Team-BHP - The Best Roads In India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   The Best Roads In India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/2198-best-roads-india-37.html)

Driven on NH4 Bangalore to Hubli (en route Goa), the road is AWESOME with couple of diversions (as of Sep 2010).

NH7, stretch from Bangalore to Hyderabad is BRILLIANT with 4 diversions (as of Sep 2010). Doing and maintaining 150 KMPH is easy and 120 KMPH seems pretty safe during day time as the some parts of road are arrow like straight and the roads are four lanes. Watch out for vehicles coming from opposite direction in your lane, these are generally locals who do not want to take U turn at specified places:rules:

Bangalore Chennai is outstanding! At times straight as an arrow.
I loved the scenic Mumbai Pune expressway as well.Bangalore - Pune would probably figure in my best 3 list

Some of the roads I enjoyed driving on:
  1. The Elivala-Hunsur (SH88).
  2. The NICE road in Bangalore
  3. Bangalore-Hubli (NH4), especially after Chitradurga
  4. Bangalore-Chennai (NH46) from Krishnagiri onwards
  5. The East Coast road (SH49) from Pondicherry to Chennai

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive_or_die (Post 2124129)
Driven on NH4 Bangalore to Hubli (en route Goa), the road is AWESOME with couple of diversions (as of Sep 2010).

NH7, stretch from Bangalore to Hyderabad is BRILLIANT with 4 diversions (as of Sep 2010). Doing and maintaining 150 KMPH is easy and 120 KMPH seems pretty safe during day time as the some parts of road are arrow like straight and the roads are four lanes. Watch out for vehicles coming from opposite direction in your lane, these are generally locals who do not want to take U turn at specified places:rules:

Check out the 93 Kms from Ahmedabad to Baroda termed "EXPRESWAY 1" You can hold 175 Kms eve in a Tata Marina, & still hae a few Mercs go past you !!!!

NH-45 joins the elite club of best roads in India.
Chennai to Dindigul
total distance - 472 KM
Excellent road condition and you can cruise at your own speed ( I have reached max 205).
Also this is one of the busiest highway in South India

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kairalee (Post 2164817)
Bangalore-Chennai (NH46) from Krishnagiri onward

So the road becomes less undulating after Krishnagiri ? I have driven only upto Krishnagiri from Bangalore, and found stretches with undulations / up and down movement :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by camchennai (Post 2175028)
NH-45 joins the elite club of best roads in India.
Chennai to Dindigul
total distance - 472 KM
Excellent road condition and you can cruise at your own speed ( I have reached max 205).
Also this is one of the busiest highway in South India

Is the widening of the Trichy-Dindigul sector complete?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooza (Post 2175110)
So the road becomes less undulating after Krishnagiri ? I have driven only upto Krishnagiri from Bangalore, and found stretches with undulations / up and down movement :)

Absolutely. The road to Chennai from Krishnagiri is almost straight the entire stretch and has very few undulations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 2175134)
Is the widening of the Trichy-Dindigul sector complete?

its in the completion stage, widening and road laying are over just some there are some intersection and culverts pending

The Best Roads In India-dsc_0383.jpg

The Best Roads In India-dsc_0385.jpg

The Best Roads In India-dsc_0386.jpg

The Best Roads In India-dsc_0387.jpg

Very few would argue that twisties get better than these.

And yes these are in India.

Enjoy.
ac

^^ Amazing twisties, looks too good to be true !

Please end the suspense and tell us where it is, so I can get there some time :)

Looks like separate roads / lanes for upcoming and downgoing traffic ?

Is this for real ?!?. Absolutely amazing view of the roads. Guess this shot was taken from some part of the road itself.

Yeah where is this place, please reveal that so we can put our trucks to an exciting test.

Of course, that must be the Zuluk sector in Sikkhim. Check out adc's travelogue in that area:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...k-jelepla.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kairalee (Post 2180217)
Is this for real ?!?. Absolutely amazing view of the roads. Guess this shot was taken from some part of the road itself.

Yeah where is this place, please reveal that so we can put our trucks to an exciting test.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooza (Post 2180182)
^^ Amazing twisties, looks too good to be true !

Please end the suspense and tell us where it is, so I can get there some time :)

Looks like separate roads / lanes for upcoming and downgoing traffic ?

these roads are in sikkim, en-route to nathu la. There are 2 roads that lead to nathula, this is the longer one, goes via zuluk. Check my travelouge for the same.

this is one of the best roads i have ever been on.

cheers,
ac

NH7. Bangalore to Kanyakumari. Absolute blast to drive.