Team-BHP - The Best Roads In India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   The Best Roads In India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/2198-best-roads-india-23.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hormaz (Post 504297)
I Like the Bangalore-Mysore road, simply love the bends. lol:

Except for the annoying speed breakers, especially a couple of unmarked ones.

And the jaywalkers. And the bullock carts without reflectors. And the ... (enough griping).

My fave: The GQ stretch between Krishnagiri and Chennai. I'm sure about 50+ TBHPians who came along for the 14/7 meet will agree.

Bangalore - Mysore road has its downsides, but the NICE road stretch from Bannerghatta road to Mysore road is great to do TDs. I just wish it gets completed sooner.

'Best' has different perspectives... My best roads are...
As for best road to just cruise ahead... GT Road...
Smooth curves - I like Doon-Mussorie road...
Chandigarh Shimla road
Scenice beauty - Dharampur Kasauli road
.... and the list goes on...

My choice is limited to north india only... as haven't gone farther than that till now!!!

-Ankush

let the bandra worli sea link start then i am sure it will be the best road in india..

If you guys want a really exciting drive do the banglore to ooty road via kallati. Fantastic. 36 harpin bends. They just keep coming one after the other. Should be about 16% gradient i believe. Not meant for those faint hearted. if you are lucky you can see an odd bison or few wild elephats. This is really exciting road.

as far as i have seen bangalore-mysore is excellent
also the l&t bypass coimbatore...

THE best roads in my opinion is the pankhabari road.. shortcut from silliguri to kurseong then to darj. tough, narrow, 1ST gear inclines, winding and great views.

Some of my favourites:-

1. NH4
(Mumbai-Pune Expressway is a joy continuing further to Bangalore (~850Km's). Although work-in-progress in certain stretches and the Khambatki ghat loosing it's charm it's great fun to drive and unwind. Belgaum-Kolhapur stretch is one stretch where you can really rip your wheels.
2. NH17 (Mumbai-Goa) Awesome sights particularly in the rains.
3. Pune-Mahabaleshwar-Mahad and Pune-Shrivardhan via Bhor ghat.
Amazing thrill raising hair-pin bends with tall mountains on one side and deep valleys on the other. An experience in the rains with tiny waterfalls to cross.
4. Bangalore-Mysore
5. Bangalore-Kodaikanal

regards,
YVR

My Favs,
From South,
Bangalore-Chickmagalur -- Lovely scenic route.Road is also in good condition.
Bangalore Chitradurga GQ - Good to drive in High Speed. not that scenic though.
Ooty-Kodanadu View point-- the most scenic route in the Nilgiris and well tarred also.This is not the normal route that goes via Kunnur but the one which is from the Doddabetta view point. The road to red hills/avalanche was in pathetic condition but it's very very very beautiful.
Munnar-Thekkaddy -- Probably the best road in Kerala, be it the view or the road.

From North East,
Shillong - Cherapunji - the most beautiful and scenic routes I've ever been.just awesome.
Sibsagar - Tinsukia - Digboi - Though there are few stretches(Very few) of bad roads but the drive through the tea-gardens and over the lovely rivers makes it worthy of the drive.The tinsukia - Digboi stretch runs parellel to the railway track and it's a lovely good road.
regards,
Kaushik

My favourite: Manali - Leh!

_____________________________:Cheering:
BTW, what's a road?

Bangalore - Mysore coridor(NICE). Its really flat and you hardly find curves. i think this is the road to test max speed of any cars.

Guys, I had been to GOA before the rains with family, took NH4 - Mumbai Pune Expressway, maxed - 190 Kmph, then NH-17, average 100 - 110 Kmph, must say, it's the best experience I had on indian roads.

have a few favourites...

NH-4

Mumbai Pune Express Way

Palm Beach Road(Mumbai)

Koregaon Park Lanes(Pune)(just love to cruise around)

In terms of driving pleasure the Delhi Jaipur road is good! NH-8 that is.

In terms of a combination of speed and cornering, Bangalore - Mysore is very very good. Mysore - Madikeri adds gradient to it too, but is not as smooth a surface.