Team-BHP - The Best Roads In India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   The Best Roads In India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/2198-best-roads-india-14.html)

Bangalore-Hassan-Mangalore is an amazing stretch of road for 360 km ranging from flat roads to ghat sections to winding roads as you get close to Mangalore, pure thrill drive, have traversed this road on a bike, car & SUV. Fastest managed was 4.5 hours

Another stretch worth mentioning is Bangalore-Shimoga-Karwar-Goa 640 km. Excluding for a 30 Km stretch the entire route is scenic with flat roads, its share or winding roads and ghats. I rate my on road travel experience on these roads the best in India till date

one of the best roads i have driven is from yellapur to karwar(not exactly a bit ahead of karwar) u get this route when travelling frm mumbai to mangalore its a hilly section with smooth almost fourway roads with dense trees covering both sides:Cheering::Cheering::Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogi1771
one of the best roads i have driven is from yellapur to karwar(not exactly a bit ahead of karwar) u get this route when travelling frm mumbai to mangalore its a hilly section with smooth almost fourway roads with dense trees covering both sides:Cheering::Cheering::Cheering:

thats the hubli-ankola Nh63 road

Nagpur city roads are very good with clean and smooth with less traffic. I will rate Nagpur roads as no 1 in comparision with Pune, hyderabad, Banglore

1) old bombay pune road rocks i am referring the ghat section its a dream doing those twisties at 70kmph with a steep incline and those extremely sharp U bends its fun btw i am referring to bikes. the expressway tends to get quite boring as the twisties are not there u need some bends.

2) the next best is the pune bangalore highway nice big bends and "unexpected diversions lol" but its fun going up kambatki again on bike.

What bout Delhi-Agra and Delhi-Chandigarh? They are awesome expressways. I've done 125 on my Maruti 800 there and it was smooth.

Hello,

I would easily rate the Maravanthe section on the NH 17 as one of the most scenic. Open sea and beach on one side, palm fringed backwater on another side makes this stretch of road as one of the most scenic.

Coming a close second would be the Munnar - Thekkady route. Manicured tea gardens slowly give way to dense forests.

Venkat

Mumbai-Pune Expressway

I think we can soon add the Mumbai-Nashik highway to this list as it's being widened into 4 lanes which will reduce the travelling time from 3.5-4 hours to 2.5 hours. However, what made me add to this thread was this news report. I quote from the report:

Quote:

The Kasara Ghats is the most congested stretch of the Mumbai-Nashik highway. In 2004, Nationalist Congress Party chief Sharad Pawar was caught in a traffic jam there for about two hours, while proceeding from Mumbai to Nashik. The first thing he did on reaching Nashik was to call up the departments concerned to take up the four-laning of the highway.
Two points here:

1. I hope Mr. Pawar starts travelling by road all the time. :)

2. After calling up the departments to take up 4 laning, he should have taken some time to think about how detached he and every politician is from the common man who, ironically, they claim to represent. The 2 hour traffic jam that his lordship mr. politician got stuck in ONCE IN HIS LIFETIME was so shocking to him that he decided to take immediate action. Didn't he know how bad or how little infrastructure the government has built in almost 60 years or did he think that he and his colleagues have built autobahn's for Indians? I fail to understand what was so shocking about the 2 hour traffic jam for Mr. Pawar?

Politicians in India dont think themselves to be lesser than gods. And god getting struck in a traffic Jam? "Blasphemous"

delhi - chandigarh highway
delhi - jaipur highway and

for scenic beauty
jaipur - ajmer highway (by pass)

NH-8 between jaipur and ajmer is very good all the way 6lanes and no turns only 3 bends

Hi though I didn't had the patience to read through all the posts, so I don't know if anybody has already posted about the roads in the far North east of our country, Far beyond Gwahati and assam. Man you allare going to love the roads the scenery the twists, and bends and in the correct season you will have clouds trying to shake hands with you if you keep the windows down. Dont go on my words, try try them sometimes If you can. Satisfaction guaranteed, with money back policy

mumbai pune expressway for me... never drove on other roads wxcept for that one and i just love it... can you imagine 6 lanes???? its just amazing guys... one of a knd.. in india

Guys, The expressway is ofcourse an awesome road, but has anyone been on NH4 recently? (Old bombay -pune road). They've completely redone it, completely tarred all the way, it definitely rates among the nicest drives as of now!!!
Suhail