Fish Cove turn off is on your right.
The route from NH45 to NH4: (read this backwards for your onward journey)

Singaperumal Koil - turn left - after some distance, turn right onto SH57: Aappur - Oragadam - Vallakottai - Pondur - Sriperumbudur

Just after you cross the Axles India factory, you will reach the GQ after Sriperumbudur bypass and the Rajiv Gandhi memorial.
Old 9th June 2009, 12:54   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The route from NH45 to NH4: (read this backwards for your onward journey)

Singaperumal Koil - turn left - after some distance, turn right onto SH57: Aappur - Oragadam - Vallakottai - Pondur - Sriperumbudur

Just after you cross the Axles India factory, you will reach the GQ after Sriperumbudur bypass and the Rajiv Gandhi memorial.
Hrishi I have used this road a couple of times last about 2/3 months back when the road conditions were not so great, which was the reason I had suggested to use the Chennai Byepass, you would lose a lot of time on the route which you are suggesting as in some places you have to get onto the shoulder to leave way for on coming vehicles. You could reach Maduravayol from Sriperumbudur in about 30 minutes max irrespecitve of the traffic conditions and in another 30 minutes you would be at the Vandalur Jn. again irrespecitve of the traffic conditions along with the additional advantage of not taking any of the smaller roads.
Old 9th June 2009, 13:06   #165
BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys. I drive a Ford Ikon. Low ground clearance, of course, so I'll follow the advice to avoid Varthur road. If I understand correctly, my ideal route would be

1) OMR->KR Puram->OOR->Bellandur->Left to Sarjapur Rd->Right turn at Sarjapura Circle ~10 km -> Left at Attibele junction.
2) NH-7 to Hosur->Krishnagiri->NH-46???->Sriperumbudur
3) Chengalpet road->NH-45->Vandalur Zoo->Kelambakkam junction->East coast Road

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks