Team-BHP - The Best Roads In India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   The Best Roads In India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/2198-best-roads-india-20.html)

I have never seen the kind of working, being done to roads these days. I think each city will have a bypass and who so ever is passing through the city, will take bypass road. This way traffic in city will reduce and it will also reduce the polution level of cities and it will also make life easy for those, who are on long distance driving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BunnyPunia (Post 422866)

[/b]

holy crap! Are you SURE this is India! Where is this road!

Quote:

5) Hosur - Krishnagiri - Vaniyambadi
Takes my breath away. Even before the GQ, this route was a dream to drive on, i am not talking speed. Lovely scenery, big boulders & small mountains everywhere &the road goes up & down like a roller coaster. fantastic drive.

Munnar to Kumily in Kerala. Breath taking... And I wish they open the Munnar-Kodai road for atleast trekking. I dont enjoy driving on flat and smooth roads. With all those speed limits, highway patrol and lousy drivers, its very restrictive. I would prefer hilly tracts .

I find from the responses here that roads connecting Chennai from most parts are quite good. Bangalore, Vijayawada, ECR etc. So is Chennai the most well connected city in terms of roads?

Quote:

Originally Posted by appuchan (Post 434664)
I find from the responses here that roads connecting Chennai from most parts are quite good. Bangalore, Vijayawada, ECR etc. So is Chennai the most well connected city in terms of roads?

Its because of the Golden Quadrilateral mainly. Being one of the 4 major edges of the quadrilateral, obviously the highways to the city would be good.

Bangalore is on the Chennai->Mumbai GQ. Vijaywada is on the Chennai->Kolkata GQ.

ECR is different. Some brilliant guy thought about it and executed it. I've done Pondicherry->Chennai (150kms approx) in 90 minutes (can't do it now!!) though its a normal 2 lane. It was supposed to stretch down the entire coast, but never went beyond Pondicherry.

Btw, if you go from Bangalore to Chennai, once you cross Poonamallee and go towards Koyambedu (which is Chennai entry point from one side), you can see the opposite of the GQ in that section. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 434357)
holy crap! Are you SURE this is India! Where is this road!

This was between Bhubaneshwar and Kolkata. Awesome is the word!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BunnyPunia (Post 435665)

To be precise, this looks like the Angua to Kharagpur stretch...I did this 60km in some 35min in my Alto during my trip...

Abhi

ahmedabad baroda express way

I ve heard a lot abt karwar road, not yet seen it though. IMO Coimbatore Palghat road is great...straight roads where I have touched 140kph in my M800!!!

well for for me its greater noida expressway.!

Quote:

would love to drive on this road , awesome.!

Mumbai- Pune Expressway and NH17 for me.. they rock!!

AgentOO7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent007 (Post 456217)
Mumbai- Pune Expressway and NH17 for me.. they rock!!

AgentOO7

Which part of NH17? Dont say between Mangalore - Udupi, it definitely doesnt rock !!!:Shockked:
NH17 is like Mumbai to Trivandrum....Let me know which stretch rocks...
I know for sure that Maravanthe to Goa border rocks...

abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 456252)
Which part of NH17? Dont say between Mangalore - Udupi, it definitely doesnt rock !!!:Shockked:
NH17 is like Mumbai to Trivandrum....Let me know which stretch rocks...
I know for sure that Maravanthe to Goa border rocks...

abhi

ohh!! didnt know that.. and i meant the bombay- goa strech, i forgot it extends beyond goa lol:

AgentOO7

You guys should check out the road built by NICE that connects Bannerghatta Road to Mysore road. Absolutely marvellous. I will take some pics and post it here the next time i go there.