Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 16:43   #1231
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhugs View Post
If you liked the breakfast spread and found the elderly owner checking with every guest if they enjoyed the same, it was definitely Sankam. We actually try to start early from Goa and reach Belgaum in time for breakfast at Sankam on our ride back home normally ..............
On the return leg, despite leaving very early in the morning from Varca, we got a bit delayed thanks to Google Maps suggesting a scenic route via various South Goa villages.

By the time we reached Sankam, the breakfast buffet was about to close but the staff kept it open to enable us to eat. High customer service levels.

If I recall correctly, someone from the staff mentioned that the same owners have another hotel in Hubli.
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 08:18   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
How was the road conditions between MK Hubli and Khanapur
Quite nice. You can easily maintain a good speed and only have to watch out for occasional speed bumps. Route is scenic too. Only issue we faced was when we took the diversion from Anmod ghat road to our resort in Sancordem Goa which as everyone knows passes through the jungle section and is bad.
bhugs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 10:15   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Quite nice. You can easily maintain a good speed and only have to watch out for occasional speed bumps. ..............
Given the road conditions, what's the average speed you could maintain on both legs of the trip to Goa? I do know that the road conditions vary, since some of the routes are through towns and villages.
Old 22nd June 2023, 07:00   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Given the road conditions, what's the average speed you could maintain on both legs of the trip to Goa? I do know that the road conditions vary, since some of the routes are through towns and villages.
70-80 is the average speed you can do on this route. Yes it passes through some of the interiors near Kolhapur- region where its like normal city traffic but that doesn't last long, maybe overall an hour and half of total journey.
Old 22nd June 2023, 08:28   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
70-80 is the average speed you can do on this route. ...............
If one can maintain an average speed of 80 kph, I guess it's possible to drive from Hyderabad to Belgaum in 7-8 hours, with a couple of short breaks.
Old 22nd June 2023, 09:57   #1236
BHPian

yes and thats why I said, even if you start by 10:30 am from Hyderabad you can easily reach Belgaum by 6:30-7 pm when there is still light.
BTW I have just returned back from Belgaum yesterday(no driving took the flight) and weather is awesome there.
Old 22nd June 2023, 16:29   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
yes and thats why I said, even if you start by 10:30 am from Hyderabad you can easily reach Belgaum by 6:30-7 pm when there is still light..........
Banjara Hills>ORR>Zaheerabad>Humnabad>Solapur>Sangli>Belga um appears to be the preferred route according to Google Maps though it is some 50+ kms longer than the route via Gulbarga>Bagalkote. I guess the road conditions must be better allowing for a higher average speed.
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 17:48   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Banjara Hills>ORR>Zaheerabad>Humnabad>Solapur>Sangli>Belga um appears to be the preferred route according to Google Maps though it is some 50+ kms longer than the route via Gulbarga>Bagalkote. I guess the road conditions must be better allowing for a higher average speed.
Yes road up to Solapur(barring a small section around Omerga) is very nice, I actually took around 6-7 hours only to cover that. Just carry some snacks etc. as there won't be many good eateries on this route.
Old 22nd June 2023, 20:37   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Yes road up to Solapur(barring a small section around Omerga) is very nice, I actually took around 6-7 hours only to cover that. Just carry some snacks etc. as there won't be many good eateries on this route.
The section around Omerga has been potholed and uneven since forever. I first encountered this section way back in May/June 2014 and it still remains the same as mentioned in dispatches on the Forum.

Thanks for the information regarding the eateries. What about the rest of the route to Belgaum?
Old 23rd June 2023, 07:03   #1240
BHPian

rest is all good. Also you will find some good eating options when you are nearing Solapur but you have to be on a lookout for the same. I drove past couple of them as wasn't hungry at that time.
Old 25th June 2023, 22:54   #1241

couple of months ago i did hyd to goa with my wife and daughter...
the onward journey was hyd-jadcherla-raichur-sindhanoor-gangawati-yellapur-hospet-goa if i remember right ... the stretch from jadcherla to gangawati is pathetic..thought thats the best option to consider .

the return leg I tried via belgau bagalkot but the road seemed too patchy/bumpy and we had to detour to raichur via bagalkot...thats the worst road to take..avoid it under any circumstances..from raichur it routes to vikarabad and that road is even pathetic..

i think the road via bagalkot-belgau-vijaypura-shapur is good as most of the community guys also have recommended that route ..

and do add a stop for being double sure about your route.. i faced a technical glitch as my maps bypassed even the stop i had added on the maps!

hope this info helps!

btw i started my trip from banjara hills!
Travelyogi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 12:04   #1242
BHPian

I did the Hyderabad - Goa - Hyderabad last week for Bakrid long weekend. The route taken was Hyderabad - Solapur - Miraj - Nipani - Amboli Ghat - Calangute for the onward and return journey.

The onward journey was 12 hours of driving time excluding breaks. We started at 11AM from Kukatpally, Hyderabad and reached our hotel in Calangute by midnight. The return journey was longer by an hour or two due to traffic jams near Amboli waterfall along with rain and fog and Sunday rush for the waterfall. Solapur to Humnabad stretch had water logging all along on NH65 on Sunday night reducing our average speed.

Roads were good all along. A few kms in the Amboli ghat were under repair just as we enter NH 548, these stretches have slush and patches due to rain. NH166 from Solapur to Miraj was excellent, that 165kms stretch can be done in 1.5 to 2 hours with sparse traffic. Watch out for ugly expansion joints on the bridges and flyovers which will unsettle the car at high speed (when will our highways fix this)

Itinerary followed

Day 1 - Wed - Start at 11am from Hyderabad and reach Calangute, Goa by midnight. Lunch at Khan Chacha on the NH before entering Solapur - decent non AC hotel. Liked their Mutton Dalcha Khana and Apricot Delight

Day 2 - Thu - Mangueshi temple, Tirupati Balaji temple, Basilica of Bom Jesus, SE Cathedral, Mandovi sunset river cruise followed by dinner at The Fisherman's Wharf at Calangute - food is great as always

Day 3 - Fri - Upper Aguada fort, Lower Aguada fort, Chapora fort, Baga Beach, Calangute beach. Dinner at our IBIS hotel

Day 4 - Sat - Cabo de Rama fort, Cola beach with Kayaking - 500 per Kayak (seats 2) - Palolem beach with some food at Cafe Silver Star. Tried wood fired pizza at midnight from Baked in Joint, Anjuna

Day 5 - Sun - Started at noon and stopped in Amboli ghat at few locations to enjoy the fog, roadside waterfalls and views. Late lunch at Amboli, tasted the Maharashtra fish thalis. Reached home early morning

Our ride was my 3 month old Skoda Slavia 1.0 Style AT. It was fully loaded and was driven hard all along returning around 11-12 kmpl on the entire trip. Filled XP95 for most of the trip but had to settle for regular fuel on the return journey as we couldn't find 95 Octane or even petrol in most of the filling stations between Naldurg and Humnabad.

One of my friend took the Hyderabad - Solapur - Miraj - Belagavi - Chorla ghat - Varca route and he mentioned similar observations.
vinaydatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 21:31   #1243

Is the Raichur - Hubbali - south Goa route safe for night travel?
Or is the Zaheerabad route better at night at most of the buses ply that route at night.
Old 16th July 2023, 15:35   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwynstanley View Post
Is the Raichur - Hubbali - south Goa route safe for night travel?
Or is the Zaheerabad route better at night at most of the buses ply that route at night.
I will not recommend that route for night travel as there are several stretches with no traffic and are secluded so are not safe and in case of any emergency , help might be difficult to find. Zaheerabad route on the other hand is mostly NH so used by lots of transporters and thus safer.
Old 2nd August 2023, 00:51   #1245

Hello Everyone, I am planning Goa trip from Hyderabad on August 15th, 2023 long weekend. After some map analysis, have planned the following route :

Hyd->Kurnool->Gooty->Bellary->Hosapete->Hubballi->Dharwad->Belagavi->Amboli ghat [Total time - 16hr 30min, 850km, Have mostly tried to follow NH-48, 67, 44].

Any suggestions/inputs on this route from your end? Anyone who has done this route in recent times could you please help with the route details/precautions/patches/speed breakers.

Other Alternate Routes ->
Hyderabad - Solapur - Miraj - Nipani - Amboli Ghat
Hyderabad - Solapur - Miraj - Belagavi - Chorla Ghat - Varca
Hyderabad > Zahirabad > Humnabad > Kalaburagi > Vijayapura > Belagavi > Goa

Which is the best route out of all these for smooth travel?

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2023 at 02:54. Reason: Typos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks