Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 22:19   #586
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Would you have any idea about Blr to mumbai. I suppose coming in from Karnataka to Maharashtra doesn't require a negative covid report?
We had done the reverse trip in the first week of February. My brief report for that trip can be found here (Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries).

Regarding any restrictions, Maharashtra has not put any restrictions on travel from Karnataka to Maharashtra and there is no requirement of a negative report.

Please note that this is subject to change and keep an eye out for any news/announcements close to your travel date.
Old 26th February 2021, 09:57   #587
BHPian

Hi

Planning to drive from Mumbai to Hyderabad to Bengaluru this weekend (Feb 28-Mar 1st) and returning in 3-4 days. Please share any updates on restrictions on private vehicles at state borders as I would be crossing Karnataka, Telangana and AP.

If we are carrying a negative report how latest should the report be to convince cops at checkpoints?

Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 16:28   #588
BHPian

As fate would have it, there is an unavoidable travel which I need to undertake from Pune to Silvassa.

Given the recent rapid changes, I am not sure what the new advisory for interstate travel is. The news websites are increasing the confusion.
Requesting help from our members who might have travelled between Maharashtra and Gujrat post 22nd Feb to share the on-ground reality.

- Is RT-PCR test report mandatory?
- Is an e-pass required to re-enter MH?
- Is an e-pass required to enter D&H?
- In absence of RT-PCR report, what is the current SOP?

I will be starting from Pune in the evening around 6:00 PM and will be at the state border by 11 PM. Will again start from Silvassa around 5:00 AM and will be at the border by around 6:00 AM. If all goes well, might have to travel back to Silvassa and again back to Pune in the same order as above the same day. (I know, its kind of an endurance run)

Any inputs in this regards is highly appreciated. Date is not fixed yet, but the travel will mostly happen during the next week.
Old 27th February 2021, 13:42   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Please share any updates on restrictions on private vehicles at state borders as I would be crossing Karnataka, Telangana and AP.

If we are carrying a negative report how latest should the report be to convince cops at checkpoints?

Thanks
I do not think that there are restrictions between any of those states, except when entering Karnataka from Maharashtra. I passed through the border in my vehicle and have posted my experience here (Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions).

There are no checks/restrictions/entry requirements at the other borders (at present).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Any inputs in this regards is highly appreciated. Date is not fixed yet, but the travel will mostly happen during the next week.
I had driven from Mumbai to Gujarat and back, two weeks back. There were no checks at that time at the borders in both directions (even though Maharashtra had mentioned that arrivals from Gujarat require negative RT-PCR test results, which seems to apply only for train and flight passengers).
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 20:14   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I had driven from Mumbai to Gujarat and back, two weeks back. There were no checks at that time at the borders in both directions (even though Maharashtra had mentioned that arrivals from Gujarat require negative RT-PCR test results, which seems to apply only for train and flight passengers).
Thank you for your inputs!

I too travelled on the Valentine's weekend and week after that. I was traveling alone and was stopped at MH border. Since I was wearing the mask and also had my seat belts on, I was allowed to go. No questions asked.
There were no checks on the week after. I was traveling with my son and a friend.

The new rules have come into effect only after 22nd Feb is what I understand.
Need to ensure there are no issues as I will be traveling with a 8 month old kid. If there are indeed any checks happening will get the required tests done before hand.
Old 28th February 2021, 22:05   #591
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Guys, is it possible to travel from Goa to Maharashtra by road? Any requirements / restrictions?

I am planning to drive tomorrow morning...can anyone please confirm? The guidelines are not specific about road travel?
Old 1st March 2021, 11:38   #592
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone help in clarifying if there is any relaxation like before for tourists entering and leaving Odisha within a 72 hours window to avoid the newly imposed 7 day home quarantine mandate?

Source: https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...19536-amp.html
Old 1st March 2021, 12:34   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Guys, is it possible to travel from Goa to Maharashtra by road? Any requirements / restrictions?

I am planning to drive tomorrow morning...can anyone please confirm? The guidelines are not specific about road travel?
Well if you are driving to Goa by passing through Karnataka, be ready to show the Covid negative test report.

If the folks at the checkpoint are sensible they may let you travel without a test certificate (since your destination is Goa) but good to have it (-ve report)and drive.

A BHPian drove from Mumbai to Bangalore and he was stopped at the entry point (Before Nippani) and asked to produce the test documents.
Old 1st March 2021, 12:39   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Well if you are driving to Goa by passing through Karnataka, be ready to show the Covid negative test report.

If the folks at the checkpoint are sensible they may let you travel without a test certificate (since your destination is Goa) but good to have it (-ve report)and drive.

A BHPian drove from Mumbai to Bangalore and he was stopped at the entry point (Before Nippani) and asked to produce the test documents.
Did he have the test? I am going from Goa to Mumbai...via Nippani...

Can we do the test there itself? Like the airport, with results coming in 24 hours?
Old 1st March 2021, 12:42   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did he have the test? I am going from Goa to Mumbai...via Nippani...
He was driving with his parents and he had the test reports for all 3 of them.

Quote:
Can we do the test there itself? Like the airport, with results coming in 24 hours?
I am not sure about this. Better is to get the test done while in Mumbai through authorized private labs(like he did) and drive.

Other choice is to not enter Karnataka at all and enter Goa via other options, Amba Ghat or any other.

However, I am not sure of rules applicable in Goa. I am talking about checks when entering Karnataka from MH and since you will drive to Goa, most prefer taking Ajra Amboli route for which you will need to cross this checkpost.
Old 1st March 2021, 12:51   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
since you will drive to Goa, most prefer taking Ajra Amboli route for which you will need to cross this checkpost.
I am going from Goa to Maharashtra!
Old 1st March 2021, 12:55   #597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Then apologies. I actually thought you were driving the other way. The posts should still help others though .

Also, in your case you need not have any test certificate. The same friend drove to Mumbai from Bangalore on Thursday and returned this morning.
Old 1st March 2021, 14:02   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you want to avoid entering Karnataka totally, you can take the following route to join the NH4 near Kagal, which is taken from this post (Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries) on the Mumbai - Goa route query thread. It will take slightly longer, but will bypass the border checks for Covid test reports (if any).

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Am...16.5886465!3e0

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 1st March 2021 at 14:07.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:50   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
If you want to avoid entering Karnataka totally, you can take the following route to join the NH4 near Kagal, which is taken from this post (Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries) on the Mumbai - Goa route query thread. It will take slightly longer, but will bypass the border checks for Covid test reports (if any).
This was a great route! Thanks a lot for the help.

Love TeamBHP!
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 10:00   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Need to ensure there are no issues as I will be traveling with a 8 month old kid. If there are indeed any checks happening will get the required tests done before hand.
Sorry for bumping up my own post. Found a TOI article published on 1st March. Sharing it here for benefit of people planning to travel by road to MH.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/81266368.cms

From this article, I understand that road users will only be screened at the state border and an Antigen test will be conducted only if any symptoms are found in the traveler.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks