Team-BHP - The Best Roads In India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   The Best Roads In India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/2198-best-roads-india-29.html)

The Manali-Leh road deserves the first place! :)

Some of the best roads I have been on:
Pune-Mumbai expressway.
Chennai - Pondycherry.

Potential best roads coming up in couple of years.
ORR around Hyderabad.
Hyderabad - Bangalore NH7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loganromeo (Post 1183294)
Any feedback on the Bhopal - Nagpur road? Been wanting to do that stretch for a while.

lol: If you derive pleasure from pain then you should head for MP. That state possibly has the worst roads in the country!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 1201798)
lol: If you derive pleasure from pain then you should head for MP. That state possibly has the worst roads in the country!!

You mean they've overtaken the known devil Bihar?! :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 1201798)

You would have been right a couple of years back as about 90% of highway roads were bad, this % however has come down sharply off late thanks to the current BJP govt :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupmathur (Post 1201934)
You mean they've overtaken the known devil Bihar?! :Shockked:

Haven't traveled there but yes at one time the roads in MP were so bad that you would wake up from Sleep once you reach MP border even if you were under influence of anesthesia lol:

well roads are developing in MP after bjp took over but not that fast as one expects but still, as i do visit there after 15 years i've seen roads being constructed now which is a good move.
Best road i've driven till now is Ahmedabad-Vadodara Expressway which is straight down 100Kms and fun to drive, just some pedastrains and animals distract inbetween which no one looks at, which are not allowed to be in this expressway.

For Puneites, the road to Mulshi from Chandni Chowk is just marvelous. Perfect for a weekend drive. Long straights and winding turns in the hills. Fantastic scenery!! Another good one is the road to Mahabaleshwar.

This morning did about 70 kms of the new Hyderabad - Bangalore highway on my bike. There's one word to describe it, pure Ferrari country. The road is simply fabulous and finally one can look forward to some great drives and rides.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 1204032)
The road is simply fabulous and finally one can look forward to some great drives and rides.

Also perhaps some great 'last drives & rides'? LOL!
Such is the fate of all the good speed-enabled roads in our country! :D

I have really enjoyed driving on following roads

1. DND toll for delhi noida
2. Noida to greater Noida
3. some really amazing stretches can be found in delhi jaipur and delhi chandigarh.
4. Mumbai Pune expressway
5. Bangalore Mysore
6. Hyderabad Bangalore

Well, for me as I love driving in city and have always loved to drive on Chandigarh roads as they are just lovely and a well mannered traffic with properly regulated and well guided transportation system. the attachments here are of some In city roads and some roads that I wish to never have travelled. with potholes and the pot hole with its bones out is not on a regular road but on the road to manali which we say is a NH (maybe 21) and is on a bridge :Shockked: which makes it too amazing... hehe. But as i have seen chandigarh roads are some good ones. now thats my opinion.:)

Also i have been on mum-pune expressway, but unfortunately wasent driving and also to mention that its too crowded to drive but is a fantastic road to squeeze on your throttle.

Three of my favorite drives are:

Ladakh - Leh (Only done once in my life but was well worth it!!!)

Jaipur - Hanumangarh / Udaipur - Jaisalmer (Absolutely straight stretches of well built road amidst the stark naked desert with not a single vehicle in sight for miles... In other words, BLISS)

I have driven to very less cities by road but have done lot between Vadodara-Ahmedabad. The express way is just lovely to drive at. Wonder such quality of free ways can be built in India too. Only thing i didnt like about this stretch was that there is only one pump in the whole stretch so kinda little difficult if some newbie starts on it and finds he is running out of fuel and there is no pump ahead !!! But apart from it the journey on this stretch is very nice.

Recently the roads in India are improving and here are some photos of GOOD Roads.
Four laning of stretch between Thirumangalam and Virudhunagar (NH7) is completed and excellent.
The cat's eye glitters in the dark giving indication of the lane.

I think that the guwahati-shillong road is one of the most fun to drive roads in India. Lots of corners, some decent straights and mostly good road manners.

The guwahati-tezpur is another favourite.

Kolkata-Dhanbad is a fantastic road though road manners are quite poor.