Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2021, 20:30   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVaas View Post
Girish, there are no checkposts or security checks on either state borders. I just did an entire Mumbai to Gujarat & Kutch and back ride on my bike with my wife - no checks whatsoever.

Entering/exiting MAH - no checks.
Entering/exiting GUJ - no checks.

Double vaccination certificate is a good document to carry in case of hotel check-ins (if any). Have a safe trip!
Thanks but the news just in about detection of the new variant here may trigger some more controls in the border is the latest thought running in the mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Yes, the guideline mentioned in that news is air travel specific, but we all know how these guidelines can be conveniently tweaked according to the whims and fancies of the "public servants", don't we? Unless the govt circular explicitly mentions that these rules are applicable only for air travel and not for road, I wouldn't be surprised if the cops ask for one even while entering MH.
True this is the exact same feeling and feel like just getting a swab done just to be fully at peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
This is revised one for Maharashtra.

Only mentions about Domestic Air Travel and nothing about travel by other means. Moreover, either negative RT-PCR or full vaccination is required to enter Maharashtra for domestic air travelers.
Thanks that helps to view the latest circular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
But isn't this still referring to domestic travel by Air and nothing that says it is also applicable for road travel?
Yes as discussed earlier there are no clear instructions so far as road border crossing is concerned.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 20:51   #1262
BHPian

I returned from Varodara to Mumbai today. There’s no checking anywhere as of now. The border is totally open for private vehicles.
Crow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 23:14   #1263
BHPian

There was TV news on 29th November that vehicles entering Karnataka will have to produce RTPCR test reports, especially from TN, KL & MH. Did anyone enter KA via TN-Bangalore or AP-Bangalore and if there are any checks in the state borders.
mail2vm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 11:25   #1264
BHPian

We will be doing a longish road trip from December 10 to December 29th spanning: Hyderabad > Jabalpur> Agra> Mussorie> Corbett> Naldehra> Manali> Delhi> Agra> Indore> Ujjain> Bhopal> Hyderabad

Will appreciate if anyone can help point latest travel guidelines regarding RTPCR tests.. We are 4 adults (fully vaccinated) and 1 kid who is 7 year old.

It isn't clear if we still need RTPCR tests reports.
Old 4th December 2021, 10:30   #1265
BHPian

On 3rd afternoon entered Karnataka from Ananthapur District in AP and there was no checking at all.
Old 6th December 2021, 08:51   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Goa also seems to have jumped on to the mandatory RT-PCR bandwagon, irrespective of vaccination status.

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/cov...s-4521224.html
Old 6th December 2021, 11:12   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post

Will appreciate if anyone can help point latest travel guidelines regarding RTPCR tests.. We are 4 adults (fully vaccinated) and 1 kid who is 7 year old.

It isn't clear if we still need RTPCR tests reports.
Has anyone tried Rapid Antigen Tests? Are they a substitute for RT PCR tests (for the purpose of road travel)?

If yes, they can be pretty helpful because apparently we can take it by self and results are out in 15 minutes
(I just saw an advertisement for Apollo's test, not sure if these are accepted or how easy it is to administer the tests)
Old 6th December 2021, 12:42   #1268
BHPian

I am planning to drive down to Kerala from Bangalore via Salem - Coimbatore. Do we still need to take Tamilnadu epass?
I tried to take it from https://eregister.tnega.org (Inter-State travel registration for Individuals) option.

It's asking me to upload travel reason document. Normally for an annual vacation what document we can upload or I am looking at some different options?
Old 6th December 2021, 12:59   #1269
BHPian

I had uploaded Aadhaar card pdf and nobody bothered to check it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I am planning to drive down to Kerala from Bangalore via Salem - Coimbatore. Do we still need to take Tamilnadu epass?
I tried to take it from https://eregister.tnega.org (Inter-State travel registration for Individuals) option.

It's asking me to upload travel reason document. Normally for an annual vacation what document we can upload or I am looking at some different options?
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 14:21   #1270
BHPian

Quote:

You can upload any document. Aadhar, Driving licence, etc.
Old 6th December 2021, 14:23   #1271
BHPian

Quote:

If you are travelling from Hosur side you do not need an e pass. But it is better to take as it is auto generated. Also keep double vaccination certificates with you.
hydtraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 21:33   #1272
BHPian

Any latest information on the restrictions/requirements to travel from Tamilnadu to Kerala(Munnari via Bodi) and return? I will be starting from Bangalore and planning to take e-pass for passing through Tamilnadu.

Any first hand information will be highly appreciated.
Old 6th December 2021, 22:20   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Any latest information on the restrictions/requirements to travel from Tamilnadu to Kerala(Munnari via Bodi) and return? I will be starting from Bangalore and planning to take e-pass for passing through Tamilnadu.

Any first hand information will be highly appreciated.
At the KL borders, they typically check for the double vaccination certificates for the adults and the Kerala e-pass (which can be applied here: https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit)
Aiel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 18:12   #1274
BHPian

Dear all,

I will be driving down from Gurgaon to Chennai this weekend.

10-Dec-2021 - Gurugram to Seoni
11-Dec-2021 - Seoni to Hyderabad
12-Dec-2021 - Hyderabad to Chennai

I am searching for information regarding current guidelines for crossing borders. However I have been unsuccessful in digging out the data online.

Request someone to clarify if there are any guidelines regarding RT-PCR/Double Vaccine Certificate for road travel in Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Telengana, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu ?

During my onward journey in the 3rd week of November Via Karnataka there was absolutely zero checks anywhere. I passed via Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan and ended up at Haryana.

EDIT: I am double vaccinated and have the certificate handy. However would like to know the current guidelines for awareness.

Last edited by Shanksta : 8th December 2021 at 18:14.
Old 10th December 2021, 16:44   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Just crossed MH-KA border while traveling to Goa. We were stopped for the Covid check, cop asked where we were going, gave the RT PCR reports a cursory glance, and sent us on our way. Didn't take more than 15-20 seconds at the most.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks