Team-BHP - The Best Roads In India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   The Best Roads In India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/2198-best-roads-india.html)

so which is it...the road on which u can just cruise and just forget abt the rest of the world.....the road that makes owning that car u have apleasure ...
go ahead....india is truly shining...!

by the way i say mumbai pune expressway

The Karwar road, according to me, is the best road. It was rated 2nd best in India, by Autocar. Overdrive adores it for the sheer driving pleasure it provides.

Regards...
Shan2nu

the mumbai pune expressway by a large margin for me !!!

just imagine , if all the roads in india were like that ...it would be motoring nirvana !!!!!

cheers:D

The road from Margao to Karwar is easily the smoothest and most beautiful road I've ever driven on in India.
The Mumbai - Goa highway and Mumbai - Ahmedabad highway are other roads I love.
The Mumbai - Pune Expressway is fast, but too straight and rather boring.

L&T Coimbatore by pass- great surface - but single lane - gotta stop every now and then to check tickets - and the odd bullock cart

what about the chennai-mahabalipuram road....amazing surface, coastal raod, not much traffic.

well, the mumbai-pune expressway is frankly boring, once i hit 210 kph for the first time i was very excited, but then there was nothing else to it. of course it's very convinient but thats not the point. from where i have been, id have to say the mumbai-goa highway, don't quite remember the NH number, but great set of turns and straights. very entertaining to drive on. i would love to get a set of wheels on a good set of twisties someday.

NH17!!! Without any doubt. The drive from Bombay to Goa is to die for, its totally isolated and I make sure I leave Bombay at 3 a.m. latest, to beat whatever scarse traffic there exists on this stretch. The long never ending straights, perfectly curved right and left handers, decent amount of ghat sections and the scenery all around...boy Indian roads really dont get much better than this. The best part about the Mumbai-Goa is the absolute lack of traffic, and if you are lucky enough to leave on an unpopular day, you will end up seeing barely a truck or a bus every 20 minutes. Taking pit-stops every three hours at the dhabas for their delicious masala tea, having some good sound and company while pushing the car on the straights and corners alike is really something else. I have NEVER EVER taken any mode of transportation to Goa, beside the one that involves me behind the wheel!

But the best part of this drive is knowing what lies at your destination - GOA!! Beaches, beer and bikinis!

The Bombay-Pune expressway is also right up there for me, since I love top-speed testing of my cars and very few things get the adrenalin going more, than driving at 200+ km/h. I was in a state of sheer ecstacy as I was working the C Class through the gears between 140 to 210 km/hr last Sunday. Its truly the fastest and safest road that India has ever seen thus far.

GTO

Yeah GTO, that NH17 is a great road too, and guess what........the Karwar road ends at the Ankola cross and the road after that is, you guessed it........NH17!!. Lucky me, one good road leads to another.

If you think the NH17 is good, you have to try out the Karwar road atleast once man!!!

Regards...
Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]If you think the NH17 is good, you have to try out the Karwar road atleast once man!!!

What say, We have team-bhp's very own black, blue and silver Vtec's ripping that road apart.

GTO

That would be some sight man!!! I'm on...........

Regards...
Shan2nu

hey
i think u forgot to ask abt PALM BEACH ROAD. its in new mumbai & its 13km long..... without any speed breaker:p

Power Freak

NH17 and Mumbai Pune Expressway.

And also apna very own Marine Drive and Sea link.
And what abt my Seven Bungalows Road .....lol.....lol...........burnt every sat/sun by a Ferrari.

I'd have to vote India's National Highways are the best roads.....not only in india but in the world!@#!# really. Nothing like the desi blacktop with cows and incredibly dangerous corners and the familiar "horn ok please" notations!

NH17 is my personal favourite too.....just because i have spent some real quality time on that road and had a lot of *fun* experiences on it! And as GTO said, the destination is just as god as the drive!

I respect the Mumbai-Pune expressway in its purpose of facilitating transportation, but i find it thoroughly boring! Top speed testing is fun for a bit, but id pick a slow ghat section over that anyday.

PowerFreak, palm beach marg is cool too! I dont know if u guys have noticed, but i like the way the junctions have the blue-er streetlights so u know when u are approaching a junction ;-]
Also i seem to remember the road being 9.xkm long....?

damn im really missing indian roads in this boring road country! ;-]
cya
Rehaan

ps - there are some SPECTACULAR NH's up north... around nainital etc...dont remember..87maybe? 28? i donno..spectacular deep black roads running through green forests... and also this old logging road that is a 20m wide kacha mud and gravel road that makes u dream evo6.

Not been on too many NH roads But NH17 was really good. Sliding the car around those ghats, now thats driving on the edge. An i will second what GTO said.