Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2023, 07:25   #1246
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuvdutta1994 View Post
Which is the best route out of all these for smooth travel?
Yyou have not mentioned your end destination but I assume its South Goa since one of the routes you considered ends there.
In that case I suggest Hyd-Raichur-Belgavi-Chorla ghat-Varca (if you are starting early before or around 5 am from Hyd).

if starting later you can opt for Zahirabad-Vijayapura route. Solapr-Nipani route makes sense if you are travelling to North Goa as depending upon destination it can add/reduce the time. Anyway, don't worry about time shown in Google Maps, if you drive moderately you can do this in 14 hours or less.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2023 at 02:51. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing, typos.
Old 7th August 2023, 19:42   #1247

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuvdutta1994 View Post
Hello Everyone, I am planning Goa trip from Hyderabad on August 15th, 2023 long weekend. After some map analysis, have planned the following route :
Hi,

Been traveling between Hyderabad and Goa since past 5 years. Have found this route the best.

Hyderabad > Zahirabad > Humnabad > Kalaburagi > Vijayapura > Belagavi > Goa

Most of the times I drive with the family. We start from Hyderabad around 1 pm after lunch and reach Vijayapura around 7 pm. We take a night halt in Vijayapura and start after breakfast around 8 am the next day to reach North Goa (Panaji) by 3 pm.

Have had a straight drive on this route, which took a little less than 14 hours.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2023 at 02:55. Reason: Quote trimmed, typos. Excessive smileyes removed.
Abhi.Kapz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 21:19   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi.Kapz View Post
...........and reach Vijayapura around 7 pm. We take a night halt in Vijayapura and start after breakfast around 8 am the next day to reach North Goa (Panaji) by 3 pm.
Logical to break journey at Vijayapura, but we've had a couple of bad experiences with the hotels in the city. Which is your preferred hotel in Vijayapura?
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 21:51   #1249

I have two hotels to recommend

1. Fern Residency, Vijayapura - use it when the family dog, Gabbar, is not accompanying us.

2. Kanthi Resorts, Badami - when Gabbar is with us, since it is pet friendly. About 85 kms further than Vijayapura, but serves the purpose well.
Abhi.Kapz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 07:35   #1250

Just completed a Hyderabad to Goa trip. May write a detailed post later but wanted to share a quick update on the route.

Hyd-Goa Leg (810 km/16.5 hrs): Hyderabad > Kurnool > Alur > Ballari > Hosapete > Hubballi (stopover) > Anmod > Panjim. Hyd-Kurnool and Hosapete-Hubballi roads are excellently. Ramnagar to Anmod ghat road had bad patches which will challenge low slung sedans. After entering Goa, we were stopped for PUC certificate but they let us go as we were in a newish car. There were speed guns as well so please follow speed limits especially after entering Goa

Goa-Hyd leg (730 km/13.5 hrs): Panjim > Amboli > Nipani > Miraj > Solapur > Hyderabad. Miraj to Hyderabad stretch is excellent. Amboli ghat itself is very good and scenic. The road from Amboli ghat to Nipani is a mixed bag of uneven patches, diversions, ongoing construction, some narrow sections. Nothing precarious as there isn't much traffic but one needs to be careful and patient. Remember the payoff is when you reach Miraj

Overall, unless one needs to go to South Goa, I'd recommend Amboli ghat route.
Derrida is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 16:18   #1251

After a lot of speculations, we decided to go via Raichur – Hubbali – Karwar route.
Onward journey was on 10th August and we returned on 15th August. We were grouped in 2 cars – a Kia Seltos turbo diesel and a Nissan Kicks 1.5 XV petrol. We started the trip at 8:30 PM from Hyderbad, Nallagandla. We ensured to take breaks every 100 Kms.
Surprisingly the roads conditions have really improved in this route. We did not find any isolated stretches. Small tea shops and petrol stations were open at night as well.
The stretch from Raichur to Koppal is single laned with minor potholes here and there.
The road from Budugumpa cross to Hubbali is 4 lane highway which is a relief and can help make up lost time during the journey. The part from Hubbali to Karwar via Yellapur is very scenic. The total travel time with dinner breaks, tea breaks and photo breaks was about 14:30 hours.

We returned on 15th August (Started our journey at 9 AM) using the same route, and the total travel time was 14 hours. We took less breaks on the return journey however, we encountered the daytime traffic in the small towns on the way back.

Note: While returning, I notices that Google maps was trying to show a shorter route near Koppal and Ginigera. But stuck to the main highway (highlighted in green) which saved more time.

Summary of the route: Hyderabad - Jadcherla- Raichur - Manvi - Sindhanur - Koppal - Hubbali - Karwar - Palolem.

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-whatsapp-image-20230819-4.11.25-pm.jpeg

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-whatsapp-image-20230819-4.11.24-pm.jpeg

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-whatsapp-image-20230819-4.11.23-pm.jpeg

Name:  kicks.png
Views: 868
Size:  684.9 KB

Name:  seltos.png
Views: 840
Size:  566.1 KB

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2023 at 02:55. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
Allwynstanley is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 17:18   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwynstanley View Post
After a lot of speculations, we decided to go via Raichur – Hubbali – Karwar route.

Note: While returning, I notices that Google maps was trying to show a shorter route near Koppal and Ginigera. But stuck to the main highway (highlighted in green) which saved more time.

Summary of the route: Hyderabad - Jadcherla- Raichur - Manvi - Sindhanur - Koppal - Hubbali - Karwar - Palolem
I usually take the shorter route between Ginigera to Budgumba cross it is a single road and widening of the road was happening.
Most of the town traffic is between Budgumpa cross upto Raichur

Last edited by gajadonga : 19th August 2023 at 17:26.
Old 13th September 2023, 16:00   #1253
BHPian

Last week I rode on my bike (Super meteor 650) from Hyderabad to Candolim, Goa and back, about 750kms each way. Turned into a Monsoon ride, drove through rain on my onward journey for most of the route between Hyd and Belgaum. Took the following routes:

Hyderabad > Humnabad > Kalaburagi > Vijayapura > Belgaum (halted for the night at Pai hotel). Started in Hyd around 7:30am and reached Belgaum by 6pm. Next morning rode to Candolim via Tilari ghat and reached in about 4 hours. The ride through this route was overall very scenic and recommend this route for a ride on bike.

On the return chose to take a longer route, Candolim (started around 8:30am) > Mumbai highway > Amboli Ghat > Ajara > Uttur > Pune Bengalur Highway > Nipanj > Kolhapur > Miraj > Solapur (halted for the night at kyriad by 6pm) > Humnabad > Hyderabad. The ride through Amboli and until the Pune Blr highway was very scenic. Though GMap showed a route from Nipanj to Miraj through interior roads, I chose to stick with the highway and drove via Kolhapur. It was longer but I guess it would be similar on time.

I recommend the above routes for North Goa and particularly when going by bike. On the onward journey you can halt in Belgaum and avoid riding the ghat section at night. On the return, you could do the entire drive back without a halt. Else if you are tired you can halt at Solapur.

Last edited by trishul : 13th September 2023 at 16:01. Reason: updates
trishul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 07:11   #1254
BHPian

Totally agree. Did this route on my Classic 500 as well, while participating in Rider Mania and followed the same route though on reverse. While going, took a halt at Kolhapur instead to enjoy the famous Tambda and Pandhara Rasa and did return non-stop via Belgaum.
Old 30th September 2023, 02:23   #1255

Hi folks, planning a trip to Karwar from Hyderabad. As of now the route shows the best option as going through Hubbali (Hyd -- Mahbubnagar -- Hubbali).

We are planning a night halt at Hubbali and then proceeding the next day to Karwar.
Any opinions about the route? Is there a better route available?
What about breakfast and lunch options on the way?

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2023 at 02:56. Reason: Spacing.
joserajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 05:57   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joserajesh View Post
Hi folks, planning a trip to Karwar from Hyderabad. As of now the route shows the best option as going through Hubbali (Hyd -- Mahbubnagar -- Hubbali).

We are planning a night halt at Hubbali and then proceeding the next day to Karwar.
Any opinions about the route? Is there a better route available?
What about breakfast and lunch options on the way?
First time seeing a plan to go only up to Karwar and not touching Goa Yes route via Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Hubbali is good but this is easily doable in a days time unless you specifically want to stay at Hubbali and roam around. Suggest to leave early by 5 am to avoid traffic at Mahbubnagar city and byepass. Very limited options for breakfast so better to carry sandwiches or snacks from home.
bhugs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 14:09   #1257

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhugs View Post
First time seeing a plan to go only up to Karwar and not touching Goa Yes route via Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Hubbali is good but this is easily doable in a days time unless you specifically want to stay at Hubbali and roam around. Suggest to leave early by 5 am to avoid traffic at Mahbubnagar city and byepass. Very limited options for breakfast so better to carry sandwiches or snacks from home.
Been there done that many a time. However will probably get in a day drive to Dudhsagar. We are traveling with small children as well and hence the break at Hubbali. In addition, there is a constraint in terms of our arrival time in Karwar.
joserajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 16:15   #1258
BHPian

Just checking whether Hyderabad > Zahirabad > Humnabad > Kalaburagi > Vijayapura > Belagavi >Chorla Ghat > Goa is still the best route? I have always preferred this route. Would appreciate any feedback regarding the same.
Old 7th October 2023, 09:18   #1259

Greetings everyone! We're planning a road trip from HYD to North Goa (specifically Arpora Bagga) next week with a family of three. We're considering two potential routes: one via Vijapure and the other via Hubbali Ambili Ghat/Miraj. A night halt is essential for us, and we prioritize route quality over distance/time. Any suggestions or recommendations on which route to take would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 22nd November 2023, 18:29   #1260
BHPian

hi anyone tried the new sangli route from north Goa to Hyderabad? where does the 4 lane start?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks