Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2024, 14:20   #1276
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

While driving from Hyderabad I prefer to drive through Kolhapur to get to NH 48.
Viraj Junction at Koganoli (between Kolhapur and Nipani) is an excellent place to take a break. Plenty of parking, very clean and well maintained, and lots of options for food.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/s22YLydP13EdZp5P9
John is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 14:21   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnbi View Post
Okay, so we completed our Trip (22nd -28th March) in our Brand new Harrier.. HYD to GOA (Vagator) - It took us 12 hours 30 minutes including 3 small breaks and 1 lunch break of about an hour. While doing HYD to GOA, we took HYD>Solapur>Sangli>Nipani>Gadhalganj>Chandragarh>T ilarinagar>Mapusa>Vagator... Roads were EXCELLENT throughout except some diversion at Gadhalganj..
This was of great help to me. Thanks a lot xlnbi. I took this route last Friday to Varca, Goa from HYD. Roads were in very good condition except for the stretch before Solapur (from Maharashtra border to Solapur when we go towards Goa). Issue is that, all 4 lanes of the highway, road has caved in due to the weight from heavy trucks that frequent the route. This makes changing lanes at high speed very dangerous. When I came back it was raining heaving as well in this stretch and navigating the stretch at night was very difficult. I was driving a Honda Amaze and it even bottomed out once while travelling at around 80kmph due to this undulations. Luckily only the engine cover hit the road.

Based on your recommendation, I also stopped at Amar Pure Veg for both onward and return journey and found the place to be very good. Clean toilets, good food and adequate parking area.

For me onward journey took 12 hrs 30 mins which includes 2 breaks (40 mins for breakfast and 50 mins for lunch). Started at 4:40 AM from HYD and reached Varca by 5:10pm

While coming back, it took around 13 hours. Just took 1 break for lunch at Amar Pure Veg Nippani. Started at 8:40AM from Varca and reached HYD by 9:30 PM.
daniel_sam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 18:06   #1278
BHPian

We recently drove to Goa from Hyderabad taking pretty much the same route both ways (with minor variations). Roads were really great about 95% of the time, with bits of ongoing work and diversions as other members have already mentioned about this route.

Onward - 11hr 35min (4:31am start; 4:06pm end)
Hyderabad > Solapur > Sangli > Boragaon > Nipani > Bugatealur > Bahirewadi > Uttur > Pernoli > Gavse > Amboli > Nimgajgawadi > Mapusa > Varca

Return - 12hr 28min (9:02am start; 9:30pm end)
Varca > Mapusa > Nimgajgawadi > Amboli > Ajara > Uttur > Bahirewadi > Bugatealur > Nipani > Boragaon > Sangli > Solapur > Hyderabad

Based on recommendations in this forum, we stopped at Amar along the NH48, for lunch, and really enoyed the food there. They have adequate parking slots out front, and clean restrooms.

Full credit goes to the Toyota Fortuner, for being the effortless mile muncher that it is, and for carrying us to and fro safely and comfortably.

Last edited by arnieshwartz : 23rd May 2024 at 18:08. Reason: added start and end times
arnieshwartz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 11:30   #1279
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for the nearest railway station to Vagator beach from Pune. Which is the station I should be looking forward to? Both Margaon and Vasco Da Gama seems quite a distance.

Please assist.
Old 29th July 2024, 22:58   #1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
We recently drove to Goa from Hyderabad taking pretty much the same route both ways (with minor variations). Roads were really great about 95% of the time, with bits of ongoing work and diversions as other members have already mentioned about this route.

Onward - 11hr 35min (4:31am start; 4:06pm end)
Hyderabad > Solapur > Sangli > Boragaon > Nipani > Bugatealur > Bahirewadi > Uttur > Pernoli > Gavse > Amboli > Nimgajgawadi > Mapusa > Varca

Return - 12hr 28min (9:02am start; 9:30pm end)
Varca > Mapusa > Nimgajgawadi > Amboli > Ajara > Uttur > Bahirewadi > Bugatealur > Nipani > Boragaon > Sangli > Solapur > Hyderabad

Based on recommendations in this forum, we stopped at Amar along the NH48, for lunch, and really enoyed the food there. They have adequate parking slots out front, and clean restrooms.

Full credit goes to the Toyota Fortuner, for being the effortless mile muncher that it is, and for carrying us to and fro safely and comfortably.
Thank you so much for recommending this route. I could do this in 10:30 hrs (4:00am start; 2:30pm end) last week. Breakfast in Solapur and Lunch at Mapusa, Goa. Road from Solpaur to Miraj Bypass was the best. It was wonderful experience to drive through Amboli. We were heading Calagunte but would take the same route for South Goa as well. Wish Omerga to Solapur section gets improved soon, so that we can even shorten this time by 30 mins atleast.
southpro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 07:26   #1281
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any recent update regarding the Sholapur - Sangli - Nipani - Amboli route?
Old 24th September 2024, 12:34   #1282

Seeking suggestions for the best pitstop enroute Goa on the Hyd-> Solapur->Sangli_>Amboli->Canlangute route. I'm travelling with my 2 kids (2 yo and 5 yo) and Sangli seems to be the perfect mid point. Does this town have decent hotels for overnight stay and would be grateful any hotel recommendations! I'm travelling on the 5th of Oct 2024 on my 4th Gen Honda City. TIA

Last edited by Seshadri Kannan : 24th September 2024 at 12:54. Reason: Added Vehicle type to stay updated on road recommendations for Low GC
Old 29th September 2024, 07:50   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seshadri Kannan View Post
Seeking suggestions for the best pitstop enroute Goa on the Hyd-> Solapur->Sangli_>Amboli->Canlangute route. I'm travelling with my 2 kids (2 yo and 5 yo) and Sangli seems to be the perfect mid point. Does this town have decent hotels for overnight stay and would be grateful any hotel recommendations! I'm travelling on the 5th of Oct 2024 on my 4th Gen Honda City. TIA
If you start early, you can do this trip during day time itself. But with kids if you wish to take a pitstop, I feel Kolhapur or Belgavi could be better options as both places have nice hotels, good connectivity and also you can do some local sightseeing and shopping. Kolhapur has Mahalaxmi temple and yes the footwears worth buying. Belgavi on the other hand is much closer and also has decent food options to offer. At Kolhapur you can stay at Sayaji or Topaz(famous Tambada rassa) and at Belgaum Sankam Residency has decent rooms and a mouth watering breakfast which I never miss even if I am not staying.
bhugs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2024, 08:06   #1284

Belgavi makes for a better stop. There a Fairfield Marriott on the highway itself where is usually stay with my family. The rooms are a bit small but good staff and breakfast is amazing.
TheMufi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2024, 17:15   #1285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seshadri Kannan View Post
When are you planning to take this route? Can you please share your experience of the road condition. I am planning to travel around 2nd week of Oct. Thanks in advance.
Old 4th October 2024, 07:55   #1286

Can anyone please share the current status of road after the rains, planning to take the Hyd->Solapur route to Goa. Thanks.
Old 6th October 2024, 09:41   #1287
BHPian

Drove from Goa to Hyderabad this Saturday. Took the Amboli > Ajara > Uttur > Nipani > Miraj > Solapur > Hyderabad route.

Total time 12 hours. Started at 12:30pm and reached Hyderabad at 12:30am. With a combined break of about 1hr 15 mins for Tea, Bio breaks, Fuel & Dinner.

The ghat section once you get off NH66 until you cross Amboli has many small patches of broken roads - I guess it is just the after effects of the monsoons. Nothing major that a sedan can't handle, but definitely you can't sustain steady speeds.

The best section as others have pointed out is the Miraj to Solapur road. One thing I found strange are the cops after every toll on this road doing random checks. The first time they asked me for details about where I was coming from and where I was going to, checked my papers and let me go. The second time I was a tad frustrated, and told them that I have already been checked and they let me go without checking anything!

The state of the National Highway from Solapur to just after the Karnataka border (Sastapur) is bad. It was specially difficult in the night with some rain around - sudden diversions and large potholes. And it did not seem that work is going on any fast pace, could not see any construction crews in the night. Can't believe that a major NH that connects Mumbai/Pune - Hyderabad is in this state!
indusboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2024, 08:50   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
One thing I found strange are the cops after every toll on this road doing random checks. The first time they asked me for details about where I was coming from and where I was going to, checked my papers and let me go. The second time I was a tad frustrated, and told them that I have already been checked and they let me go without checking anything!
Most likely the effect of upcoming assembly elections in Maharashtra. Usually they just check driving license and not other papers but additional enquiries are the norm around election time.
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2024, 16:41   #1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
Drove from Goa to Hyderabad this Saturday. Took the Amboli > Ajara > Uttur > Nipani > Miraj > Solapur > Hyderabad route.
Thanks for the detailed write up. A few follow up questions:
1. How was your journey from Hyd to Goa, when did you take that route?
2. Were you in North or South Goa. I would assume South will take longer, I am going to South
3. What is a good place for refueling

Last edited by graaja : 8th October 2024 at 16:59. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part of a post
Old 9th October 2024, 06:40   #1290
Team-BHP Support

Very soon all Hyd-Goa travelers should have a much better option coming up on the horizon in the form of NH748A. This is the Raichur-Belgaum highway.

NHAI has already started the process of 4-laning this highway.

Best part : It originates in Raichur from the Surat-Chennai expressway at Shakti Nagar. And I think that exit has already been completed and is awaiting this project to happen!

Here is a snapshot:
(Source)

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-raichurbelgaum.jpg.

Last edited by ampere : 9th October 2024 at 06:41.
ampere is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks