Team-BHP - The Best Roads In India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   The Best Roads In India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/2198-best-roads-india-21.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 456728)
You guys should check out the road built by NICE that connects Bannerghatta Road to Mysore road. Absolutely marvellous. I will take some pics and post it here the next time i go there.

just went on that road today it truly is awesome. been on it a couple of times. cant wait till it's finished. the best part is visibility. you can see sooo far. banerghatta link to the to E-city stretch is bad.

Agra - Delhi road also desreves a mention, especially the stretch after mathura to kosi ( haryana border ) , I have done 150 + on my accent many times & 180 + in corrolla . Other road is Delhi - Jaipur, which I find is also decent.

Also I forgot to mention the chandigarh - manali road, good roads start after 80 kms after exiting chandigarh, it is beautiful once you hit the hills ... fantastic roads, I went on that road from agra - manali and back - total running 1750 kms, I wish I could put up some pics but as a newbie I ma not allowed to, let me know some other way of doing it. thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 457785)
I wish I could put up some pics but as a newbie I ma not allowed to, let me know some other way of doing it. thanks.

I think u are allowed to upload pics on ImageShack® - Hosting n post the link here.
What u are not allowed is having a garage gallery with your car pics !!

I voted for Mumbai - Pune expressway. I have driven on few National Highways but i liked Mumbai - Pune expressway.

My Vote for the GQ. The L&T in Ctore is very nice, but i really liked the GQ (Mas - BLR) stretch for the straights and banks.

MAS - BLR is really nice.. as Madan80 says, its got straights, smooth banks and a pleasure to drive. Ideal time - start at 6 AM and watch life unfurl.

i dont know if any one know about this one...
the road from nasik to saaputara which leads to mumbai- ahmedabad highway.... 2 hours full of just (drifting) corners...along with a view to cherish for a long time.... try it... by the way my preferences are as follows...
maharshtra roads--- decent
gujrat roads---good
rajasthan roads--- amazing...

Mangalore to Karwar..... great..

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenuKumar (Post 471438)
Mangalore to Karwar..... great..

But definitely not the Mangalore to Udupi stretch of NH17...it is a traffic nightmare...

Abhi

Voted for other.

Would rate the strech between dhimban to asanur one of the best. Though its pretty small ( about 10 kms ) its absolute bliss. Sweeping curves, ghats, nice tarmac...

Driving on Mumbai-Pune express highway is fun. I like to drive-through McDonalds just before the highway starts. This is the only road where I can eat while driving. From travelling from Pune to Mumbai, I collect good hot coffee from CCD outlet at the Petrol pump. Good food, coffee and some music you can enjoy only on this stretch.

I recently travelled from Pune to Panchgani/Mahabaleshwar, this road is also quite nice, especially after you leave GQ stretch for Wai. More than the top speed, you enjoy driving on this road.

I've driven on the Durgapur Expressway which is a bypass road of NH2 and runs from Calcutta to Burwan...and found it too good...I think its the best road in West Bengal.

Ahmedabad - Baroda Express way is just too good. The road is straight for miles and miles and anyone who wants to drive a top speeds, it is a boon. I drove my Fiat Adventure at 180 KM/H for almost 10 KMs

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabret00the (Post 473063)
I've driven on the Durgapur Expressway which is a bypass road of NH2 and runs from Calcutta to Burwan...and found it too good...I think its the best road in West Bengal.

Ya that road is excellent from Vivekananda Bridge, I did Vivekananda bridge to Siuri in 2.5 hours, a distance of 225km in Sept2006

NH2 till Darjeeling More was a breeze

Plus I also like the Kharagpur to Angua stretch....
Abhi